Easter Skins - Not worth the time and effort?

IcedOutBuffalo

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, IcedOutBuffalo said:

I just spent about five hours collecting a ton of eggs in order to redeem them for the Easter skins on PvP Official. Turns out they're not permanent and it's only a one-time deal. Kind of sucks considering how long it takes to earn them. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The eggs aren’t permanent but the skins are. That alone validates their worth but it’s up to the individual if they deem it so.

24 minutes ago, Ascendant said:

They also aggro anything else remotely nearby, which could be Ichy birds, raptors, sabers, dilos, trikes, etc. Just use a griffin or ptera to pick and drop in a pen.

That's not an option on PvE. I normally just bring a shotgun with me and kill those othere dinos. 

Oh and rare flowers dont work on trikes for some reason.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, AdligerAdler said:

I did it last year, but this time I'm too lazy to try to punch a dozen bunny dodos into my base and into a pen. I'm on PvE and lasso, whip, and picking up with flyer don't work. I just can't be bothered with that crap.

20 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

The eggs aren’t permanent but the skins are. That alone validates their worth but it’s up to the individual if they deem it so.

The way that I did it was I made some grapples and went made a small pen. Flew around South 2 area grabbing every Dodo I could find and grappling them. Then I hopped on my Argy and they would remain grappled. Once they were all in the pen, all it took was some running in and out of render range to get plenty of eggs to spawn. I decided to go with the player Chick Hat Skin first, but when I respawned, the skin didn't appear in my inventory with my other ones. DJRone89, I wasn't sure what you meant when you said the skins are permanent. I still have the skin equipped to my hat at my base, but I thought they would reappear each time I spawned in such as the Fireworks Flare Gun Skin, etc.

25 minutes ago, IcedOutBuffalo said:

The way that I did it was I made some grapples and went made a small pen. Flew around South 2 area grabbing every Dodo I could find and grappling them. Then I hopped on my Argy and they would remain grappled. Once they were all in the pen, all it took was some running in and out of render range to get plenty of eggs to spawn. I decided to go with the player Chick Hat Skin first, but when I respawned, the skin didn't appear in my inventory with my other ones. DJRone89, I wasn't sure what you meant when you said the skins are permanent. I still have the skin equipped to my hat at my base, but I thought they would reappear each time I spawned in such as the Fireworks Flare Gun Skin, etc.

The other skins are linked to your player thru your achievements/trophies.  These holiday skins are like bps or dinos.  Just because you die you dont get a new rex or asc shotgun bp.  They like any other item you craft or find.  That said all the old skins were like this to until WC added new trophies and rewards to old trophies.  Last easter the bunny outfit for the kangaroo was like this but when they redid the trophies it was added to the 40% of notes trophy as a trophy award.  I believe that WC will add new trophies considering all the new dinos, bosses, and notes on the dlcs that have no rewards yet.  So im pretty certain these items will be added to the trophy awards at some point just like ALL of the other holiday stuff has been.

Archived