LIOPLEURODON

PUTINA

it will increase the stats of the Bp too( with a small chance). I always tame one when i go in a cave. Takes 5min to tame. I got a lot if useless bps but also some good ones like asc saddles bps with 110+ armor or guns with 250+dmg. However what got me shocked was a premade ramshackle scuba tank with 175dura which is asc like. Before the event i had a glitched lio which didnt disappered for 2 weeks

47 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

It would be better if they only had this "magic ability" for a period of time when you first tame one... then the effect wears off and you can still keep the thing. (able to breed, but babies don't have the "magic")

Or like any other "buff' it only be active for a certain amount of time.  Lystro xp buff could be considered op because the value of lvls is huge.  Xp is guaranteed, the value of drops is random as heck.  I dont see this ability to be op.

I tested the Lio a few days ago for the first time. I didn't got anything good from the crates in the easy water cave(Island) at all. I know, it's hard to judge after one try. I will test it a few times more to give better feedback.

On the very downside, it is slow af. It took me 10 minutes to get it from about 90/25 (where I tamed it) to the cave at 50/15 (only approx. coordinates, don't know the exact ones). And you must bring the Lio near the crates because once you get away from it the buff only lasts for 5 minutes. So if you don't tame it (in my case) near the cave, it is worthless at all, because the Lio would disappear before I'm even near possible loot.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, PUTINA said:

how does this really work ... I just get a bp with more stats or completely change the BP type, could someone explain to me?

Whenever a player with buff gets near the drop - its content is re-rolled with a slightly higher rarity.

So the optimal way to hunting drops with Liopleurodon is in pair with an unbuffed tribe mate: he checks the drop 1st for anything interesting (and he can take that item, but not everything to keep drop standing), then player with buff comes near to force item re-roll on the drop and loot it again.

27 minutes ago, TheJoker957 said:

I tested the Lio a few days ago for the first time. I didn't got anything good from the crates in the easy water cave(Island) at all. I know, it's hard to judge after one try. I will test it a few times more to give better feedback.

On the very downside, it is slow af. It took me 10 minutes to get it from about 90/25 (where I tamed it) to the cave at 50/15 (only approx. coordinates, don't know the exact ones). And you must bring the Lio near the crates because once you get away from it the buff only lasts for 5 minutes. So if you don't tame it (in my case) near the cave, it is worthless at all, because the Lio would disappear before I'm even near possible loot.

Thats not good for the Lios ability.  Both water caves have increased chances for better loot to begin with.

The Lio buff does two things.

First, it will change the contents of a supply beacon.  It will only do this once, so having multiple tribe members with the buff will not allow you to continuously cycle the loot.

Additionally, the changed loot in the drop will have a higher base quality, something like .5 higher.  If you have the buff, opening a drop will change its inventory to Lio Buffed inventory.  The boost in quality is probably identical to the boost you get from a ring being around a drop.  The results can be pretty sweet low tier, high quality gear, like a 75 armor Apprentice Rex BP or 210% weapon damage JM pump action BP.

25 minutes ago, GP said:

Ringed drops does increase quality.

this has never felt like it for me, although i have never tracked/talled up the results. But in can be perceived as one because of increased number of item rolls -> higher chance of higher quality.

Also as a circumstantial evidence: during xmas event devs compared event buff only with base values and Lio buff which would make one think that drop ring has no direct effect on drop's quality.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Makes me cringe to quote a wiki:

" "Double" drops of colors other than white, green, or purple have their Arbitrary Quality multiplied by two, while white, green, and purple double drops simply contain more items."

Wiki has been wrong on more than one occasion to be reliable source to cite.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Hence the cringe. In this case however, it's correct.

Can confirm-ish.  This is just speaking based on what I've noticed from opening ringed versus not-ringed drops... The ring can either increase quality OR increase quantity -- for any color.  Standard white drops sometimes would contain a torch BP, but never better than a JM torch and even then the JM torch BP would have bad stats.  Any torch BP I find from a ringed white drop is through the roof good.  Also, when the through the roof good torch BP would drop, that plus another small prize would be all that's in the drop, as white drops tend to always drop 2 sets of loot.  Ringed white drops have also had 3 sets of loot in them, but all of average quality.

I've noticed the same on higher tiered drops as well.  If I open a ring drop 1 of two things happens.  Either everything of quality inside the drop is enhance beyond the normal status for such drops (45 armor apprentice saddle BPs versus 55+ armor apprentice saddle BPs) or the items inside are of normal quality, there's just more of them.

Anywho, in sum, GP is correct in saying that the drops with rings have higher quality, I would just argue that you either get higher quality or more quantity, but not both.

Archived