Do Away with PGMs

• 3 weeks later...

It hardly takes up any space at all in fact the only time it really does is once you make a map and it's no worse than any of the other maps at that. Don't do away with them. I like them. It took me a lot of work and rresearch but I got a console dedicated PG map live and working smoothly. Quite smoothly actually and I'm using an Xbox. So it is functional just limited in what you can do with ini settings unfortunately. But im still happy to have it in the roster this makes 8 servers now I run I think it has great potential for opening up the spectrum of gameplay  

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is a cool idea, but it lacks depth. The PGM's need obelisks, caves, dlc resources and spawns, and other things to make them worthwhile. If these cannot be implemented I would say do away with them. I prefer a hand-crafted map filled with details, like Ragnarok. Procedural generated maps feel empty and lacking.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried making one, but it just seemed hollow. It was beautiful and unique and all, but the lack of features from other maps (Obelisks, caves) make it seem less inviting to play on. Not to mention the horrible uneven ground at some points that bounced you and made it look you were riding a horse as you walked on it. Great idea though, the map was nice with lots of water and spawns. 

Archived