How addicted to ARK are you?

Sphere

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XBOX Official Servers = 203 Days 15 Hours Played.

My Xbox Gamer tag avatar is the Aberattion shot, just like in this forum.

One of my other Gamertags is ArkSurvivor212

Up until a few weeks ago, I still kept my Legacy tribe alive every week.

Before playing on XBOX I played PC version for a few months, back when there was no Redwoods, no Swamps, no adverse effects for being hot/cold.

Ive got like 6 other New games in my steam library i have yet to play even once.. #ArkAddict...

Not the highest # of hrs ive seen.. But i bought ARK literally a year ago, last april, and with the exception of the weekend i was out of town,  ive played every single day for at least an hr sometimes as many as 16hrs, startined on Official PVP then official pve, then unofficial pvp, then admin my own unofficial pvp servers, and now singleplayer. Also recently got myself a copy of the DevKit..

Capture+_2018-04-10-15-04-57.png

I go on and off with Ark, and usually drop it out a bit when it starts feeling like a compulsion. I try to keep it that way with most games nowadays. That said, Ark was a borderline addiction for the first 5 or 6 months of release because I started playing it about the same time I decided to try life without the bottle. (3 years strong this month *toot toot*) 

2 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Wildcard cured my addiction themselves a year ago.

You mean they changed your compulsion from playing it to complaining about it? :P

Guest DJRone89

I have an addictive personality and tend to just replace one addiction with another. Before Ark it was ESO but I have to say no other game has kept me playing a great lengths.

1 hour ago, epickarn said:

My wife thought I'm playing ARK too much but since I've seen you guys' level of addiction. Mine is not so much, just 1,400 hours.

I hear what you're saying, but be careful with that logic. It's easy to normalize unhealthy behavior by surrounding yourself with people more unhealthy. That's how WoW ruins lives, lol.

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I can quit whenever I want, I don't have a problem. Everything is under control.

(Checks ARK forum for 13th time of the day while at work)

Hah! Im like that with Ark reddit....and xbox ark reddit.....and website.. ah crap! 

Our work just disconnected the wifi so ill have to narrow it down to only 10 times per day. The SA forums chew data :( wtb mobile friendly survive ark website :P 

Man, I was waiting for the last update and stopped playing. The update took a really long time and my 'addiction' just tanked. My wife hurt her back too and she hasn't been able to play for three months. I was waiting for the recent Xbox update to hit before bothering to play again, because I have really lost interest. Super odd for how into it I was. 

Archived