Character Upload problem for Dedicated server

I am currently running aberration as a dedicated server on my computer (Windows 10 cross play version) and play on my xbox. However I want to move to Ragnarok and want to upload my character and some of my creatures. Now when i go to the beacons or even the obelisks I have no session in my cluster thus I cant upload my character. I have some bred dinos that have the imprint buff on them and I really don't want to lose that nor them nor do I feel like going to Ragnarok and just starting from scratch.

So how do I upload my character without seeing any other servers in my cluster. If not possible how do I get my computer to see other servers.Also is the upload character button going to be put back in?

I have looked around and found no real answers to this issue or the info was dated to sometime last year and I am looking for some current information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest DJRone89
On 16/04/2018 at 2:28 AM, HyperionOmega said:

I am currently running aberration as a dedicated server on my computer (Windows 10 cross play version) and play on my xbox. However I want to move to Ragnarok and want to upload my character and some of my creatures. Now when i go to the beacons or even the obelisks I have no session in my cluster thus I cant upload my character. I have some bred dinos that have the imprint buff on them and I really don't want to lose that nor them nor do I feel like going to Ragnarok and just starting from scratch.

So how do I upload my character without seeing any other servers in my cluster. If not possible how do I get my computer to see other servers.Also is the upload character button going to be put back in?

I have looked around and found no real answers to this issue or the info was dated to sometime last year and I am looking for some current information.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can’t cluster player dedicated servers on Windows 10 or console.

You used to be able to upload data to an obelisk on a map, switch maps, then  download the data on the new map (same server) but it’s been broken for about a year.

Thank you for the reply I was beginning to doubt any information coming my way at all. So your saying only Nitrado, Steam and of course Official servers are able to cluster this makes me think the upload character button/process isn't broken so much as its being withheld.

Anyways I found a solution to my problem to anyone that wants to transfer characters on Windows 10 dedicated servers. First off before you try this load up the map you want to move to on the dedicated server this creates a save folder in the new map.

1. If you look in the folder where Windows 10 installs ARK ("User name"/appdata/local/packages/studiowildcard(string of number)/localstate/saved/maps)

2. In the maps folder in the map you are playing on are a set of files with a .arkprofile file extension. These are your character saves for the map. You can open them with notepad and look around to find out which file belongs to who.

3. When you find the file of the characters you want copy it and then go to the new map folder (the save folder of the map you want to go to) and paste it in there and Voila!

Your character is now in the new map and better yet you have a copy in the other ark as well that can send dinos back and forth to each other and Imprint buffs work across both characters (I tested it on a Raptor). Now it is important to note I only took the .arkprofile file over and didn't mess with the tribe profile files. When you join the server you will be at the spawn screen just click to spawn where you want and you will re spawn as your character.

If you want to maintain the illusion of moving characters over you can delete the .arkprofile and the .profilebak in the old map save folder and if you want to go back or update your original just copy and paste to the folders and your characters should be updated.

Hope this helps anyone else.

• 11 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 9:35 AM, HyperionOmega said:

Thank you for the reply I was beginning to doubt any information coming my way at all. So your saying only Nitrado, Steam and of course Official servers are able to cluster this makes me think the upload character button/process isn't broken so much as its being withheld.

Anyways I found a solution to my problem to anyone that wants to transfer characters on Windows 10 dedicated servers. First off before you try this load up the map you want to move to on the dedicated server this creates a save folder in the new map.

1. If you look in the folder where Windows 10 installs ARK ("User name"/appdata/local/packages/studiowildcard(string of number)/localstate/saved/maps)

2. In the maps folder in the map you are playing on are a set of files with a .arkprofile file extension. These are your character saves for the map. You can open them with notepad and look around to find out which file belongs to who.

3. When you find the file of the characters you want copy it and then go to the new map folder (the save folder of the map you want to go to) and paste it in there and Voila!

Your character is now in the new map and better yet you have a copy in the other ark as well that can send dinos back and forth to each other and Imprint buffs work across both characters (I tested it on a Raptor). Now it is important to note I only took the .arkprofile file over and didn't mess with the tribe profile files. When you join the server you will be at the spawn screen just click to spawn where you want and you will re spawn as your character.

If you want to maintain the illusion of moving characters over you can delete the .arkprofile and the .profilebak in the old map save folder and if you want to go back or update your original just copy and paste to the folders and your characters should be updated.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Hi, that sounds awesome!

Sorry to Necromunda but you seem to be the only one who knows how to do this after multiple thread searches. How do you transfer dinos? Is there a save file with the Dino’s or do we use obelisks in game? I don’t see the upload Dino option anymore.

Im on a dedicated windows 10 crossplay server.

Archived