Advice for a solo player

nixxy83

Putting it simply my friends left me alone on the server we used yo play as they got bored and moved into a different one for the 8th time.

I am going to use a mindwipe potion but don't know what to put my points on. I like exploring andcraming and breeding dinos.

It's a pve server so no worries there. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

i do roughly the same as you, explore, tame, breed. 

I'd go hp, stamina, and fortitude. 

Then I'd definitely look at a combo of weight and speed. 

Legacy level 100 character;

500 HP, 230 stamina, 360 weight, 28 fortitude, rest speed

Current level 100 character;

500 HP, 190 stamina, 460 weight, 28 fortitude, don't think anything is left over for speed. 

I like high hp and decent stamina since I get hit by wild's while taming often (rarely use traps) and prefer to wear high quality ghillie but it's still lower armor. I also fly very high to try and get over the lag so when I dc that high up, 500 hp usually lets me survive the fall. 

The higher stam helps me to last when running from wild's but also when I am bouncing back and forth between babies hand feeding. 

I went higher weight now to help facilitate building and trades easier, even though I do less of both than I did on legacy xD

With my set ups though dying only really happens due to a game glitch even if I get on the brink occasionally. If you're worried less about building, trades, and farming, I'd recommend my legacy set up.

Movement speed and weight. 

Movement is important so you can outrun predators while exploring on foot, and I find it helps the knockout process go smoother. 

Weight because even if you use dinos to cart materials around the base, you've still got to pick it up, either to transfer it, or craft with it.

Other stats as you choose, I usually buff my health. 

Fortitude is important on Scorched, and helpful on the other maps. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2018 at 4:19 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

i do roughly the same as you, explore, tame, breed. 

I'd go hp, stamina, and fortitude. 

Then I'd definitely look at a combo of weight and speed. 

Legacy level 100 character;

500 HP, 230 stamina, 360 weight, 28 fortitude, rest speed

Current level 100 character;

500 HP, 190 stamina, 460 weight, 28 fortitude, don't think anything is left over for speed. 

I like high hp and decent stamina since I get hit by wild's while taming often (rarely use traps) and prefer to wear high quality ghillie but it's still lower armor. I also fly very high to try and get over the lag so when I dc that high up, 500 hp usually lets me survive the fall. 

The higher stam helps me to last when running from wild's but also when I am bouncing back and forth between babies hand feeding. 

I went higher weight now to help facilitate building and trades easier, even though I do less of both than I did on legacy xD

With my set ups though dying only really happens due to a game glitch even if I get on the brink occasionally. If you're worried less about building, trades, and farming, I'd recommend my legacy set up.

thanks i used your legacy build

1 hour ago, nixxy83 said:

thanks i used your legacy build

I wouldn't copy it stat for stat. I would say that is quite high health pool. If you like building, I would say 340 health is more than sufficient to survive caves and wild dino's with armor. I would put more into weight, just like his current lv 100 character. The 500 health was to survive falls from lag, but do you even have that issue? If not, its a waste of point to so much health. make potions to negate the damage taken, it should be what you're doing in PVE anyways (the potion making part, not the taking damage part). I have health at 300 and i can fall to the point of broken bones but not die, then i just pop a medical brew or 2, they weigh so little.

For stamina, I only pump it to 150. Some of my friends even leave it at 100. Pop an energy brew that takes only 20 azulberry and 2 stimulant to make and you really won't have stamina problems. You are playing PVE after all, you shouldn't really be on foot for long unless you're the type to not like riding dinos or rather go walking in the open for the challenge. The only running i even do is short distances within my base or to an obelisk naked to transfer. Even then, I take the death cuz I'm not rocking any armor anyways and I'm naked, what's there to lose?

I would say pump fortitude a little higher with the extra levels you recover from health and stam, It works wonders when you fly into the desert or icy mountains. Speed is optional and makes running fast but can have minimal returns past 110%.

Weight is the most important in PVE. It helps carrying mats for crafting and building. but I would recommend trying out different builds wit mindwipes and testing what works for you. Your playstyle can only be dictated by you alone, other peoples stats can only be a guideline.

6 hours ago, Kyubikage said:

I wouldn't copy it stat for stat. I would say that is quite high health pool. If you like building, I would say 340 health is more than sufficient to survive caves and wild dino's with armor. I would put more into weight, just like his current lv 100 character. The 500 health was to survive falls from lag, but do you even have that issue? If not, its a waste of point to so much health. make potions to negate the damage taken, it should be what you're doing in PVE anyways (the potion making part, not the taking damage part). I have health at 300 and i can fall to the point of broken bones but not die, then i just pop a medical brew or 2, they weigh so little.

For stamina, I only pump it to 150. Some of my friends even leave it at 100. Pop an energy brew that takes only 20 azulberry and 2 stimulant to make and you really won't have stamina problems. You are playing PVE after all, you shouldn't really be on foot for long unless you're the type to not like riding dinos or rather go walking in the open for the challenge. The only running i even do is short distances within my base or to an obelisk naked to transfer. Even then, I take the death cuz I'm not rocking any armor anyways and I'm naked, what's there to lose?

I would say pump fortitude a little higher with the extra levels you recover from health and stam, It works wonders when you fly into the desert or icy mountains. Speed is optional and makes running fast but can have minimal returns past 110%.

Weight is the most important in PVE. It helps carrying mats for crafting and building. but I would recommend trying out different builds wit mindwipes and testing what works for you. Your playstyle can only be dictated by you alone, other peoples stats can only be a guideline.

thank you for your advice, i will try this and see how things go and alter it if i run into problems to try something new

On 14/04/2018 at 11:45 AM, nixxy83 said:

Putting it simply my friends left me alone on the server we used yo play as they got bored and moved into a different one for the 8th time.

I am going to use a mindwipe potion but don't know what to put my points on. I like exploring andcraming and breeding dinos.

It's a pve server so no worries there. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Hello Friend. Because it is PVE I can give advice, because I play a lot in this mode. I use the following configuration ... HP 400 / STAM 120 / SPEED 12% / FORTITUDE 20. The rest of the points I put in WEIGHT. In PVE you will need a lot of weight to build things.

Archived