Transmitter or Teleporter

Quilleute

Good Morning /Evening / Night all :)

Him having  some problems to understand the uses for the tek tiers, so i would like to ask for your help guys :)

The tek transmitter , can be used to upload / download dinos , travel between servers, transfering items, and all this can be done, without spending a simple element ( works without power )

The tek teleporter, can be used do teleport dinos and players , across the map, ate the cost of element ( requires tek generator)

The question is : if i can use the tek transmitter to upload dinos on a base, go to other base and with a second transmitter  download the dino and transfer the char  across the map, with beds ...... why the criation of the teleporter in the first place , am i missing something here ??

Enlight me plix :)

14 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

The question is : if i can use the tek transmitter to upload dinos on a base, go to other base and with a second transmitter  download the dino and transfer the char  across the map, with beds ...... why the criation of the teleporter in the first place , am i missing something here ??

Using a transmitter you can't upload a dino wearing a saddle or having items in their inventory plus you have a  a 12 hour cool down timer before you can upload a dino again and anywhere between 30 and 48 minutes to upload items. it's a personal obelisk without the ability to run boss fights.

Teleporter you can transfer a dino say full of metal with saddle intact as well as yourself with no timer. 

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

You can’t upload yourself at the transmitter and download yourself at another transmitter on the same server.  You have to hop to another server and then hop back to the original server.  Teleporter whips you instantly across the same map.

You can transfer to any server, NOT spawn, log out, log into your normal server and spawn your survivor on any bed.

Tek teleporter is easier, but if you're a cheapo marginally exploiting bum, that's the way to do it for your personal survivor. 

Archived