Moschops harvest nerfed with new rideable version?

Sikkendkit

1 minute ago, marcpullen said:

There was a post on Reddit about this, they silently nerfed it I think by 70% as an offset since they can be ridden and actually controlled now. Apparently they way they were before was a design feature, and meant to be unreliable or wonky to control. :(

Ah, really saddens me to hear. :(  such a big thing should of been in the patchnotes tbf, 70% is such a big nerf maybe there will be better dinos to farm polymer with now. I hope that it will get a bit buffed in the future, was so hyped for its potential </3

7 hours ago, Zederia said:

Well, we can never have anything nice, Getting a moschops itself is difficult if you're not near endgame, and now we get less from having one, so lovely..

just another creature to not bother taming. Thanks, Wildcard

What??? In what world is a Moschops an end game tame? They're nothing to tame at all.

10 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

Since they are rideable though you can get now imprint bonus.

Which is why i believe they meant to nerf it by 30%, and that would have sucked enough because now everyone would have to breed and imprint and level a new moschops (per tribe member) just to harvest what they could have without breeding one before they were rideable. But they didn't nerf them BY 30%, they nerfed them TO 30%. The first example on the steam thread says they get 150 organic poly now when they used to get 600-700. A nerf of 30% of 700 would be 490 not 150.

The imprint bonus of 30% to 150 = 195. That's 505 LESS polymer than they would have gotten before the nerf. And 3.5x the time and risk now to gather the same amount.

The obvious (to me at least) solution would have been to simply remove the rider imprint bonus to harvesting. Then the only change would have been that the moschops is rideable, which is all anyone wanted.

- Moschops harvesting effectiveness reduced by approximately 30%

They added it secretly in the patch notes.

Seems like something wildcard would do, lol.

So i guess they intentionally   made moschops whistle annoying. Really glad i dont play this game as much as i used to, would've been otherwise super pissed.

I don't understand what's wrong with the developers, they release something which impacts the game big time, especially pvp, when they realize it's too powerful they start nerfing it overtime and yet the damage is already done.

No idea what they have against test servers.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:43 PM, flamron said:

Glad I saw this. No need for one with that gather efficiency. My reaper collects 150-175 poly per crab and is probably a thousand times more fun to ride. Not to mention faster...

rideable moschops... chalk it up to another useless dino that People won’t bother to tame 

You're missing the point of the Moschops if you're comparing it to a Reaper.

Reaper is an end game tame that requires time, effort and a bit of skill in the most dangerous area of the map to obtain.

Moschops waddles around the starter areas and can be tamed by a very low level player at any time with a bit of luck on the feeding requests, or with a bit of prep to get the more awkward things like Prime Jerky or Prime Fish.

It's like saying why bother with a few Dilos to defend your thatch beach hut when you can just go and get a Giga.

6 hours ago, Kraken said:

You're missing the point of the Moschops if you're comparing it to a Reaper.

Reaper is an end game tame that requires time, effort and a bit of skill in the most dangerous area of the map to obtain.

Moschops waddles around the starter areas and can be tamed by a very low level player at any time with a bit of luck on the feeding requests, or with a bit of prep to get the more awkward things like Prime Jerky or Prime Fish.

It's like saying why bother with a few Dilos to defend your thatch beach hut when you can just go and get a Giga.

Ah - but if other dinos are comparable as well, and they’re more mobile, it really does defeat the purpose, right?  I mean, how much does a raptor get?  Or a bear?  I’ve not tested it, so if these are comparable, I don’t see a huge benefit, and the raptor and bear have other uses. 

3 hours ago, flamron said:

Ah - but if other dinos are comparable as well, and they’re more mobile, it really does defeat the purpose, right?  I mean, how much does a raptor get?  Or a bear?  I’ve not tested it, so if these are comparable, I don’t see a huge benefit, and the raptor and bear have other uses. 

Well, if you are talking about bears and raptors collecting org poly then yes, even the moschops with the severely over reaching nerf will still out collect them in a landslide. However, pre and post nerf moschops are no where in the same ballpark anymore. It used to be one of the best (if not the best) modes of farming poly. Now the pelagornis will easily compare with it. Now you could say that the moschops sucked compared to the reaper, but what the other poster was saying is the moschops is a fairly easy tame really, especially with some rng luck on what it requests. The reaper is going to take a substantial amount of time to be prepared to even tame one. It's not early game in any way. It's just disappointing that wildcard feels the need to nerf something anytime they change anything. There was nothing wrong with the way moschops were before. People liked riding them when it was introduced in an inadvertant bug so they added it in as a permanent thing, but at the same time used the nerf bat to make it completely undesirable. It's one step forward and 3 steps back and completely unexplainable. Moschops weren't broke before, however being able to be ridden was a nice change, but now my pelagornis collects more poly than the moschops so why even ride the dang thing.

5 hours ago, jcekstro said:

Well, if you are talking about bears and raptors collecting org poly then yes, even the moschops with the severely over reaching nerf will still out collect them in a landslide. However, pre and post nerf moschops are no where in the same ballpark anymore. It used to be one of the best (if not the best) modes of farming poly. Now the pelagornis will easily compare with it. Now you could say that the moschops sucked compared to the reaper, but what the other poster was saying is the moschops is a fairly easy tame really, especially with some rng luck on what it requests. The reaper is going to take a substantial amount of time to be prepared to even tame one. It's not early game in any way. It's just disappointing that wildcard feels the need to nerf something anytime they change anything. There was nothing wrong with the way moschops were before. People liked riding them when it was introduced in an inadvertant bug so they added it in as a permanent thing, but at the same time used the nerf bat to make it completely undesirable. It's one step forward and 3 steps back and completely unexplainable. Moschops weren't broke before, however being able to be ridden was a nice change, but now my pelagornis collects more poly than the moschops so why even ride the dang thing.

That’s kinda my point too. If they stayed awesome at collecting poly, I would go tame on one aberration right now. But they don’t. So I really don’t have a use. I’m sure others can use them, so that’s great. I just with TLC would make dinos more useful throughout the progress ladder instead of it becoming a stale useless yard ornament. Lord knows we all have plenty of those...

Archived