Purlovia dismounted me from drake

davidcostarica

This was 24 hours ago, happened on rad zone, did they enabled this with the raptor dismount too?

I got dismounted from drake by a raptor on green but he did it on self defense so i am not blaming the raptor.

The purlovia just dismounted me without any provocation while walking on the drake on top of his underground hideout.

Kinda unsure about the precise question here. I think purlovia have always had the ability to dismount players off of drakes even though they dont aggro onto them?

Cant be inline with the raptor update as it hasnt hit console yet and I have had it happen to me. Purlovia dont seem to aggro onto rock drakes but I have had them dismount me of my drake if I aggro the burried purlovia through attacking a nearby wild purlovia. Never had them do it unagrroed though. Purlovia dont take trample damage when burried do they ? 

the worst that happened to me was a combo with Purlovia and Arthropluera while i was in radioactive zone with a megalo. I felt like i was in world of warcraft for a moment, Purlovia did the CC than the pulera exploded my armor exposing me to radioactivity. it was an interesting experience but my shinehorn did not appreciated that. Rip Chitin your sacrifice will not be forgiven (that was the name of the shinehorn, i was stocking chitin into)

1 hour ago, Malko said:

the worst that happened to me was a combo with Purlovia and Arthropluera while i was in radioactive zone with a megalo. I felt like i was in world of warcraft for a moment, Purlovia did the CC than the pulera exploded my armor exposing me to radioactivity. it was an interesting experience but my shinehorn did not appreciated that. Rip Chitin your sacrifice will not be forgiven (that was the name of the shinehorn, i was stocking chitin into)

C-c-c-ombo breaker!

the constant dismounting just makes me not want to ride ground dinos anymore. always having to worry about purlovia and kapros. which sucks because ground dinos are fun. but worrying about that all the time isnt worth it. they should have some sort of warning sound or something you can hear when you get close. kinda like the witch on left for dead.

3 hours ago, BIZMOxFUNYUNZ said:

the constant dismounting just makes me not want to ride ground dinos anymore. always having to worry about purlovia and kapros. which sucks because ground dinos are fun. but worrying about that all the time isnt worth it. they should have some sort of warning sound or something you can hear when you get close. kinda like the witch on left for dead.

Saddle harness! Attaches to boots or legs (hands?) Itll save you from say 3 dismountable attacks

Kapros are the worst, mark dh is right , that time i had my tribemate on my back was taking him to his drake in rad, good thing is i dont know how i killed her with the pike, she only KO me once. as for raptors, well i am still being pounced of my drake every day since patch lol, cant seem to stay away from my favorite prey. Always survive with whistle command.

Last night on RAG, I was flying nearly at treetop level near the OB and I saw a Purlovia explode out of the ground and knock me off my Argy. I was shocked that it can jump so high. I have never seen one jump up that far before. Luckily, I had a level 150 Argy, who shredded the Purlovia before I died. But it was scary for sure.  

I know I'm not answering your question, but just chiming in that the Purlovia seem more dangerous than before in my eyes. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/15/2018 at 5:54 PM, Malko said:

Lol, this same thing happened to me. Pulera and all. Lost my first drake this way 

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, davidcostarica said:

This was 24 hours ago, happened on rad zone, did they enabled this with the raptor dismount too?

I got dismounted from drake by a raptor on green but he did it on self defense so i am not blaming the raptor.

The purlovia just dismounted me without any provocation while walking on the drake on top of his underground hideout.

If the Purlovia is in a with another then 1 will bury and 1 will stay above ground. If the one above ground is killed or runs off then the one under ground becomes a trap that springs when you get close. Happened to me when I was taming a couple. So I tested it to be sure and happened every times

29 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

If the Purlovia is in a with another then 1 will bury and 1 will stay above ground. If the one above ground is killed or runs off then the one under ground becomes a trap that springs when you get close. Happened to me when I was taming a couple. So I tested it to be sure and happened every times

They always spring. Wether there is an other one or not. But only if you somehow get close enough and you are eligible for aggro (i.e: not riding a Giga) 

2 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

They always spring. Wether there is an other one or not. But only if you somehow get close enough and you are eligible for aggro (i.e: not riding a Giga) 

Not necessarily. I've been down in the pink and only have had them spring when another one wasn't in proximity or if the other one aggros to you

Just now, AzDaemon said:

Not necessarily. I've been down in the pink and only have had them spring when another one wasn't in proximity or if the other one aggros to you

You can walk over them on a drake and they mostly ignore you even if it's alone unless something tasty is around, the moment you dismount, it will spring on you, try, it's fun. 

Archived