Insane Building

ScionX2

Everyone should know the Forbidden Grotto cave on Ragnarok.  So your playing pvp and you land this sick cave right? You closed the water way, the land access, and built up a fortified base.  But then you got this gigantic gaping hole in the roof...

Now you have to close it.  Now you're talking 50+ columns just to support ceilings across the large opening with a long drop.  

So my question is this...How do you do this effectively 

Is this the one close to blue spire with the water fall comming through the ceiling? Believe that's called the pirate cave? 

Cliff platforms, foundation, ceiling, spiked walls. I can get a quetz, drake and wyvern in there. I couldn't get it to be completely closed but enough to make it real gnarly for enemy's to drop in. I should note it's unofficial with no building collision so that may affect you. :o

I have build in this cave and you dont need a single pillar actualy. You can lay down foundations in the water and build a wall up, so the ceilings are connected to the foundations via the wall. I used that technic also to build a plattform over the water on red obelisk on island. You should build more than one "wall pillar" to not have a single point of failure.

Also i use a tek shield to cover most of that hole. Since i play on a server with S+, the S+ tek shield is cheap to maintain as it can run by the tek generator.

Still the big cave is hard to defend, you should also block of the 4 entries to the back of the cave, that is easier to defend. So you get a outer and inner defense perimeter.

I am not at home, so i can't take screenshots right now. But you can see what i mean by skipping a little bit through this video:

Archived