Are all bosses soloable?

Grandta

7 minutes ago, badhacker74 said:

I’m not talking about one server, talking about all official...

Currently nobody on officials has higher than 560 melee despite having multiple servers and multiple breeders doing exactly what you mentioned...I’m not saying that your number is not possible, just that in the current state of official servers nobody has accomplished this yet due to the rates on officials.

I say someone in a mega tribe thats been established a while has done it.  The majority of players dont have an account on the forums, its hard to believe with how people are that some geek hasnt done it yet.  That said id give that dude a hand shack cause he earned a trophy for that 1.  There are lvl 449 dinos and you know theres got to be at least a few on official.  Thats way more then just 20 mutations.  Those things are probably born at 1000%dmg.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Maybe everyone on your server pollutes lines because they dont understand the concept or use enough females to increase the speed.  Maybe you guys used sucky bass parents, most players pay attention to lvl , not the stats of a wild dino and most dinos are trash, even the higher lvls.  Knowing where to hunt is also important, for rexes the best place is the center lava biome.  Tame a kangaroo to speed maturation up.  Its possible and doable.

Yeah youre not going to find those stats on official. Even just your 'small boost to breeding and maturation' makes it dozens of times faster, with admin commands of course you have 51/50 in stats. I also play unofficial theae days but spent the first 1.5yr of ark on officials.

You can knock out every rex for a month straight and chances of finding an upgrade to even the current  new gen stats are next to impossible. 

In fact, the only reason the melee was so high on legacy was because an admin messed up and spawned a rex and a giga in for someone, at level 300 pretamed. It was diluted and stats extracted to the current legacy line. So even with admin help on official, in over a year of breeding the whole population of ark only managed to squeeze out the stats that were given earlier. (Which are damn good!) Not even close to 655 melee

15 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I say someone in a mega tribe thats been established a while has done it.  The majority of players dont have an account on the forums, its hard to believe with how people are that some geek hasnt done it yet.  That said id give that dude a hand shack cause he earned a trophy for that 1.  There are lvl 449 dinos and you know theres got to be at least a few on official.  Thats way more then just 20 mutations.  Those things are probably born at 1000%dmg.

There is a few 449 lines, they get bred with low levels to bring their total level down. Nowhere near 1000 or even 700 on those level 449 though. 

46 minutes ago, d1nk said:

There is a few 449 lines, they get bred with low levels to bring their total level down. Nowhere near 1000 or even 700 on those level 449 though. 

Those 449s have their oxy and movespeed reduced, they increase the hp and dmg.  The majority of the 448 lvls the 449s have are hp and melee.  Thats why they created them.  The 1st step when breeding a super dino is to mate the good basd baby with a low lvl to eliminate all worthless stats.  That means all the points besides a few in stam, food, and weight are hp and dmg.  Lets say 48 is used for the eh stats, thats 200 a piece for dmg and hp 200x5 is 1000, add bonus makes it 1007, multiply bonus makes it 1184.2%.

48 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yeah youre not going to find those stats on official. Even just your 'small boost to breeding and maturation' makes it dozens of times faster, with admin commands of course you have 51/50 in stats. I also play unofficial theae days but spent the first 1.5yr of ark on officials.

You can knock out every rex for a month straight and chances of finding an upgrade to even the current  new gen stats are next to impossible. 

In fact, the only reason the melee was so high on legacy was because an admin messed up and spawned a rex and a giga in for someone, at level 300 pretamed. It was diluted and stats extracted to the current legacy line. So even with admin help on official, in over a year of breeding the whole population of ark only managed to squeeze out the stats that were given earlier. (Which are damn good!) Not even close to 655 melee

You can take your accusition of me cheating(which offends me highly), i spent days finding these 2 rexes and they are legit, with your username and shove it up your hindend

On 4/16/2018 at 8:16 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Those 449s have their oxy and movespeed reduced, they increase the hp and dmg.  The majority of the 448 lvls the 449s have are hp and melee.  Thats why they created them.  The 1st step when breeding a super dino is to mate the good basd baby with a low lvl to eliminate all worthless stats.  That means all the points besides a few in stam, food, and weight are hp and dmg.  Lets say 48 is used for the eh stats, thats 200 a piece for dmg and hp 200x5 is 1000, add bonus makes it 1007, multiply bonus makes it 1184.2%.

1000 melee base rex is 150 pts, start with 50 pts means you need 75 mutations to reach 150pts/1000 melee.

75 time you have to raise the rex, thats 300 days just raising. new servers dont exist for 300 days yet. even with raising events.

what are you doing ?

edit: oops made a small calculation error :P , i should not post when tired. but still claiming that high super dino stats exist or must exist because it is "possible" is ridiculous and the thinking is way to far up in the clouds.

20 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

1000 melee base rex is 150 pts, start with 50 pts means you need 75 mutations to reach 150pts/1000 melee.

75 time you have to raise the rex, thats 300 days just raising. new servers dont exist for 300 days yet. even with raising events.

what are you doing ?

200points x 5% the value of each point is 1000%.  In my last post i forget the rex starts at 100 so its 100+1000 for a super rex which probably existed at 1 time on a legacy since breedings been around how long now?  1107%x1.176=1301.3% would be easily possible for a super bred 449 rex.  As for time restraints thats a different argument then my point i was making.  Also your numbers are wrong for hatch you need 149 points in dmg.  Starting at 50, so 149-50=99.  Mutations are worth 2 lvls, only 50 are need to make 100, 50x2=100.  And thats all without imprint.  Imprint is a 25% boost right so all you need to hit 1000% is 800 % without domestic lvls.  125 points needed for that, 38 mutations.  38x2=76 76+50base=126

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You get used to those 3 lines and what you gonna do when its overseer time?  You need 1 team capable of handling all three bosses in a gauntlet match.  The overseers BM form doesnt receive the megatherium bonus dmg either.  Before anyone says we arnt counting him, the title is are ALL bosses soloable.  Considering hes the reason to kill the other 3 since tek mostly sucks, ascension is the real purpose for these fights.

Well, you already have the rex line for the Ape, and last time I did the Overseer I used a 50/50 mix of rexes & theras with a yuti for buff - I still believe it's worth having the megatheriums for brood as they make the fight as easy as ape - and with good rexes ape is trivial, even at alpha.

Indeed, if I were to pick 1 creature to breed for bosses, it would be theras, not rexes, with the cake heal & their high DPS they've better at it than rexes - for any of the bosses, including the overseer

8 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Well, you already have the rex line for the Ape, and last time I did the Overseer I used a 50/50 mix of rexes & theras with a yuti for buff - I still believe it's worth having the megatheriums for brood as they make the fight as easy as ape - and with good rexes ape is trivial, even at alpha.

Indeed, if I were to pick 1 creature to breed for bosses, it would be theras, not rexes, with the cake heal & their high DPS they've better at it than rexes - for any of the bosses, including the overseer

Just in case your 1 of "those guys" the theriz doesnt hit twice per attack.  It does when you gather but not in combat, theres a thread about this point.

I'm perfectly aware of that, I've used both rex packs and thera packs for boss fights - have been in one of the mega tribes for a while, and we only use rexes for ape now as the megas & theras are far more efficient for the other fights. Overseer is a mix of Theras & Rexes, Rockwell is pure rock drakes for a group, not done Rockwell solo, have done all the other bosses at alpha solo with both rexes and theras - lose less theras even with lower stats thanks to the cake heal - every thera starts the fight with 6 stacks of cake - usually most come out with 4 left.

2 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

I'm perfectly aware of that, I've used both rex packs and thera packs for boss fights - have been in one of the mega tribes for a while, and we only use rexes for ape now as the megas & theras are far more efficient for the other fights. Overseer is a mix of Theras & Rexes, Rockwell is pure rock drakes for a group, not done Rockwell solo, have done all the other bosses at alpha solo with both rexes and theras - lose less theras even with lower stats thanks to the cake heal - every thera starts the fight with 6 stacks of cake - usually most come out with 4 left.

I agree due to the cheap cake technic theriz are better for bosses, but since theres no double hit, the theriz hit about as often as a rex, and the rex has higher base dmg, id say the dps favors rex, or is very close.  This was only meant as a critique to your dps, i fully agree with your basic idea.

15 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

So what would you recommend for manticore? Rexes or lightning wyverns? 

Definitely lightning wyverns with special attack turned on.  They shred him and no need to deal with the deathworms and golems really.  I took a bunch of 170+ when born in and shredded him  i lvled them all a bit before the fight tho.  Odd bug hapqened tho, they were all ok, but as soon as we got out Zapper would be out cold from torpor...Every time.  I checked him once before the warp and he wasnt near ko, after warp hes out cold.  Lol

5 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

So 170+ should work then? How many can you take in there at a time? And will they work against alpha manticore?

The standard 20.  I killed the alpha so yes 20 wyverns will shred him.  Manticore is well known as the weakest boss.  Now so we clear, the eggs were all 170 or higher, they were all 100% imprinted and well into the 200s in lvl before i tried it.  I usually prefer a male for my personal boss mount, but astra was hands down my best, a 190 egg :)

8 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

Did you buff their health any or just pure melee? (As in what stats should I have them at a minimun - health and melee)

I had a mixture of of both dmg and health.  Also some in stam, youll need to land regardless tho, aim for the platform for that.  Its been quite a while since ive done it so the exact numbers arnt there.  I did pretty even adding prolky a few more in dmg since it raises slower.  Depending on when your ready to go i could do a test for you to get exact numbers that will work.  I can say people use wyverns all the time for this fight tho.  And avoid landing on the central rock, the top is all but lava and causes the same rapid health decrease like walking thru lava

• 5 months later...

I know I am a bit behind on this but I'm trying to get up to Boss fights on SP without using cheats. Here is what I understand so far (correct me if I'm wrong).

- Hunt high level wild Rexes with at least 10k HP or 350% Dmg.

- Breed stats into one and have separate lines for each mutated stat.

- Repeat process for Megas and Theris.

Some questions I have are throwing me off. First off I think my SP settings are throwing the numbers off. When I enter the stats into the Dododex calculator, the points are different from both what you say 50 points should be and also what my dinos are getting. Next I don't know what would stats are good for the other two dinos since the calculator is off. Any other tips you have that can help?

5 hours ago, Ezrhul said:

I know I am a bit behind on this but I'm trying to get up to Boss fights on SP without using cheats. Here is what I understand so far (correct me if I'm wrong).

- Hunt high level wild Rexes with at least 10k HP or 350% Dmg.

- Breed stats into one and have separate lines for each mutated stat.

- Repeat process for Megas and Theris.

Some questions I have are throwing me off. First off I think my SP settings are throwing the numbers off. When I enter the stats into the Dododex calculator, the points are different from both what you say 50 points should be and also what my dinos are getting. Next I don't know what would stats are good for the other two dinos since the calculator is off. Any other tips you have that can help?

1st id stick with 1 team bcus u can only use 1 wen u fight the overseer.  The overseer versions dnt hv the weaknesses the normal 1s do (megathers dnt do bonus dmg to overseer BM form).  Stick with 1 strong group, rex, spino, or theriz.  Ur 4getn the most important dino, the lone yuty that buffs ur team.  Get the highest yuty u can.  Also id bring a dao with rly hi food.  It heals ur team passively.

As for ur stats, b sure u hvnt monkeyed with the stats in the menu b4 u launch the game.  Hp and dmg are suppose to b dramatically lower thn 1.0 in all 3 tamed sets.  B sure ur singleplayer settings box is unchecked, it boosts almost everything 4 u in da game.  Lastly sum stats get a lil bonus wen a dinos tamed depending on da dino breed.  Rexes get an add bonus of lik 7 added to watevr there supposed to hv after taming.  Example beinb 350% at 50 wild points but it wud b 357% bcus of the add bonus.  On top of that theres a multiply bonus added to rexes dmg, i believe its 14%.  So 357x1.14=406.9.  The multiply bonus is affected by TE tho so if the TE is lik 90%  wen he wakes up u hv to apply the 10% lose to the 14%.  If i help like my post lol

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

1st id stick with 1 team bcus u can only use 1 wen u fight the overseer.  The overseer versions dnt hv the weaknesses the normal 1s do (megathers dnt do bonus dmg to overseer BM form).  Stick with 1 strong group, rex, spino, or theriz.  Ur 4getn the most important dino, the lone yuty that buffs ur team.  Get the highest yuty u can.  Also id bring a dao with rly hi food.  It heals ur team passively.

As for ur stats, b sure u hvnt monkeyed with the stats in the menu b4 u launch the game.  Hp and dmg are suppose to b dramatically lower thn 1.0 in all 3 tamed sets.  B sure ur singleplayer settings box is unchecked, it boosts almost everything 4 u in da game.  Lastly sum stats get a lil bonus wen a dinos tamed depending on da dino breed.  Rexes get an add bonus of lik 7 added to watevr there supposed to hv after taming.  Example beinb 350% at 50 wild points but it wud b 357% bcus of the add bonus.  On top of that theres a multiply bonus added to rexes dmg, i believe its 14%.  So 357x1.14=406.9.  The multiply bonus is affected by TE tho so if the TE is lik 90%  wen he wakes up u hv to apply the 10% lose to the 14%.  If i help like my post lol

Thanks. I’ll redo my settings because I know I changed some. I’ll remember what I have the ones I want changed at. Plus I’ll get a Yuti and a Dao. Do you happen to know what I might be missing with the stat calculator? When I input the hp you mention for recess it’s different (points wise) from what you said.

30 minutes ago, Ezrhul said:

Thanks. I’ll redo my settings because I know I changed some. I’ll remember what I have the ones I want changed at. Plus I’ll get a Yuti and a Dao. Do you happen to know what I might be missing with the stat calculator? When I input the hp you mention for recess it’s different (points wise) from what you said.

Sum creatures also hv an hp bonus, add and/or multiply.  Afaik dododex dsnt hv the bonuses listed to hlp us calculate tho iv only monkeyed with the taming calc, but it does show stat gain.  I use the wiki page for the dino to see its stat bonuses.  The dao gets bonuses to its food stat.  If uk the points u take (the base stat at lvl 1+(evry lvl put in wild stat x the increase per wild lvl)+the add bonus if theres 1) x multiply bonus if theres 1.  Remember TE effects the multiply bonus so 90% tE on a 14% bonus is .9x14=12.6.  so wen calculating it in it b 1.126 x wat ever u hv with lvls, base and add bonus.  Also remember domestic lvls are different thn wild 1s.  If u place a point by xp it is a domestic lvl and follows its own increase system based on wat the dinos stats was after it was tamed.

Archived