tips for solo player on official

cedric0831

Get yourself a taming raft and/or some traps to tame in.  Since you are solo, I would also recommend (and I would recommend this if you weren't solo) putting a bed everywhere you build anything, and name the bed with a meaningful name.  Lastly, try to specialize in something that doesn't exist on the server already.  That way you will make yourself valuable to others on the server quickly.

Hello, 

Tame Rex. Build all structures in one area. Start prepairing for cave dinos, because good blue prints or prepair for  deep oceans and the multiple red crates there.

As you get a really good blueprint you basicly go for that creature.

Good luck and remember to be nice both in pve pvp. Have fun playing ARK.

:)

Regards,

Ariana 

I always build a fully metal raft for alpha hunting. (Dino’s, not players. Yet.) ;) You’ll get a lot of good colored supplies quickly. Then you harvest materials.

Ive always been the trolled guy on official as a solo player. Always tried making friends just to get insided or angering other tribes AKA base wiped. Being best friends with the biggest tribe means nothing if trolls come in and c4 everything while offline. Their offers of getting you back on your feet sounds good until something bad actually happens. 

I decided to make solo an advantage by BEING the troll. It is 100% FUN. Nobody can track or find you, especially on a huge map like Rag. I play PvE for the actual game, and PvP specifically for trolling. Making only explosives and taking everyone’s stuff in 5 minutes is the best feeling ever. 

Turrets and plants require 1 solution. Large storage boxes. 

I play solo on official PVE, and it does take dedication. I have not gone a week without getting on this game in nearly 3 years because doing so would mean I lose all my dinos, you have to be dedicated, have time to commit to hunting to feed your animals, and make sure you pick a good place to build a base, for instance, if you are a person who ends up with a lot of pets you would want to make sure you are within a decent distance from somewhere that has a lot of prey animals, and berries. Also don't muck with tribal stuff, it is too easy to mess it up and get locked out of your tribe (and no one would be there to let you back in) I do have a few tribe members but they are not active, they are just in case something happens and I need to be let back in my tribe or something like that.

Depends on PVP or PVE on what you want to do but as a solo player I’ll give you the 411 on each.

PVP: Official works depending on expectations.

If you’re just looking for a little action Official works if that’s all you’re interested in.  If you’re interested in climbing some ladder in being competitive, having a kibble farm or dinos then official would just be a waste of time as a solo player. I know. I lived it.

Solo, you make a 1x1, or 2x2 base. Club, bola, pike, later a pter and that’s it. That’s the extent of your end game. You just run around troll and have a few laughs.   You tame anything, build anything it’s going to be lost someone will come by and stomp it, because they can.  Just like you can run around club something and pike his tame.

Sure you can stash and carefully craft a small 7x7 or larger base and deck it out but won’t be long before it draws interest. Your only one person so it will apart of a larger tribe event to come raid you for content, not for loot.  Couple turtles, and some C4 doesn’t take many players to circumvent all the work. Watch a few videos online of raiding and you’ll see there isn’t a lot of tactics to raiding, pretty straight forward and you’ll realize it didn’t have much value other than the feeling of thinking your secure.

PVP Official, don’t have anything of value. Then you can’t lose anything. But you can still have fun and raise hell and grab a pter or too.

PVP Private:  Resource gathering is set much higher, time wasted gathering and taming isn’t as bad so you made decide to expand and build something.  Community is generally more tightly knit.

PVE: Do not under any circumstances play PVE official servers.   My mind set was always to play on official because it’s a static difficulty and somehow I felt secure that wildcard was managing it.  As opposed to some person that decides they don’t want to pay for the private server you’re on any more.   However if it’s a private server you ask to take ownership or get a copy of the save file. You least have some control whereas official you have none.

Plus players from all over the world will pillar the map, then pillar you in then drop thousands of dinos on your map and now you can no longer play, the dino limit is capped.  Very common, won’t be fixed, ever (based on priority and track record of issues never being addressed).

I have regretted this choice twice.  Right before SE came out our server was “upgraded”.  After that each action or button press had minimal 10 second delay.  So if you want to say drink water, you press the button, wait 10 seconds and the action finally happens.

Wild Card did not respond to any of us, I knew 17 confirmed that wrote support asking for help. Eventually we all accepted the game is over. I stopped playing until recently.  Rest went on to private servers.  That server was recycled no long after, no one could use it.  Lost little over 1000 hours there.

Recently returned I have a couple hundred hours on a new server. A couple [][][][] tribes nuked our server with dino’s. Last three nights I logged and went to PVP server to troll because I couldn’t play on the new PVE server due the 10+ second delay. Nothing will be done and all the work is lost, again.

I’ve wrote support asking for the save, but we know how that will pan out.  Just don’t do it man, don’t do it.

Some good advice here, I'll add:

If PvP, stay small and hidden as much as possible. Argy's can now lift pretty much any dino you'll be able to afford to house and you'll have to be small anyway, so your best bet is building somewhere with no land access and only 1 or 2 angles to defend from. There are some places on Rag and center that are out of the way and basically an indent in a cliff, overhangs are especially good. It's harder to tank turrets (though not undoable) without the benefit of land dinos.

You still need to make friends with the ruling alpha, but the goal is to build a base that makes you too annoying for the casual griefer to deal with. Finally, spread out. You'll never be able to build impenetrable base so you have to have backups, different places on your main server and ideally some caches on other servers. I also really don't like storing my own explosives in my main base. Griefers will only take the best stuff and drop/use the rest, so I think giving someone access to your stockpile of C4, grenades, rockets, is a great way to go from standard raid to complete foundation wipe since you provided the raiders tools to do it.

if you are new to game don't try to play on PVP go to PVE or even better local server, so the best thing to do is learn the mechanic of the game like play for 3-4 day without trying to get something done or a base or a tame , after that  first thing first is hit the dossier (note) as much as you can so you get a descent lvl to unlock the most important engrams to get a good start , at that point you should be able to build a stone base and try to tame some low lvl dino since they take less time then a high one .

when you'r done with all those mechanic now you can choose to play on PVP or PVE .

I've played at least 1.2k hours solo on official, I would say the better you can hide your 2x2 base the more fun you'll have because you won't be raided as much. what also might work is double walling and making the outer wall stone and inner wall metal, as a solo player it's sometimes important to deceive the larger tribes so that they won't want to visit you.

Archived