the best way to get paste on island ?

PUTINA

Beaver dams, tame a snail like Royalstar mentioned (requires cake for food), or kill bugs and grind with stone to make paste (many things farm chitin/keratin).

Check the wiki for more details. You have several options for tames, frogs do well for direct bug -> paste, megatherium can collect tons of chitin/keratin when enraged, sabertooth cats do nicely too.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Cementing_Paste

I used to make paste or raid beaver dams, and then I finally put the work in to taming snails like Royalstar mentioned. I have four tamed now and am rolling in paste. Plus, you get organic polymer from them, which you can stash in a fridge to make it last longer. (Edit: Not sure if you can store it in regular fridge, though. Just thought about it might be an S+ thing.)

If you have multiple people one of the best ways I have found is a good frog with a support dino (prefer a Barry or saber myself) and take them through swamp cave. Even on 1x we will get well over 1k cp from there. We also live in hidden lake, so we supplement with beaver dams. We actually don't use snails at all. I hate making the veggie cakes for them all the time so I never tamed anymore once a tribemate took all ours and left.

Transfer to a Center server.  Build a small house in the redwoods with beds, storage, and a little garage for an argy.   When you need CP, transfer to this server and gather damns at the pools.  A couple trips across the 3 ponds will net you about 5k CP.  Transfer back to Island.  Profit.

It's just not worth gathering CP on Island when it's soooo easy on Center.

One word of advice would be to build a hut with a bed next to each pond so that if you die to beavers you can quickly spawn back and fetch your flier.

I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but...

Beaver dams, frogs n snails, and swamp caves aside, megatheriums are BEAST chitin gatherers. The only downside is that they can’t fit in the swamp cave. Otherwise you’d hit the 300 slot cap barely halfway in.

Not so much center cave though, you could fit one in there...?

In my honest opinion, even though they are expensive little boogers, snails are the way to go. Ten will give you 1k cp an hour. Imagine what more could get you

Harvesting only or crafting? Harvesting from beaver dams and taming snails for extra paste is good. Or you could tame a megatherium and slaughter all the bugs and scorpions you see and you'll go home with enough Chitin to last you quite a while. With a good Doed or Rock Elemental for stone, you'll be making cementing paste in bulk very easily

On 4/5/2018 at 11:44 PM, PUTINA said:

only beavers ?? someone knows some other method?

Early game, chitin grinding and beaver dams. After you have a fabricator going there's no question,...if you need a lot of paste fast, a good frog with a decent saddle and solid shoulder pet in the Swamp Cave (next to the Redwood Lake) is the best way to go. When you get a few solo runs under your belt you can clear that cave in 10 minutes and walk out with thousands of paste and equivalent chitin. If you're on an unofficial server with increased rates you're coming out with 5-10k paste and nearly an equal amount of chitin. In ~10 minutes. Every 20-30 minutes.

Hunting beaver dams on the Island is cool if you just need a couple hundred paste real quick, but if you're building/crafting and need a bunch, don't waste your time on dams. Snails are a good investment for a consistent paste flow, but they're better for maintaining paste than gathering a supply to rebuild after a raid. 

In early-game beaver dams are the best choice. Beelzebufos are very nice too. Not hard to tame at all. Just go with them into the swamp, kill any dino but don't harvest the corpse! After a little time there will be some Meganeuras to eat the corpse and you simply eat the Meganeuras and get lots of Chitin plus already made CP.

Snails are good for mid-game. They produce 1 CP every minute I think. But for the veggie cake you need a tree sap tap und a bee hive, which needs some preperation. Once you have both, its no problem at all to tame multiple snails and keep them alive.

Tame a bunch of snails.. i got sick of making paste on Abb (xbox official pvp) so now we have an achatina barn with 50 snails. I want another 25 so its just two loads to fill a vault, sucks having to do it 3 times ??

as it doesnt seem obvious to everyone, when using tames that go on wander use wooden cages to prevent them from moving around..

On 4/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, Daethanil said:

I find that just raiding beaver dams is the quickest, easiest, and least resource intensive way to gather CP. Snails are amazing, but the cakes to feed them are irritating. Get something fast (iguanodon work great). Run to the dam, raid it, run away. Even in the water Iggies are faster than beavers.

Try a bear. You stand on his back and can just transfer all and he has the weight to support that then you can run away and drop the wood or just slaughter the beavers and hit the next dam. 

Archived