ice wyvern egg locations 2018

icewolfkinn

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, AngryChris73 said:

Theres also one on the big mountains facing towards the desrt right where it hits snow

This is where I found my two ice wyvern eggs level 185 each, sitting on top of each other in one nest. Killed two ice wyverns flying around and took the eggs super easy spot. Easiest wyvern eggs I have ever gotten. They were hidden pretty well though I found them on accident flying through. Once you see them though it's as if you can't imagine how you never saw them before kind of thing. 

On 4/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, AngryChris73 said:

Theres also one on the big mountains facing towards the desrt right where it hits snow

Is it possible to get the coordinates for this? I know of 4 wyvern nest locations - is this the one that is just above and to the right of frozen lake? Desert is ahead. I would be very grateful for any coordinates. All told I thought there were supposed to be 5 nest locations and I can only find 4.

I would say, just guessing as I will have to go to the spot and confirm, but from memory the location I found Ice Wyvern eggs would be close to LAT 32* LON 65*. That was the latest place I found an Ice Wyvern egg and the first place I found where two eggs were in same nest was just slightly a little further to the right, so around 30*, 68*. These are only two locations I have found eggs so far. Really I just fly around until I see the Ice Wyvern, kill it and the nest is usually close by.

*These numbers both have an -ish on the end of them as I have not confirmed such location but know it was close to that area.

EDIT: not my screen shot just a pic from reddit to help show coords.

tLCgGbrGaoeLD9W85Jp54h9mU3yo9yW1UgRIGqIz

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

I would say, just guessing as I will have to go to the spot and confirm, but from memory the location I found Ice Wyvern eggs would be close to LAT 32* LON 65*. That was the latest place I found an Ice Wyvern egg and the first place I found where two eggs were in same nest was just slightly a little further to the right, so around 30*, 68*. These are only two locations I have found eggs so far. Really I just fly around until I see the Ice Wyvern, kill it and the nest is usually close by.

*These numbers both have an -ish on the end of them as I have not confirmed such location but know it was close to that area.

EDIT: not my screen shot just a pic from reddit to help show coords.

tLCgGbrGaoeLD9W85Jp54h9mU3yo9yW1UgRIGqIz

Thanks for that - any gps confirmation would be fantastic. I really do appreciate the info though. Working from Green Ob to Red ob there are 4 nest locations I can confirm. I will provide gps coordinates for the 4 that I see. 

I went through the four spawns that I know of that are still active on Ragnarok last night. I will list coordinates - they are consistent with the link posted earlier in the thread from Steam - though I have not been able to ever find 1 of the listed nests on that Steam thread.

Going from Green Ob you will have a high ice mountain that marks the beginning of the ice wyvern territory. Death Snow region. Follow this mountain from Green Ob, with the mountain staying on your right. Do not enter snow region yet. Follow the mountain until you reach a pass that marks a path up to 1st ice lake. This pass will have Red Woods Biome and Snow. Take the path right up to Ice Lake 1. Stay on the far right of Ice Lake - there is a higher plateau above Ice Lake on your right. At the end of this plateau, with Ice Lake directly below you and to your left is spawn 1 on our trip. Coordinates 47 - 51.7 - In my experience this is the second most common nest location through the Ice Wyvern location. To your right, in the region where the mountain dips into the transitional Biome between desert and snow, you will occasionally have a wyvern hung up on one of the cliffs. If it is a good level, but out of render distance from 47 - 51.7, consider kiting the wyvern over to the nest location and having it aggro onto a Rhino or Mammoth. Go out of render distance when it de-aggros and you may be able to have a nest spawn in. 

Next two locations - continuing on from Ice Lake 1, follow the Ice River towards Ice Lake 2 (generally heading towards Red Ob). As you follow the Ice River at the end of Ice Lake 1, on your left will be Wyvern Spawn 2. It is on a higher plateau with trees around it. There is also an oil vein here and there may be an active oil pump. Location is 42.8 - 55.2. This one can be difficult to spot because it is somewhat hidden from view.

If you pass this location and there is no nest, take a hard right back towards the Ice River and pass the river. You will see a long sloping snow hill that has a steep drop behind it. There is a large rock at the end of it. Location is 44.2 - 58.9.

In general, these locations will have an obvious ice wyvern flying around in the ice river area. If you see an Ice Wyvern in the region, check both nest locations. Otherwise, these regions tend to be less likely to produce eggs.

Next location - continue following Ice River towards Ice Lake 2, generally moving towards Red Ob. You will pass a large ice cavern that goes underneath lake. Approaching the Ice Lake 2 from River you will have a small forested region on your left at end of lake. There is a wyvern spawn here - (a very common wyvern spawn) but I cannot find the egg location that is listed in the Steam thread. It is supposed to be to the right, where there is another copse of trees and another oil vien/oil pump. Some of us wonder whether this spawn has been blocked on our map because someone has built a small base in the area.

The final, and by far the most common Ice Wyvern nest spawn is ahead of you. Past Ice Lake 2, heading towards Red Ob you will hit the following coordinates by a fallen log: 33.6 - 68.8. There is a depression below you (and another oil vien/oil pump!). This particular nest location is also right next to a wyvern spawn (not all nest locations are right by wyvern spawns) and yields the most eggs in my experience. I have had multiple event eggs from this location that our tribe has used for trade purposes. If you do not like the level of the egg found here, eat it, kill the ice wyvern and fly out of render distance. I usually go to Red Woods and zoom right back. Typically a nest and wyvern will have respawned so I try to get a better result.

Screenshot-2018-5-2 Xbox Social.jpg

One final piece of advice for those picking eggs off of the fallen log - I usually break the trees at the very front of the log (by biting them on my wyvern) and then walk my wyvern along the small edge. This takes a little practice. With the wyvern directly on the log, I will hop off and then snatch the egg.

Some people do this with different flyers (Griffons for instance) - and it is far easier to walk this path with a smaller flyer. Once you have the hang of it though, having your wyvern directly behind you as you snatch the egg gives you a very short and safe egress from the location as the Ice Wyvern aggros. If the egg is not high enough, having my wyvern with me allows me to take out low level ice and try to spawn in a new wyvern by leaving the area and rendering it back in. Mix and repeat. I've had times where I eat 5-6 eggs in a row as I keep returning to this location. Eventually a 150 plus egg will come your way and you are a happy camper.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, Lenna said:

Thank you for posting this thread.. I love all the wyverns haha but ice is definitely easy to get once you now the spawns :D I've gone off of this pic before and was helpful. 

But it's definitely one of those things once you see them in the locations, you go... how did I miss this before? :)

Happy Hunting!

9308LW8.png

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Read this post and it was super helpful, my wife really wants an ice wyvern. I believe I have ran into a problem, could be a bug, but I could just be missing something. We are playing a player dedicated server on Xbox, we have our base in a tree near the Brute artifact cave in the east redwoods. We have only ever seen three Ice Wyverns, all male. So we tamed a lightning and poison one and killed them, hoping females would spawn, but none have. I would guess we have played about 8 to 10 hours on the server since they were killed and have not seen any yet. I have checked about three times. Is there some other condition that needs to be met for them to spawn or am I screwed? Any admin commands that can help, like destroywilddinos?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and respond! Good luck survivors!

P.S. - I am fairly certain there are no nests actuallt spawning if there is no female that has been spawned tied to that nest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 12:41 AM, Jester331 said:

Hey guys. Read this post and it was super helpful, my wife really wants an ice wyvern. I believe I have ran into a problem, could be a bug, but I could just be missing something. We are playing a player dedicated server on Xbox, we have our base in a tree near the Brute artifact cave in the east redwoods. We have only ever seen three Ice Wyverns, all male. So we tamed a lightning and poison one and killed them, hoping females would spawn, but none have. I would guess we have played about 8 to 10 hours on the server since they were killed and have not seen any yet. I have checked about three times. Is there some other condition that needs to be met for them to spawn or am I screwed? Any admin commands that can help, like destroywilddinos?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and respond! Good luck survivors!

P.S. - I am fairly certain there are no nests actuallt spawning if there is no female that has been spawned tied to that nest.

Sex does not matter, only level and proximity to the actual nest location.  The problem is that they can range fairly far afield from the nest locations and are at times hard to find.    I don't know the exact range but it seems they need to be within say 20 to 30 foundations or less away...  the good news is you can lure them closer and drop agro(by getting close to another creature), fly JUST outside of render range and when you come back there is an egg.    Note that for me on Xbox, MOST of the time the wyverns are close to the nests to see, but if nothing is spawning you have to get in deep the trees and flush them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2018 at 4:59 AM, Lenna said:

Thank you for posting this thread.. I love all the wyverns haha but ice is definitely easy to get once you now the spawns :D I've gone off of this pic before and was helpful. 

But it's definitely one of those things once you see them in the locations, you go... how did I miss this before? :)

Happy Hunting!

9308LW8.png

I have never found a nest at location A, on pc official prim+ server. Not sure if that is a very old temporary location from before the Ragnaroc map was finished. I checked the nest locations almost daily all summer. if i ever find one there, i'll post again, but i really think that spawn no longer works.

Archived