Maturation

Jamesimeson

Guest DJRone89
On 06/04/2018 at 11:10 AM, Jamesimeson said:

Hey, when's the next maturation event? I've got things to hatch.

Also anyone know what's on this weekend? Is it just standard.

All evolution event info can be found in the latest community crunch from the news section on this website. The crunch is usually on Monday’s.

Shame everyone else has the same idea but bulk drops loads of eggs that cause the servers to cap. While you personally may only drop a few, other people have admitted to dropping over 100+ eggs on an event on their own let alone other people in their tribe. The server dino cap is 5500+ depending on platform, so doesn’t take long to cap.

On 08/04/2018 at 3:07 AM, charles06 said:

Honestly if they re worked the kibble system down to maybe 6 dino's for imprint instead of maybe 15 it would cut down on how many tames people have

This would massively help. I have a huge kibble barn with around 60 dino in that never move let alone do anything useful other than lay eggs. I help most of the server out with kibble when needed so can't scale down my dino the way it is currently.  If there were only a few imprint kibble needed I would happily fry all the useless dino with my wyvern as the constant feeding and upkeep is a total pain. 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:07 PM, charles06 said:

Honestly if they re worked the kibble system down to maybe 6 dino's for imprint instead of maybe 15 it would cut down on how many tames people have

Not really, don't know about you, if I could cut my kibble farm in half, all I would do is Tame/Breed that many more for other things. Net change = none. 

I am sure a vast majority of others would do just the same, replace all the low level 5's with level 200+ that have other uses.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:17 AM, SuzieQ said:

This would massively help. I have a huge kibble barn with around 60 dino in that never move let alone do anything useful other than lay eggs. I help most of the server out with kibble when needed so can't scale down my dino the way it is currently.  If there were only a few imprint kibble needed I would happily fry all the useless dino with my wyvern as the constant feeding and upkeep is a total pain. 

See above reply, this logic will not work.

Let's face it, we all love our Dinos and with the absence of the need for kibble farm, we would raise Boss Rexes or Spinos or more Gigas. You get the point.

On 08/04/2018 at 3:07 AM, charles06 said:

i hava a solution but don't know if 1 it's possible and 2 if ppl will do it :

lets take the dodo as example : you tame a male and female (only one couple) and instead of droping eggs you find the eggs in the female inventory so each 30m or so one egg pops so that way if you play for like 2-3h you'll find a good amount of eggs in that inventrory  ,  by doing that ppl will not have to tame like 6-10 dino  from the same species .  ppl can remove some dino and make free slot to tame/breed for everyone in the server .

3 hours ago, zxv said:

i hava a solution but don't know if 1 it's possible and 2 if ppl will do it :

lets take the dodo as example : you tame a male and female (only one couple) and instead of droping eggs you find the eggs in the female inventory so each 30m or so one egg pops so that way if you play for like 2-3h you'll find a good amount of eggs in that inventrory  ,  by doing that ppl will not have to tame like 6-10 dino  from the same species .  ppl can remove some dino and make free slot to tame/breed for everyone in the server .

Im not against it, dont know if itd help much but i would like that feature

1 hour ago, Boubbin said:

Here is a picture of one megatribe hatching 200 giga eggs over last event on official. No wonder why they are tame capped.

To be fair all of these will be culled unless they produce a new mutation in desired stat for the breeding lines. Mutation stacking is a numbers game so mass hatching is kinda a must if you dont want to spend months waiting for new mutation.

33 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

To be fair all of these will be culled unless they produce a new mutation in desired stat for the breeding lines. Mutation stacking is a numbers game so mass hatching is kinda a must if you dont want to spend months waiting for new mutation.

Or transferred to another server for war if the line is more or less perfect already. Anyway in that stream there was also most likely 50 tusos growing and another 100 adults waiting to be used. There was also bears and some other thingys. 

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

This. I usually hatch about 30 to 50 eggs on a Sunday but end up keeping maybe 5 dino's that qualify. I hatch them usually no more than 3 at a time. Kill, harvest, cook, repeat.

Sadly there are some people who hatch and then raise all of them no matter stats and then try to trade crap dino's for prime dino's and when no one buys they just hold them until they reach tribe cap and then either move them to another server or finally kill a few so they can hatch their next eggs. 

I think an account cap of dino's should be put in place in conjunction with a server tribe cap. That or they just need to reduce the tribe cap again or get better servers that can handle a higher server cap. 

However being it's a sandbox game some people just want to play to collect and while we may not understand that point it's not a wrong way to play. It's just not our way. My server we have the griffin lady. She has between 70 and 100 griffins. Most higher level. She doesn't trade them and only uses like 1 of them when not using a Wyv, she just has griffins. I don't understand that but it's how she wants to play the game and with the too high of tribe cap it still gives her another 400 dino's to work with. She's not wrong, she's just not right in some people's eyes. 

People mass spam rafts and dodo's to retain tribe spots because people continuously fail to try to think what would help the server the most and they don't want to not be able to raise/tame what they want. It's a vicious repeating circle with only unproven ideas provided to help quell the issue. 

So get upset when you see that vet with a level 76 Rex even though he's been running boss fights with 13.6k 449 melee hatches but then take a step back and realize he's not truly the issue. He's playing the game. The fault lies with WC's inadequate server's and inadequate rules for PvE which they never envisioned what that would entail when designing the game. 

Archived