Reaper maturation length change?

Revan25

4 minutes ago, Revan25 said:

A few people on my server from different tribes, I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything on it myself so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

They are trolling you man, is like when someone new goes on global chat asking "Is this a friendly server?" or the ol "Is this server capped?" Don't listen to gossip, all WC do or plans to do is here in forum or twitter written by them.

In all honesty, getting the number of glands enough for Reaper King baby to avoid attacking you (because they lose hunger when they do so) or even hold enough meat to make them survive long enough for 7+hrs is annoying enough. If the rumors are true, its utterly impossible to raise a Reaper King. Thank god there are no supporting claims on this lies.

Just don't believe what they say unless they provide evidence.

Guest chancho33015
They are stronger than rex i think, my tribemate has one with 25k hp after imprint, without leveling, is just incredible
Put a light pet next to it is as strong as a dodo xD #kryptonite
Also, rex has saddle...so with good saddle leaves that reaper on the dust.
Let's be honest... for about a week of breeding is pretty weak. Not powerful...also...not a specific utility. Obviously, other than being the rex of aberration.

14 hours ago, Vaculity said:

In all honesty, getting the number of glands enough for Reaper King baby to avoid attacking you (because they lose hunger when they do so) or even hold enough meat to make them survive long enough for 7+hrs is annoying enough. If the rumors are true, its utterly impossible to raise a Reaper King. Thank god there are no supporting claims on this lies.

Just don't believe what they say unless they provide evidence.

Take your reaper gland 4min 30 sec before birth, load yourself with meat. When baby pops don't heal yourself.

Reaper will kill you once the gland wears off and it will take all your meat. You shouldn't need to feed it for the whole baby phase after that.

5 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Let's be honest... for about a week of breeding is pretty weak. Not powerful...also...not a specific utility. Obviously, other than being the rex of aberration.

When not affected by light the reaper has 90% dmg reduction. That's the same value as an excellent saddle. 

Theyalso have more base dmg then rexes, 75 for reapers and 62 for rexes.

3 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Take your reaper gland 4min 30 sec before birth, load yourself with meat. When baby pops don't heal yourself.

Reaper will kill you once the gland wears off and it will take all your meat. You shouldn't need to feed it for the whole baby phase after that.

I meant as in if the rumors were true, even this would be problematic since you have to constantly kys to make sure its always full of meat.

15 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Wait a minute... What if I have a pet on my shoulder and I'm riding a reaper? Does that still make it suck? If so, what stats get nerfed? 

14 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I meant as in if the rumors were true, even this would be problematic since you have to constantly kys to make sure its always full of meat.

200 pounds of raw meat lasts over 8 hours in it. So youd have to do it only a couple times.

@chancho33015 Reapers are NOT weak even with a charge light. You can take on 3 reaper queens no problem with it on. They do a really good amount of damage too.

@Lancelot Tamed reapers have a 70% damage reduction, not 90%, sadly

Well if you have a good imprint that would make it a 100% dmg reduction.

What I really hate is how they changed the reaper tail spit from a spreading shotgun pattern to make them all come together the further out they travel. Yea it was a little too easy to land a shot on a flier but now it’s almost impossible 

23 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

You apparently don't have a reaper, because you're very wrong.  Reapers are debuffed by charge light, yes, but it doesn't make them weak.  It does 2 things:  removes the natural 70% damage reduction they have and drops their regen to normal regen of other dinos.

Without charge light, reapers will take down any tamed dino, period.  With charge light, the more serious carnivores with decent saddles will take down a reaper.  The charge light source is the achilles' heel, yes.  If you're talking PvE, simply turn off your charge light if you need to.  If you're talking PvP, have a tribemate there on a drake with a rifle.  Your tribemate knocks out the rider w/ charge light pet while you run in and 1-shot bite the charge light pet's head off.  Problem solved.

To give you an example of how you're wrong, a rock drake requires a very good stat roll and a high armor (50+ ) saddle to solo farm reaper queens.  My drake I use has a 76.5 armor saddle, 10k health, and is around 650% melee.  (I get more mileage out of melee levels than health levels.)  That drake can take down 1 reaper queen without worry, but 2 is absolutely not going to happen.  On my reaper, I have taken on 4 queens simultaneously and didn't drop below half health.  I use charge light when fighting queens whether on a reaper or a drake.  The key difference:  Reapers do a metric ton more damage over time.  My reaper is encroaching upon 800% melee with a 97.5 base for me and 75 base for anyone else.  They also attack significantly faster (the same rate as a rex).  My drake with about 650% damage is only 78 base for me and 60 base for anyone else.  That's ~275 more damage per bite at a faster rate of bites in favor of the reaper.  Alongside that, while I'm taking more damage per bite from the enemy, I also am sitting on 26k health without putting a single level into health.  While my drake takes about the same damage as my reaper without charge light due to the good saddle, my reaper has plenty of HP to make up the difference.

3 minutes ago, z0mbiebabykiller said:

What I really hate is how they changed the reaper tail spit from a spreading shotgun pattern to make them all come together the further out they travel. Yea it was a little too easy to land a shot on a flier but now it’s almost impossible 

That's not how imprint works with the natural reduction.  They're not additive, they're multiplicative.  Essentially bro-fist takes the reduction down by 30% of what's left after the natural reduction, so it becomes 80% reduction.

Personally,  I'd be fine w/ the change they made to the tail shot if they would just make it actually travel remotely close to the direction I have pointed my crosshairs.... As it is, there's about a 10% chance that it'll go where I'm aiming, but it's likely just going to travel to the ground 3 ft in front of me instead.

3 minutes ago, z0mbiebabykiller said:

Damage reduction is a multiplier not an added value.

0.3x0.7=0.21 of damage taken

Reapers out of charge light take 79% less damage if imprinted.

@banggugyangu I think it has something to.do with server lag. When I started getting reapers, the server was crowded and aiming didnt work. Now its abandoned and it works as intended

Nah,  I have had the same problem on private servers too.  In its original state, occasionally you'd have one go off in the wrong direction, but typically it went about where you were aiming.  As soon as they changed the grouping, it suddenly started ignoring aiming altogether the majority of the time.  I personally like the tighter grouping, myself, but I hate the fact that it takes upwards of 6 shots before one goes the direction you're aiming.

Archived