ice wyvern egg locations 2018

icewolfkinn

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
43 minutes ago, ImpulZe said:

Im on an unofficial pc session. Been looking for a ice wyvern egg for some time, and for some reason i haven't seen any eggs, not even an ice wyvern itself. Do anyone know why this is happening? plz help

Ice wyverns have very low spawnrates. Could try a dinowipe, maybe something's blocking their spawns.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:59 AM, Ayita said:

We have dino wiped we have spawned wild dinos in and still we are having issues with ice wyverns not spawning. Any other help?

They don't always spawn. I no longer hunt them, but when I did, every two out of three times I checked the locations there were no eggs. Some times there were no nests too, not even empty ones. Many of those times when there were no eggs, I actually saw an ice wyvern fighting creatures near a nest location. Maybe your problem is something more than just that, but worth considering. 

I know there is a limit to how many wyvern eggs may be on the ground at any given time on a server. For that reason, you're never supposed to drop low level eggs that you pick up, because dropping it on the ground can block one of the egg spawns. It's also possible that lots of people on your server have dropped eggs around the map that are blocking new spawns. It's also possible more people are looking for eggs. As I type this I can't remember if you said you were in SP. 

I think the way it works is, every time a wyvern egg spawns, there is a chance that it can be any of the four types. If it rolls as an ice egg, it will only spawn on the mountain, and if it's any of the other three, it will spawn in the trench or the cave. I just have a feeling that's how it works based on my experience. If it's truly so, that means it's totally random whether you'll see any or not. I have never found more than two ice wyvern eggs up at the same time, and like I mentioned, I've often found none. 

5 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I think the way it works is, every time a wyvern egg spawns, there is a chance that it can be any of the four types. If it rolls as an ice egg, it will only spawn on the mountain, and if it's any of the other three, it will spawn in the trench or the cave. I just have a feeling that's how it works based on my experience. If it's truly so, that means it's totally random whether you'll see any or not.

Actually, eggs don't spawn 'on their own'. When a wyvern spawns, it has a chance to spawn a matching egg if it's near one of the specific nest locations. (You can also sort of force it to spawn another egg like this but it's incredibly difficult for anything but Ice wyverns). That's why any egg you find will always match up with a wyvern you see flying around (unless it's been destroyed/ killed etc before you actually see it of course; but the egg will always have come from a matching parent).

15 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Actually, eggs don't spawn 'on their own'. When a wyvern spawns, it has a chance to spawn a matching egg if it's near one of the specific nest locations. (You can also sort of force it to spawn another egg like this but it's incredibly difficult for anything but Ice wyverns). That's why any egg you find will always match up with a wyvern you see flying around (unless it's been destroyed/ killed etc before you actually see it of course; but the egg will always have come from a matching parent).

Oh right, of course. Okay so the wyvern needs to spawn within range of an egg for an egg to actually spawn, that makes sense too. But so then my thesis kinda works. It's not the eggs but the wyverns that spawn, and because there's always 20 wyverns up in the trench (or whatever), and uisually 1 or 0 frost wyverns, and because all wyverns are variations of one another, I'm guessing there's a % chance for each type of wyvern to spawn. It's probably like 30 for poison/fire/light and 10% for ice, or something on a similar order of magnitude. That's why some times there are no ice wyverns, and why there are never like 4 of them. Maybe there's moer advanced algorithms at play, maybe there's also a cap on each type, but point was - some times there are no eggs, so statistically speaking, some people will experience that several hunting trips in a row, which would give way to the feeling that they don't ever spawn.

Variants of fire/poison/ice would work like that, but- I would think, though I wouldn't say for sure- That those 3 wyvern spawns don't really influence Ice wyvs. Perhaps there is a global generic wyvern cap, but I've never heard of such if it does exist. The principle is still true though- I'd just think it'd be general snow spawns, rather than the other wyvern spawns, blocking them. It's why dinowiping often helps with them, since if other dinos such as mammoths are 'taking up' all the spawns, you won't get any Ice wyvs. 

But regardless, you're right that eggs are indeed quite rare. Aside from spawns being blocked, I'd attribute the lack of eggs to the fact that Ice wyverns just generally spawn in low amounts (I've never seen more then 5 or 6 across the map on a raised Dino count), and then having those very few Ice wyvs spawn too far from the egg locations to spawn an egg.

On the wyvern spawns themselves- though I've never verified it myself, I've heard that a dino count lower than 1 can result in some creatures such as Queens just not spawning. Could also be affecting Ice wyvs too, it's worth checking. And, considering that generally very few of them spawn, it's also worth using a tool to check current dino spawns, if you can, to verify that they aren't indeed spawning and are just being missed due to how few there are.

Archived