What did you do for your community this week?

HaleTech

What did you guys do this week in ark for your community!? I always love hearing the good deeds that people have done to benefit a server in a positive manner it truely inspires me!

i set up 3 Rockwell runs for everyone in the community to attend free of charge and on separate times and days to help fit everyone in. I have never seen a community come together and talk freely about the game and joke around it was a huge success!

tell me about your stories I want to be inspired to do another something for the community!

Been hosting alpha manticore for the server where people only have to come with their character and I provide all dino's and what not.

Helped several people free their rex's from under the map since they didn't want to wait 1.5 month for a GM to reply

been working on a secret cross server event which is a buttload of work but it will be worth it in the end. 

Did a promo last weekend on the eggs I have for sale with 50% discount on the 2nd egg for the more newer players

Have a "SALE" tab in my trading post which contains high level stuff for cheap, mainly targetted at newer players that need to get set up

Gave away a few wyverns and dino's to people who lost their wyverns/dino's due to lagg/glitches/bugs or just unfortunate timing

This is a neat Thread topic.

I play Single Player now because I found PvP too toxic, and no space on PvE servers. So I am all about only helping myself, since it is only me.

But I do remember back on PvE, just starting out. I was on the Island, and a person came flying in on Wyvern (scared the crap out out of me! I didn't know about dino transfers then)

Well, I didn't have a mic, and this was my first spawn in on PvE, so I forgot that it was not PvP. I was sure that this person was there to destroy me. But suddenly he was dropping packages at my feet. Chitin Armor, Miner's helmet, Tranq arrows, and jerky. I didn't know protocol, and so I dropped all my sparkpowder I had just made in return.  The person took one of them, and then flew away. About an hour later they came back and gave me a crossbow and some more supplies. I spammed the thank you and continued making my base. By the end of that session, I had a fenced/walled in base, plus a trike, parasaur, two raptors and dome dodos.

I logged back in the next day, and everything was gone. I have now clue how that happened, since it was PvE. But that broke my spirit. I bounced around a few other PvE servers, but within two weeks I had switched to Single Player mode, and have never gone back.

These days like Ashegun im also on SP / unofficial. Back on my official days I was the guy in our tribe who helped new people. Back when 80 was a high level, I would craft quetz platforms for noobs and even have a quetz i would gift to small tribes to use to catch their own. Ah the good ole days of quetz traps

I had a spot in my base when alliances first came out on The Center where new tribes would ally with me (I was solo at the time) and they could use my cooker, forge, extra fridges, AC etc. I would also randomly unclaim pteras (150 ptera were sooo easy to come across) into random noob bases filled with ramshackle / apprentice gear. 

Im a big believer in community, when I played unofficial I always built community forge areaa, workshops and egg farms (despite not being an admin) I just rented a server again, if I wasnt playing solo i would have a comminity area. I miss old PvE with community volcano forges. The first console Vday event ruined officials with increased breed times. They should have kept all 1x rates. Official is too easy now.

Didn't play much this weekend.  I did notice a new player/neighbor was sick.  He is a survivor, in that he has not asked for any help, and sometimes refuses help when offered.  I like players like that and am more apt to offer help.  I went and collected some leech blood and made him some antidote, which he was glad to get.  Other than that I pretty much just fed my dinos and collected a little metal.

Great idea for a thread. Like a few others here am mostly SP/unofficial now so dont do as much now there, but used to do alot on official PvE back in the days of legacy. Loved the community feel of the server, one of my favourite things about the game. People helping each other out for what ever reason and banding together to get stuff done. If someone needed that random imprint kibble someone usual had it and helped out. 

Used to love helping folks out, despite usually prefering to keep to myself. If someone new joined the server, I would hitch them up with metal tools and some armour I scavenged from the many alpha raptor kills. If someone DC'd I would drop everything to go help them back to their flyer. Helped folks out craft higher level engrams if they were too low. Titan problems, I would break  out the giga etc etc.

Now I am just unofficial on my nitrado server with some friends, so not much really happens. I did however make up a big community jousting/colosium area for all our enjoyment about a week ago. Did do that using admin commands as the server owner so not sure if that counts, but still took ages to construct. Not sure if its been used yet. 

Archived