Greetings

Jedidurb

I've been playing Ark now with my friends for a good long while now. We all picked it up back when it was first released in beta for the PS4.  While I've been playing the game for sometime now, I'm fairly new to the forums here. With the more recent posts regarding the TLC updates I figured I'd go ahead and make a profile here, why not right? 

While on the PS4 we tend to use the Non-dedicated serves. While the tether distance of 250m is a pain, we're ok with it. Its a decent trade off for having our own private server.  

Little about my Ark adventures:

My buddies and I usually tend to stick to the Island. Its the one we're all more familiar with. We know where resources are and what safe routes to take and such. We each even have our set jobs within our 3-4 man tribe. I'm usually 'Bob the builder' as my friends call me. As I'm the one who tends to build the most. Our other members include our Blacksmith (Weapons and Armor), and our Drug Dealer (Narcotics, Saddles, and Misc.)  

We tried the Center Map awhile back, and we loved it at first. However after one of the updates the tether distance in the game was broken. Any time someone stepped in the water, they would slingshot back to the host. So unfortunate we had to give this beautiful map up.  Though we are looking to eventually going back. 

Scorched earth proved to be a pain for us. Granted we were sorely unprepared for the harsh weather lol. 

Ragnarok is my personal favorite map.  Huge and lush environments. Creatures of all shapes, sizes, and well pretty much all that Ark offers. 

Aberation we haven't bought, and its future for us remains uncertain. Though, via console commands (gmsummon) we acquired three of the light source giving creatures. Perfect little things combined with our megalouraus for those night time strolls through the jungles. 

My own thoughts on the game:

The biggest thing I'd say this game needs, especially for consoles, is a longer Tether distance. A while back a glitch in one of the updates allowed for a tether distance slider and max of about 1000m or so. Then the Devs came out saying this was a mistake and that the game/system couldn't support it.  In my own experience the game was never better. We never had any issues during that time.  But thats just my own two cents on the matter. 

Archived