Boss Logistics

BURNem

Guys!

For the first time I’ll be able to do some boss runs in the near future. The saddles are crafted, the Dinos are pumped and I’m ready. I’m doing this alone.

What still gives me a bit of a headache is the logistics of this.

How do you transfer your dinos to the obelisk? Several Quetz-Platform runs? Upload to a nearby beacon?

How are you handling the tribute for consecutive runs? Are you flying back to your base to get the stuff for your next run each time?

I’d be glad to get some best practices from you guys! Thanks!

On the Island we have a small hut close to the obi, with beds, some eqipment, and mats to repair our equipment. There's also a vault inside with all the items needed to summon bosses. And a feeding trough for the rexes.

The artifacts got there in a storage box that we placed on a quetz.

Our base is not that far away from green obi, we walked the rexes there and left them close to the obi.

On rag we have a quetz with storage boxes, beds, and a feeding trough. Same contents as the building on the island :) the quetz carries all our saddles, a daedon, and the yuty. Rexes are being uploaded at the transmitter - we flew them across the map for our first run.

On SE we use wyverns, we simply fly to our base to grab the next batch of summon items or repair stuff, it's not very far away.

For multi-run efforts, here is how we do it.

Place a bunch of feeding troughs on your Quetz platform.

Artifacts are placed in one box. Take all gives you what you need for each fight. Tributes are also in another small box.

If you plan on using a pig for between fights, he is carried over on the Quetz. Grab a Giga and use him for meat gathering to fill troughs/pig between fights.

As far as getting your Dinos to the OB, load them up into a beacon and download them at OB is the quickest way to get them there, mind that you will not be able to get them back this way.

After the battle, we whistle follow all and have them all follow Quetz back to base/outpost they are stored at nearby. Nothing is going to mess with a pack of 19 Rexes and a Yutty.

I build a boss barn right near the ob (green on the island and rag) and keep tribute items, dino's, artifacts, armor, ammo all there. So it's just a simple walk to and back when time. I do a small meat run before the fight for each dino and then do a few after the fight for the troughs at the boss barn. 

With regards to official setting servers... teleporter in base and near ob is absolutely the fastest.  Otherwise you have to quetz platform or walk all your dinos over to an ob.  I don't recommend using a supply beacon.  On Xbox at least they bug out a lot and fail to teleport people or instantly kill them.  The tribs are stored on a box on the quetz if doing multiple runs.  If we walked the dinos over, after they are uploaded at the ob and downloaded nearby base.  Much easier to walk the dinos to the ob and upload transport them back than it is to walk them back.  Low HP dinos regen stam really slowly and can be a liability if you run into trouble.

On my unofficial, there's no upload/download timers.  We just upload at a drop by us, download at the ob and then bring em back the same way.  If you were on a PvE server, you could probably get away with just leaving them all standing somewhere close to the ob, with all of them on neutral except for one on passive.  Have all the neutral ones follow the passive one.

Archived