Crushing question

FluffyKitten

Yeah I am not sure what the rate of returned mats is, but I know that anything crafted with hard poly will yield organic poly when ground, and they cap grinder resource generation at 100 of each resource used to craft the item. So no, you're not getting 5k ing back for that Mastercraft mosa platform... IMO the grinder is a giant waste of mats unless you use it for leveling a character by grinding wood. 

8 hours ago, lmaFrickinBeast said:

Yeah I am not sure what the rate of returned mats is, but I know that anything crafted with hard poly will yield organic poly when ground, and they cap grinder resource generation at 100 of each resource used to craft the item. So no, you're not getting 5k ing back for that Mastercraft mosa platform... IMO the grinder is a giant waste of mats unless you use it for leveling a character by grinding wood. 

I agree .... I spent so much resources to build it, only to stop using it after 1 day.

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I agree .... I spent so much resources to build it, only to stop using it after 1 day.

Nooo you fill it with old saddles, or any extra junk you get from killing alphas and it pays you back! I have gotten probably 6-10k metal from my grinders! Who needs 35 Ramshackle picks? Keep the best (unless you have better grade) and grind the rest, profit!

7 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Nooo you fill it with old saddles, or any extra junk you get from killing alphas and it pays you back! I have gotten probably 6-10k metal from my grinders! Who needs 35 Ramshackle picks? Keep the best (unless you have better grade) and grind the rest, profit!

I never thought of grinding the saddles, I have so many ASC Mantis saddles, etc, that I just throw them away at the drops. But now I will bring them back and grind them up. I'm such a Noob sometimes.

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I never thought of grinding the saddles, I have so many ASC Mantis saddles, etc, that I just throw them away at the drops. But now I will bring them back and grind them up. I'm such a Noob sometimes.

I'm a hoarder. If it's got some value I keep it. So collecting junk is my specialty.  if it can't be sold, traded or replace my best of the same item griiiiiiiiiiiiiindeeeerrrrrrrr. In the words of efficiency it's better to recycle to reduce the cost of the future item. We hate grinding for materials so...grind  what you got and gather the rest. Kind of ironic really. Grinding either way for materials lol.  You'd be surprised how much you can save even with primitive junk.  Reduce general material gathering and production time by 35-50% depending on how much you wanna horde. (Oh the days of elder scrolls) 

dropping a fridge or somethin out of a beacon to me is like tossing a pop can or something in the garbage. I'm collecting junk if y'all wanna stop by xD

16 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

I'm a hoarder. If it's got some value I keep it. So collecting junk is my specialty.  if it can't be sold, traded or replace my best of the same item griiiiiiiiiiiiiindeeeerrrrrrrr. In the words of efficiency it's better to recycle to reduce the cost of the future item. We hate grinding for materials so...grind  what you got and gather the rest. Kind of ironic really. Grinding either way for materials lol.  You'd be surprised how much you can save even with primitive junk.  Reduce general material gathering and production time by 35-50% depending on how much you wanna horde. (Oh the days of elder scrolls) 

dropping a fridge or somethin out of a beacon to me is like tossing a pop can or something in the garbage. I'm collecting junk if y'all wanna stop by xD

This is how I am picturing Big Bears gaming setup .... xD

Video Game hoarder.jpg

20 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

This is how I am picturing Big Bears gaming setup .... xD

Video Game hoarder.jpg

Hahahahaha not far off. Have a n64 I play regularly with the lady. Mario party 2 and 3. 

Yeeeaaah when I won't keep stone haha. Metal tools or chitin armour minimum or primitive saddles lol. Cloth and stone are dropped even to my standards so I retract my primitive item statement aha. 

Keeping on topics, you can grind saddles and I recommend getting a grinder for those who hoard just as bad as me lol. Call me an ark hippie REDUCE REUSE REEEECYCLLLEEE (40k scavenged stone arrows for sale anyone?) jk haha

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I keep any metal tools, or weapons, even things like scopes and the lasers for the rifles, the lasers give electronics! Not a lot, but still, better than nothing! (I save things like ghilli suits and other things that will give poly because it only does organic, so I save that for a time when I need poly directly) other than that all metal tools, all old saddles, any sub par xbows, all into the grinder!

Archived