UnableToBuildInsideWalls

Can't transfer character from official to official

A tribemate of ours is unable to transfer his character from our official island server to another official server. He is basically stuck on the island server. He cannot transfer out of an obelisk, nor from our tek transmitter. when he types in the server he is either unable to find any servers, or if he is able to find the server, when he clicks transfer the process doesn't finish and just keeps him on the server. He can upload items and dinos, but not his character. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and/or found a workaround?

My step father and I got Ark for a Christmas gift. Upon first playing I learned that every time I opened up my single player world my map resets itself. This was acceptable, but I also learned that I cannot transfer my character from map to map, no matter what I tried. However my step dad's map doesn't reset and he can transfer his character instantly. This is all on the same Xbox, just on different profiles. I'm not sure how to fix this issue or what the issue actually is. I'd appreciate any help possible. 

Okay so what you want to do is kill yourself, then go to download character 

You should see the character you were playing as download it

Once you respond it's gonna say that your character left the tribe but that was you duped character that left

You should be able to transfer 

P.s if you have problems reply

On 1/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Finder said:

Okay so what you want to do is kill yourself, then go to download character 

You should see the character you were playing as download it

Once you respond it's gonna say that your character left the tribe but that was you duped character that left

You should be able to transfer 

P.s if you have problems reply

Sorry for being dumb lol but when I've killed myself how do I download character? I'm just getting respawn options