Trading forum rule change

Welcome to the Cross-ARK Trading and Strategizing Forums!

In the strategizing and item/dino trading sections we allow players on our official servers to post their trade offers for items or dinosaurs and provide a medium for the players to strategize raids or targets for our official servers. We want to encourage communication and cross server gameplay however we do have a few rules for these sections so please familiarize yourself with these rules before posting. 

3. Posts must include accurate server information such as server number (server region is also helpful).

Shoudn't this rule be removed or revised?

I was just looking through the rules without a particular reason and this caught my eye. In my time as a trader I think I have seen one post out of hundreds that actually had the server number and region in their trading post, all the other main traders (including myself) don't have this. Main reason for this as you know is the griefing probability of jealous raptors. Same goes for PvP where I don't think it's in your interest to put it out on the forum exactly where you are based with the server number and all. Maybe an idea to revise this rule or remove it completly?

i perform trades on multiple servers because i have been forced to divide my breeding operations due to tame caps.

Server info is to be discussed at the discretion of the buyer and seller after finalizing the trade negotiations.

negotiations of pickup and drop off locations are performed in forum pm and/or steam messages

it is not necessary to publicly display home server info unless you run a open storefront or showroom on that server. 

Just my 0.02

I don't get why this is moved to here, I wasn't sure between general discussion or forum updates/suggestions, but definatly not off-topic chat with other ark players lol...

2 hours ago, Demerus said:

i perform trades on multiple servers because i have been forced to divide my breeding operations due to tame caps.

Server info is to be discussed at the discretion of the buyer and seller after finalizing the trade negotiations.

negotiations of pickup and drop off locations are performed in forum pm and/or steam messages

it is not necessary to publicly display home server info unless you run a open storefront or showroom on that server. 

Just my 0.02

Yeah this is how I do it to atm and how trading in general is, just think its weird to have that rule in there whilst it makes no sense whatsoever, ohh well nothing new, time to let this topic die in off-topic lol

• Chris locked this topic

Archived