Community Crunch 127: New Code of Conduct & Incident Reports!

Jen

Surely they could add in something about the excessive pillaring on PVE. I rrecognize its not a simple matter, but surely there's a difference between protecting resource areas, creating a buffer area around your base and pillaring everything just to spite and troll an entire server. I've recently given the game a fresh start and on my current Center map, one tribe has pillared all good base locations. And its blatantly clear, as there's 5-6 pillars positioned so that no one can build there... And its tens of locations. You could understand saving one, two, three locations for future building... But blocking most good locations is just asshat behaviour and ruins the game for everyone else on that server.

Edited by Steff

16 hours ago, Zone42 said:

Thank for getting back to me, the sad fact is we will stop playing Arbs as the map is unplayable because of one player (who calls himself the king of the server) who has behemoth gated all routes on the map, everone has put in complaints but as official Legacy gets no help oh well. 

Sounds familiar; The guy who claims it's not blocking, it's his base? Even though it clearly isn't.

If it's the same guy, he is the reason why I don't play AB with my tribemate. 

also on legacy server, we have tribes who have been playing the game since 185.64 (not sure if that's the one) and they have walls that won't come down unless you break the foundation (floating walls)

does that count towards exploiting? it'll be unfair to count that as exploiting since they have built with that mechanic since the beginning of time

Just now, HiImZech said:

also on legacy server, we have tribes who have been playing the game since 185.64 (not sure if that's the one) and they have walls that won't come down unless you break the foundation (floating walls)

does that count towards exploiting? it'll be unfair to count that as exploiting since they have built with that mechanic since the beginning of time

There is no GM support for legacy.

Its the wild west, people can do as they please sadly.

13 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

what do you mean by sadly? we're doing very well here :D

no pillar spammers no awful people everyone's kind and happy and sharing freebies with each other :3

Well yea, but earlier you were inquiring about if the rule change applied to legacy, and it doesnt. 

And yes I can see why legacy sounds more appealing... We moved off it but considering good ol' 440 is still standing and not tamecapped im regretting... Then again I bet dlc maps are awfully full.

Could we get a daeodon, phiomia on aberration the farm is just not complete without them. 

Also a jerboa with a glowing tail would be awesome on aberration 

and could we get some decorative items like armor stand we all ready have a attack dummy would be nice to be able to put armor on it.

oh and stairs, they should be one foundation wide and take you up one wall high or close to it and be able to snap a cieling foundation to the top. 

Also could get rid of the water intake pipe, add water saddle bags transport water to large water tower at base use that to pump to crop plots. Should be able to store enough water to feed  20 crop plots for 7 days. That will get rid of pipes going across the map and give tribes another task to do. But not make it a chore.

5 minutes ago, Blackmage2015 said:

Could we get a daeodon, phiomia on aberration the farm is just not complete without them. 

Also a jerboa with a glowing tail would be awesome on aberration 

and could we get some decorative items like armor stand we all ready have a attack dummy would be nice to be able to put armor on it.

oh and stairs, they should be one foundation wide and take you up one wall high or close to it and be able to snap a cieling foundation to the top. 

Also could get rid of the water intake pipe, add water saddle bags transport water to large water tower at base use that to pump to crop plots. Should be able to store enough water to feed  20 crop plots for 7 days. That will get rid of pipes going across the map and give tribes another task to do. But not make it a chore.

Forcefeed roll rats instead of a phiomia for poops, itll work trust me.

Plant Z replace daeodons.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:09 PM, BobXan said:

"blocking in other tribes dinos"......... read it properly

I wasn't sure if you were responding to me, @BobXan, but I was referring to this bullet point, which WC has noted as an exploit:

On 4/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jen said:

> Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include attacking and living in unintended game-zones (under the mesh), duplication of tames, items and characters, unintended building mechanics in order to achieve floating structures, ***or building a box around your quetzal (or other platform creatures) to protect it from taking damage,*** and intentionally crashing users or servers (through DDoS or otherwise).

I understand that boxing in other people's dinos is a trashy thing to do. I generally try to be polite when playing online anyway, so it's not really something I'd attempt. (I'd honestly rather make friends than make enemies.)

14 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Is that a massive wall of behe gates blocking off blue from green area? Or is there a base inside that?

It's a massive wall of Behemoths in the green area, with a sign by the wallmaker that expresses an intention to block off a tribe. Not blocking off blue, but the wall is blocking off the only footpath to the north side of the portal room's upper floor, several bases are located along that path.

It interfered with my path home, as I would run my Drake up there, then jump off the top edge to get home, a path I took every three days for several months.i had to take a longer way back home after that was erected. That wall was a last straw for me, and I have quit playing that official server (mostly due to not having time for the upkeep)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, iDankEngine said:

I LOVE how reporting is only available for PC, I have been dossed offline by xbox players because of ark and witnessed servers be dossed so that players can raid without interruptions. And your not going to punish under the meshing on Xbox? 

You can still report issues on console here: https://support.survivetheark.com/

As the announcement stated it is currently in Beta for PC, no-one has said that you can't report console issues, it's just the new format is currently for PC only and is in beta stages.

@Jatheish @JenIs this still WC's opinion on .INI changes? Or does changing .INI settings now fall under the following:

Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.

> Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third party programs such as ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine modifications.

Could you please clarify? I know for some people(on PVE) changing INI files increases their performance a lot, but I don't think they want to be banned

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, Jatheish said:

We don't have a lot of presence on Steam, we primarily use it for announcements and making sure that some important information is available (patch notes, events, resources etc). We're a small team, so it would be preferred if players were using these boards/Reddit to engage with us directly. Steam is just covering one part of our player base, whereas our hub is platform agnostic and more people have the option of voicing their opinion and sharing their feedback.

Correct, it is one part but with 5 million units or so sold to date on that platform and the daily activity on its forums for Ark being arguably as or more active than the official forums, here, (I've not monitored reddit's activity to state otherwise).  I understand the statements of foucs on reddit and the official forums but its somewhat counterintuitive knowing how steam makes for quicker facilitation of dissemination of information by just under half the player base of the game.

Also, I know members of the team have expressed as well open disdain for the steam forums too in the past but again its just a shame that resources cannot be put forward on the platform more to have both proactive and reactive responses to issues and interactions.  While you cite the dev team being small(70's if I remember right), that doesn't require precluding more volunteer mods answering to Eli, you, etc or even some non dev team related payment resource that could be allotted for more liasons for steam either. GP Deb David  are the only volunteer mods typically witnessed sporadically on steam ark forums and I think you can agree you could well enact more and quite easily. 

So again its just disappointing I genuinely think more could be done and not require full time devs at WA/FL/UK paygrades to do it.  There are not too many things I am overly critical of the team for but the reticence to facilitate more on the steam platform in these regards is one of them.