I'm going solo on a dedicated server and wanted to know if anyone has some tips and what maps are best. I'm currently on the island and have a small thatch base for right now. I'm surviving but the problem I'm running into is I don't know when I should start taming and once I do how do I hide them. Any input would be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, nicklovin07 said:

I'm going solo on a dedicated server and wanted to know if anyone has some tips and what maps are best. I'm currently on the island and have a small thatch base for right now. I'm surviving but the problem I'm running into is I don't know when I should start taming and once I do how do I hide them. Any input would be appreciated.

Im a pve type so no pvp experience.  1 thing i do know is build in dense location and leave the foliage alone in the bases close area.  This way it stays somewhat hidden.  Tame the necessities.  A recon/battle mount, a berry farmer, a rock farmer, a metal farmer.  Get to stone asap and get the stone structure up.

5 minutes ago, Gigawaya said:

idk because i am still figuring this stuff out myself but i hear if you build fences in dense areas like the one dude said that also helps

Thank you, see stone is immune to almost all dino attacks, only theriz, giga, dunkleo, and titans are tameable dinos that can destroy stone structure.  Doubtful anyones gonna tame a temporary titan used for huge wars to sqwash a lil guy in stone lol.  Gigas spawn only in the north, theriz dont aggro on structure without 1st aggroing on you or your dinos. Dunkleo cant leave the water.  Alpha predators can hurt stone so dont hide in your base from a raptor unless you can kill it from there.  Try yo build in a spot thats easier to defend, at least once your higher, you can create the structure and place it all at once in a new location.  Also put a layer of wall between your outside walls and the inside of your house.  I mean put a perimeter of wall inside your house.  Make secret compartments and have a stash.  Create a network of castle style maze like walls and false doors leading to a 1v1 empty room, even fake chests to waste their supplies and time trying to raid you.

Good advice. I'm definitely trying to keep it small and in a dense area. I've had this game for over a year. I haven't played in like 6-7 months though. I gave up on it because I had a good tribe but recruited some high school kids and they screwed everything up for me. They pissed off the alphas in the server and well I was out for 2 days and came on and we were wiped. The alpha's offered to recruit me but there is no fun in that. I just put it away. Now I'm back at it. Anyways last night I remembered how difficult it is by yourself so if you are recruiting I would definitely like to join.  

23 hours ago, Gigawaya said:

Hell yeah, I like your way of thinking man! Thanks for the info i appreciate it, if you ever run into me and my buddy on the ark My gamer tag is also Gigawaya

Hey if im helpful like my posts lol.

29 minutes ago, nicklovin07 said:

Good advice. I'm definitely trying to keep it small and in a dense area. I've had this game for over a year. I haven't played in like 6-7 months though. I gave up on it because I had a good tribe but recruited some high school kids and they screwed everything up for me. They pissed off the alphas in the server and well I was out for 2 days and came on and we were wiped. The alpha's offered to recruit me but there is no fun in that. I just put it away. Now I'm back at it. Anyways last night I remembered how difficult it is by yourself so if you are recruiting I would definitely like to join.  

I see, i was a tribe leader back when, rwally i was/am a clan leader of a crossplatform, multi game clan.  The ark branch dried up when my ark 2nd in command died.  We just all lost heart.  If it was still going id gladly take you in.  Maybe if you can scratch together a few pvp noobs or players that can learn something in general i could oversee for you, im on ps4 tho.  If you guys have any questions about specific areas or boss fights write me.  Ive beat the 3 island bosses and manticore on alpha solo and beta overseer.  1 last trick, therws numerous small resource caves dotting the sea floor inside rocks.  Theres oxygen in these, larger sea creatures cant get in and if you wall the landing with metal walls and put up turret type defenses it be very hard to breach the safe house.  If your conscious of the nodes in the cave youll have crystal oil and pearls spawning in your safe house.  Dont know if this works on official tho.  And remember the most important tame is a quetz, everything is easier with a quetz lol.

I'm on PS4 too. I will definitely try to get some people together. I'm currently on a Ragnarok map. I've never played Ragnarok but it seems huge with plenty of places to put a small base. Every Island server I get on the Alpha's have been pretty douchey lol. I mean I understand PVP but when you are alpha and destroy my little 1x1 lol that sucks!!! I'm sure they have just gotten really bored and have nothing else to do on the map. I mean to me if I was alpha I would want some people to build up that way we would have a challenge. That's just me though. That's how the alpha was in the server I was in. I just can't remember the server number. 

(my gamer tag is also nicklovin07)

I have to say and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I believe I've got a good server to start on. I was on yesterday for about 6 hours all together. After leveling up to 37 I have a STONE HUT lol. I fit in a forge, bed, pestle, and campfire. I plan on getting few supplies and starting another stone hut somewhere else. It's such a grind but after finishing my first and getting a metal pick axe, and metal axe getting resources is a little faster. Plus when you are solo getting things is much easier, and faster. I have died a lot from dino's but that's it. Now this evening when I jump back on we shall see if everything is still there.

22 minutes ago, nicklovin07 said:

I have to say and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I believe I've got a good server to start on. I was on yesterday for about 6 hours all together. After leveling up to 37 I have a STONE HUT lol. I fit in a forge, bed, pestle, and campfire. I plan on getting few supplies and starting another stone hut somewhere else. It's such a grind but after finishing my first and getting a metal pick axe, and metal axe getting resources is a little faster. Plus when you are solo getting things is much easier, and faster. I have died a lot from dino's but that's it. Now this evening when I jump back on we shall see if everything is still there.

good luck to you on that regard some I know all too well that server owners can be assholes.

Get you some wooden bases built in some hidden areas. Build you maybe 3 through the map and see which get's destroyed and which doesn't and that will help you with decided on where to build. Trust as a solo player unless you plan on living on a boat you have to get yourself hidden. Tame you some parasaur and just level up weight on it to start harvesting metal

Archived