Community Crunch 127: New Code of Conduct & Incident Reports!

Jen

9 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

Can you guys please check out the respawns on single player?, on console at least? My map is pretty much empty and has been for quite awhile. I have heard others are having the same problem. If the respawns are linked to the in-game time at all I would really change that since players all have different settings for their day speed. Please and thank you.

*Raises hand* Yep I have this, it's really annoying and has put me off the game. I've tweeted and posted threads telling them now more times than I care to remember and they won't even acknowledge it because they don't give a rats ass about Singleplayer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Shave said:

*Raises hand* Yep I have this, it's really annoying and has put me off the game. I've tweeted and posted threads telling them now more times than I care to remember and they won't even acknowledge it because they don't give a rats ass about Singleplayer.

I pray they make it a priority and take it seriously.

9 hours ago, strker45 said:

To combat "pillaring" that blocks others from building, why not implement a minimum of 15 components to constitute a structure. The specific number of components ( walls, foundations, pillars and ceilings ) would likely need fine tuning, however I think it may be a good way to prevent this behavior. It would end up being very "cost" prohibitive to build small shacks all over the map to achieve the same result as a pillar with a ladder on it does now. 

That is too much like work for them just like turning legacy into official or only allowing character transfer like they did with ab

2 hours ago, pkurzawski said:
12 hours ago, Chinstrap99 said:
I can't wait for the TLC Phase 2 comes out for console, it's been a long time coming!

Gotta love how over a month ago they tell us "Mid-April" then at the last minute push it back to the end of April

2,5 years on the market and they still have no clue  how much time they need to have things done. No one treat Wildcard and their ETAs seriously at this point. 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Ultriomangyga said:

Honestly with hiding under meshes and exploiting glitches, don't just ban people who embrace the glitchiness of your game, just fix the damn glitches.

We agree! We're working on fixes daily, especially for under the meshing. Unfortunately it's a game of cat and mouse, as we resolve methods, more are discovered but we've certainly cracked down on a lot so far and will continue to do so.

12 hours ago, Novarae said:

My only criticism of the code of conduct update is that more proactive (and reactive) applicability to that on the steam forums would be very welcome.  Having people go pages and pages in threads(even being reported for it) calling devs and others pretty vulgar names and insults, spreading intention disinformation, and much worse on a -daily- basis seems to contradict the effort stated above.  I just wish more consistency was put in place in that regard.

We don't have a lot of presence on Steam, we primarily use it for announcements and making sure that some important information is available (patch notes, events, resources etc). We're a small team, so it would be preferred if players were using these boards/Reddit to engage with us directly. Steam is just covering one part of our player base, whereas our hub is platform agnostic and more people have the option of voicing their opinion and sharing their feedback.

12 hours ago, eESTlane said:

this is utter bs.

you are forcing people to join large tribes on pvp as otherwise they'd be annihilated. your fault for not limiting tribe size or cutting down the alliance numbers. how the heck are we supposed to know if our "teammates" hack when there are so many. without spectator mode, i'd already have reported shroud...still would looking at his pov. and mesh bases...i've personally fought several hackers/meshers and reported them swiftly but the sluggish few weeks/months of detective work on WC side wont get you your gear back. unless you're a big streamer and have your own pocket dev as a fanboy, which most of us dont. besides, it's somewhat impossible to track box-box and 123 players. again, your fault WC.

ffs, there are infinite number of ways to exploit the system. what is sever enough to be reported is beyond me. like, i'd consider bodybags being a serious issue, allowing for no-weight transportation...and everyone does that. i've seen several funny but broken quetzal builds for taming and transporting that can be borderline broken, or not as it was intended for. 

inevitably this game will make people quit. still so broken and you wont be compensated when things  do go south, even with video evidence. i so do hate WC for ruining a game that had so much potential. 

That rule is more so targetting tribes who are frequently having members being punished/removed from the game for cheating. If you're unsure whether something is against the rules, just send us a message about it (as mentioned in the CoC). We're not looking to 'pick' on people, or target them for small/minor issues. Part of the reason for switching to this system is so that we're not as sluggish as we used to be and we're able to deal with reports as they're incoming, much quicker. 

13 hours ago, Zone42 said:

As this is a code of conduct will it apply to Legacy servers? As the trolling problem is making the game unplayable. 

We no longer support our Legacy servers since retail launch. We'll only update them and make sure that they're still playable if they're online and still accessible. In some extreme cases, we may respond to reports but it's not likely.

10 hours ago, Divlo said:

It wasn't great to begin with. You can't bring sexy back if it was never there. SOTF is dead and the Battle Royale market is oversaturated. WC would have to spend far more time and resources than they have to make it playable....let alone viable. Even then it would still have to compete with PUBg and Fortnite...which it won't. End stop.

55 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We agree! We're working on fixes daily, especially for under the meshing. Unfortunately it's a game of cat and mouse, as we resolve methods, more are discovered but we've certainly cracked down on a lot so far and will continue to do so.

We don't have a lot of presence on Steam, we primarily use it for announcements and making sure that some important information is available (patch notes, events, resources etc). We're a small team, so it would be preferred if players were using these boards/Reddit to engage with us directly. Steam is just covering one part of our player base, whereas our hub is platform agnostic and more people have the option of voicing their opinion and sharing their feedback.

That rule is more so targetting tribes who are frequently having members being punished/removed from the game for cheating. If you're unsure whether something is against the rules, just send us a message about it (as mentioned in the CoC). We're not looking to 'pick' on people, or target them for small/minor issues. Part of the reason for switching to this system is so that we're not as sluggish as we used to be and we're able to deal with reports as they're incoming, much quicker. 

We no longer support our Legacy servers since retail launch. We'll only update them and make sure that they're still playable if they're online and still accessible. In some extreme cases, we may respond to reports but it's not likely.

Thank for getting back to me, the sad fact is we will stop playing Arbs as the map is unplayable because of one player (who calls himself the king of the server) who has behemoth gated all routes on the map, everone has put in complaints but as official Legacy gets no help oh well. 

My only real problem is the platform bits. If making a taming box on the ground is okay but making one on a quetz or boat isn't then what is the point on PVE? I'd prefer a quetz box or a taming raft to spawn blocking locked taming sheds all over the redwoods. It's a workaround that players have HAD to do because they can't just grab dinos and tame them safely like in PVP. so it's either make a taming boat, make a permanent installation in the area, or spam spike walls which usually get left there. so they either make a mess, get reported or have their tame ruined by carnivores or pegos

the number one complaint i hear on officials from new players is that there's nowhere to build. on my AB server the river is pillared to hell and full of karkinos traps. The only way i can keep an angler penned or a diplocaulus is to make a raft pen. 

I've seen some broken builds, don't get me wrong, but i'd rather not have the ocean spammed with gate traps or the redwoods full of pit traps. quetzals have been nerfed so hard lately and the argie update sealed the deal. quetzal is outclassed as a gathering mount, mobile base, and a seige dino. so what is even the purpose anymore?

and as far as protecting dinos from damage, fix karkinos taming then. one of the most common taming methods for new AB tribes (once again due to giant kark traps all over) is a paracer with a barrier. but according to new guidelines that's ban worthy now? i seriously hope you explain to your gm team about making exceptions. 

14 hours ago, eESTlane said:

this is utter bs.

you are forcing people to join large tribes on pvp as otherwise they'd be annihilated. your fault for not limiting tribe size or cutting down the alliance numbers. how the heck are we supposed to know if our "teammates" hack when there are so many. without spectator mode, i'd already have reported shroud...still would looking at his pov. and mesh bases...i've personally fought several hackers/meshers and reported them swiftly but the sluggish few weeks/months of detective work on WC side wont get you your gear back. unless you're a big streamer and have your own pocket dev as a fanboy, which most of us dont. besides, it's somewhat impossible to track box-box and 123 players. again, your fault WC.

ffs, there are infinite number of ways to exploit the system. what is sever enough to be reported is beyond me. like, i'd consider bodybags being a serious issue, allowing for no-weight transportation...and everyone does that. i've seen several funny but broken quetzal builds for taming and transporting that can be borderline broken, or not as it was intended for. 

inevitably this game will make people quit. still so broken and you wont be compensated when things  do go south, even with video evidence. i so do hate WC for ruining a game that had so much potential. 

Keep calm and play solo or private server if you hate the way some people are cheating and acting bad. WC can't be the perfect police, it's easier to break rules than to get the people who did this.

Do real police catch all bad people ? no. You can't except a video game company like WC to check everything all the time in a game with so much possibilities ! That's the deal if you want to play with strangers, accept it or play solo/private. 

You can't put the fault on WC because people are using their game the bad way. You want them to act like FBI and then do nothing else than game police (no updates or content) because they are to busy catching all disrespectful people ? 

The problem isn't WC, the problem comes from PLAYERS, so be angry at them and avoid them or take revenge on them, not on WC. 

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Hey dude! Thanks! As arrogant as I may sound, I really like that you are responding a lot more (at least today). Thanks for the active responding.

58 minutes ago, Torja said:

My only real problem is the platform bits. If making a taming box on the ground is okay but making one on a quetz or boat isn't then what is the point on PVE? I'd prefer a quetz box or a taming raft to spawn blocking locked taming sheds all over the redwoods. It's a workaround that players have HAD to do because they can't just grab dinos and tame them safely like in PVP. so it's either make a taming boat, make a permanent installation in the area, or spam spike walls which usually get left there. so they either make a mess, get reported or have their tame ruined by carnivores or pegos

the number one complaint i hear on officials from new players is that there's nowhere to build. on my AB server the river is pillared to hell and full of karkinos traps. The only way i can keep an angler penned or a diplocaulus is to make a raft pen. 

I've seen some broken builds, don't get me wrong, but i'd rather not have the ocean spammed with gate traps or the redwoods full of pit traps. quetzals have been nerfed so hard lately and the argie update sealed the deal. quetzal is outclassed as a gathering mount, mobile base, and a seige dino. so what is even the purpose anymore?

and as far as protecting dinos from damage, fix karkinos taming then. one of the most common taming methods for new AB tribes (once again due to giant kark traps all over) is a paracer with a barrier. but according to new guidelines that's ban worthy now? i seriously hope you explain to your gm team about making exceptions. 

You miss interpreted what they said they’re talkin about placing a box to enclose the quetz and other platform tames so they can’t be damaged while raiding taming traps are fine 

Great to hear you are cracking down on the cheating, I agree with most of it apart from this:

unintended building mechanics in order to achieve floating structures, or building a box around your quetzal (or other platform creatures) to protect it from taking damage

This is under the heading "High Severity", surely the player needs a warning before implementing the consequences? 99% of players will not read this post, how are they supposed to know what they are and aren't allowed to build? I've had an idea to build a low cost defensive wall out of "floating" fence foundations (see attached image), would this be classed as cheating? Where do you draw the line? And as for boxing around quetzals, surely you can find an easy fix for that? Allow turret bullets to just pass through platform saddle structures perhaps?

DPRbXJHXcAA_rCm.thumb.jpg.60800733b3ba5704b4a795d813b9bd95.jpg