Currency?

Sancudo

Best thing in my opinion is to charge whatever you need most of. Usually for me that would be CP, Ingots, or Polymer. Just charge what you feel it's worth, but for someone to take the deal it has to be reasonable. Also talk to them and see what they have an abundance of, they are more likely to trade that. GL with the trade

57 minutes ago, Sancudo said:

Anyone wanna share specific examples of trades you’ve made?

I used to be on the trade scene when crossark came out, at that time (pve anyways) before tek became redily available people traded in premade metal structures, forges, cookers, grinders, mass amounts of kibble, eggs and most importantly other dinos.

Most trades are trading one dino egg for another (fertilized) 

Some trades i made for an example you wanted.. When chalico first came out I was breeding them and selling good level males for premade indy forge each, or a behemoth gate set. Were talking over a year ago, things have changed a lot. Theres no longer new releases (which I admit I totally exploited to my advantage) My tribemates were tamers and breeders, they craved the new dinos and saved up / planned weeks before to get them, thus I had a good fast supply and an undersaturated market. 

Your question is really different PvE vs PvP. PvP you can expect to trade 1k bullets for a decent mid level tame. PvE you might be expected to trade say, 2k ingots. 

20 hours ago, Sancudo said:

What currency would you accept for a tame? Say mid size tribe, mid game-ish? Would u take ingot or gunpowder for a high lvl pteranodon?

It's all situational and best asked on your own server(s).
The definition of a high level tame is also relative (pre-tame values could all be virtually worthless).

Edit: back when I played mod DayZ, we had Trade Fairs when everyone on the server agreed to meet (and a tribe with high reputation hosted it ensuring the peace).

38 minutes ago, RabbitRidge said:
It's all situational and best asked on your own server(s).
The definition of a high level tame is also relative (pre-tame values could all be virtually worthless).

Edit: back when I played mod DayZ, we had Trade Fairs when everyone on the server agreed to meet (and a tribe with high reputation hosted it ensuring the peace).

Trade fairs...me likes!

8 hours ago, RabbitRidge said:
back when I played mod DayZ, we had Trade Fairs when everyone on the server agreed to meet (and a tribe with high reputation hosted it ensuring the peace).

That sounds pretty awesome, would love to see that on here, if a server was friendly enough I could see it happening with a 'marketplace' being built somewhere safe and hosted by a tribe. It would be useful for solo players to get some harder to reach/camped resources.

I'm going to try reach out to my server tonight/tomorrow to try do some trades, I've been invisible for 2 weeks building a secure base, so not sure how it will go down!

20 hours ago, Esquire1980 said:

An economy is about the only thing lacking in this game.

What? Holy Raptor man, do you even play?

Among others DEF Currency: a common article for bartering, circulation as a medium of exchange

This game has more currency than any major country in the world does.

I can not think of a single resource that I have not seen used for a currency in the game.

Pelt at one time was used as a currency in North America and other countries.

6 hours ago, Palenor said:

What? Holy Raptor man, do you even play?

Among others DEF Currency: a common article for bartering, circulation as a medium of exchange

This game has more currency than any major country in the world does.

I can not think of a single resource that I have not seen used for a currency in the game.

Pelt at one time was used as a currency in North America and other countries.

Resources are not currency.  Let me explain why resources do not work.

I have my own cluster.  I have set up my cluster like a MMORPG being that difficulty on all facets of the game increases via maps/servers within the cluster.   My players, and I, felt that resources and difficulty were too hard to come by for new, starting, players so I have changed the amount of resources per hit, the amount of resources taken before the plant/rock/etc disappears, shorter time to come back, etc etc etc and WC has given me the ability to do so in their options.  If you played on our starting server, you would call it at the least, "EASY".  As the maps progress, all of these settings increase in difficulty to even X10 of official servers so this isn't just instant gratification but giving new players a chance to catch up with everyone else on the cluster.  I have also increased the stack size, increased the amount of weight given per point by a boat-load (never did really like weight restriction in games), and if someone on my server put up a stack of 5K bars, someone else on another servers couldn't even carry it home.  (This does take care of the gripe I see here a lot of blue gear takes more that I can place in weight so I can't even craft the item).

So let's say I add or make a mod that makes resources as currency to trade between servers.  Now, you have a flooded economy, on all servers, and ev1 would hit my Island server, get their resources "EASY" and then flood other servers with my "EASY" resources.  I doubt you'd like that too well at all.  That piece of flak you pay 1000 bars for would end up being 100,000 bars with other servers having 1 as their resourcing stat and unable to compete.   I seen this inflation personally back in SWG as the years went by and credits became more and more available in the game.

What WC needs to do here to make an actual economy, is to do what some modders have done already.  Put in a currency, put in a vendor system, put in a bazaar, and a vendor search.  That would make a economy outside of resource settings.  I would think that this might be even an EASY development fix as modders have done most of the work for them already.  

Just because players have invented a resource economy doesn't mean the game still doesn't require an actual economy.  

PC Unofficial Servers can use the HuntersBounty Mod i have used it and i liked it, "Bounty" as currency, you can also sell/buy argy talons, vertebrae etc.

Theres a whole section in the forums for trading.. It would seem that lots of people on Officials have no issues using resources as currency. Someone always needs Something be it for crafting or rarety and that creates worth. So no, a Currency isnt needed.. Its already there.. Players create the economy and the currency that will be used.. 

As a solution to you FLOODING issue.. Use multiple mods. One currency mod per server. Cant transfer a currency to another server that doesnt have the same mod installed. 

At the core its supposed to be a survival game, to grind, and build your own stuff.. not a rpc game where you can gather coins and go buy what you need at the nearest vendor.. Thats what mods are for and the Modders have done it, but its not what WCs idea of the game is about.

I don't know how anyone knows exactly what WC intended unless part of the Implementation Team, but I can say all politics and economies are ultimately locally based (if anyone has a need that can be fulfilled at a reasonable price considering their inventory, it's a good deal). Even Walmart charges non-advertised different prices based on demographics in different locations throughout a single city.

Yes, a Global economy is not really feasible but I don't think that was the original subject.

Edited for clarity.

Recent trades I made on PvE

Full grown  and raised Quetzal, 9996 hp, 2400 stam, 1648 hatch weight. 6k advanced rifle bullets, I've also traded them for full sets of Ragnarok artifacts, 2k shotgun ammo, 2k tranq darts (all valued around 12k ings to my conversions)

Full grown and raised mute yellow yuty, 9k hp, 2054 stam, 349 melee at hatch. Currently 31k hp, 4100 stamina, 404 melee. 12k ing

I usually just farm my own ing as metal is everywhere and easy. In the case of PvP I'd probably ask for advanced rifle ammo or turrets and price it depending on other similarly statted Ptera's, in your case, and maybe cut a little off to be more appealing and gain a repeat customer. 

Archived