Community Crunch 126: Console Update, Server Maintenance, Contests and more!

Jatheish

The craving for actual new content is real. New map, or new creature, or new whatever... this should tell the devs something. Sure we would like to see bugs fixed (thought most of us have developed strategies around them as if they were basegame features by now) but on the other hand most fixes end up with a patch the next day with a new fix fixing the fix... so at least new content makes us immediately happy.

And gives us something to get excited for. Whatever happened to getting excited for upcoming stuff ? Can't do that with no upcoming stuf in the foreseeable future. Come on Ark, help us like you.

(PS: who do I talk to about an accessibility issue ?)

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all who entered!  All of the entries were worthy of a prize this time around, which has to make life difficult for those judging the entries.

Thanks to WC for organizing and funding these contests for so long.  We content creators, and I think the community at large, have enjoyed them immensely.  I will miss the various completions, but I also understand the need to change thing up.  So with that in mind I am looking forward to whatever the next step in this journey will be.

Again, congratulations... and thank you... to everyone involved.

10 hours ago, jammyjade said:

your totally right as a somewhat clickbait tuber the amount of question i have got about extinction plus other parts of the game due to wildcards inability to set correct dates has been huge but i cant complain with so many people never gettinga straight answer channels that do news are big because of it  but that shouldn't be the case so come on wildcard its time you officialy announce extinction at least not happening this spring, unless you catch a comment on social media by yourselfes there has been no official word that extinction is not due this spring yet we all know its coming in summer? i get you want the hype train of e3 or some other expo to show off whatever you have cooking but its really disappointing you haven't learned from sotf and primal survival not to leave bad news to the last minute

Exactly wild card needs to fill it’s gamers in on the content coming not just in a few weeks but months down the road we deal with the lag bad glitches character and tame wipes and yet we are loyal and keep coming back. But as my loyalty starts to fade due to wild card hiding in the shadows. Games like Ashes of Creation, Draco Reign of Elements, Planet Nomads, Subnautica, And Valnir Rok just to name a few are starting to look like great replacements.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

I wouldn't treat that as a proper story tbh. Randomly found notes of dead explores throw narration pace away through the window. 

It was high time for WC to start working on bug fixes seriously. Pumping the game up with more and more redundant features would reach a point where it would be impossible to fix anything. The core fundation of the game is a buggy, unoptimised mess. That's the fact and WC did nothing to adress this problem once and for all. We do not need more things that will be broken, because they did not pay attention to the quality of the game for 2,5 years. If you built something on buggy code, the result may be extremely unpredictable. The game is in a huge need of QoL updates. 

With right commitment to bug fixes game can thrive like Division or Rainbow Six Siege. That is a marathon, not a sprint tho. However, WC has attention span like a child, because of bad project manager I assume, so I'm quite sceptical they will stay with current commitment for long. 

Thanks, i wrote literally the same thing in this post 19 hours ago. :) 

I love the TLC models especially the argent?.Just wish it gave the para a new model. I hope all the Dinos get a TLC. Especially the yutyrannus. It already looks amazing but if it got a slight model improvement and some new abilities it would make it even better. Such as a insulation ability in the cold due to the feathers that could warm the rider??. More TLCs would make the great game even better. Looking forward to see them!

B62366D0-488E-49FA-AF26-594F91D63387.jpeg

On 4/10/2018 at 5:19 AM, AdligerAdler said:

What's the motive behind that? Recently they stated there will be a max. of only 4 breeding events a year. Not everywhere there's the tame cap issue. Then the weekend before Easter there was no evo event. Now 2 weeks after Easter there will be no evo event again. What's the reason? When was the last time we didn't have an evo event twice within 4 weeks (we didn't even get a breeding event this easter)? 

I hope it won't become true but this could show the event future. This is why I'm worried. I wouldn't like that. Many others wouldn't like that. Personally I'll probably play less Ark and more something else this weekend. Bet I'm not the only one. After they gave us an evo event almost each weekend for a long time, it should be standard in my opinion. Would it hurt the game or any player if it was standard? I can't imagine how. Maybe make it 48 hours but don't cancel it.

Seeing as how they have postponed today's Server Maintenance for PC until Friday, it would make sense they won't do an Evo Event anyhow.

That's nothing to do with the reason there is no Evo Event, as the Crunch was posted days before the Server Maintenance moved to Friday.
Even without the server maintenance, it was never a guaranteed thing. They already said they would have one on the 20th for us, one weekend of not having one isn't going to kill anyone.

Guest DJRone89
54 minutes ago, pkurzawski said:

one weekend of not having one isn't going to kill anyone.

Twitter will disagree. Get your popcorn ready.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, YunLei said:

Didn't see a single Easter anything on PC.  Thought it was just my bad luck.

If you were on unofficial or single player then it is likely that you didn't have the event enabled. If you were on official then i'd be surprised if you saw nothing Easter related, unless maybe you were on P+?

My personal opinion is your doing yourself/the game and company nothing but harm by NOT running 2 x as always, people plan their  weekends,vacations and time off around the fact that these are regular happenings. Perhaps you or whoever it may concern should rethink this in the future.

We will not be running an Evolution Event this weekend. Our next Evolution Event will take place from the 20th of April at 1 PM EST until Monday the 23rd at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

11 hours ago, bighead369 said:

My personal opinion is your doing yourself/the game and company nothing but harm by NOT running 2 x as always, people plan their  weekends,vacations and time off around the fact that these are regular happenings. Perhaps you or whoever it may concern should rethink this in the future.

We will not be running an Evolution Event this weekend. Our next Evolution Event will take place from the 20th of April at 1 PM EST until Monday the 23rd at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

Yeah