[Server Plugin] Vote Rewards v1.0

Michido

This plugin allows to automatically rewards players who vote for your server on ark-servers.net.

Chat Commands:

• /votereward - Checks for votes and awards player.

Console Commands:

• VoteRewards.Reload - Reloads a config file.

Configuration:

"ServerKey":"12345", // Your API key from ark-servers.net
"ShopPoints":20, // Amount of points that will be awarded to player for each vote (if ArkShop is loaded)
"ItemsConfig":{ // Items that will be awarded to player for each vote
    "Items":[
        {
            "Amount":1,
            "Quality":0,
            "ForceBlueprint":false,
            "Blueprint":"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemArmor_CarnoSaddle.PrimalItemArmor_CarnoSaddle'"
        }
    ],
    "Dinos":[
        {
            "Level":10,
            "Blueprint":"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Carno/Carno_Character_BP.Carno_Character_BP'"
        }
    ]
}

Dependencies:

• ArkShop (optional)

Sponsored by: https://ark-servers.net

More information

On 4/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, nelreth said:

I'm hosting at verygames and I don't know which folder to transfer the plugin to? 

Most hosting providers don't allow customers to install it by themselves, so write to the their support.

10 hours ago, Meirix said:

Where do I find the api key? Im seeing nothing about an api on my arkservers page

It's for ark-servers.

My Options > Manage your servers > API KEY

12 hours ago, nexolight said:

1. Is this opensource? You cannot expect me to embed a dll on my server without it.

2. Where is the download link without registration?

Ark-servers.net has the source code, but i'm not sure if they want to release it. Of course, there are many other open source plugins..

Registration would take you ~1 minute. Anyway, this plugin can't be used without ArkApi.

6 hours ago, Michido said:

Ark-servers.net has the source code, but i'm not sure if they want to release it. Of course, there are many other open source plugins..

Registration would take you ~1 minute. Anyway, this plugin can't be used without ArkApi.

1 Minute and one more potential unwanted newsletter (I'm traumatized  by that ). And it seems available on github, haven't seen it.

Thanks. I was more interested in the source when I did not yet looked at their API description of ark-server.net. It's all I basically need and quite simple to use. I wanted to do something similar for my let's say Linux version of this API. Then I realized that some RCON commands do crash the server even when used properly including the playerID or are not implemted at all. You apparently did it by hooking into ARK and extendet it's functionality. Unfortunaly I realized it would take tremendous amount of time without the debug symbols to hook the Linux version. Not sure if I want to go that way and do so. Windows is absolutely no option for me.

Shout out to the ark devs to fix their RCON server... We should not be required to hook your fri***king application in order to provide the functionality even documented by you.

Well maybe I can upload rewards in the obelisks.

10 hours ago, nexolight said:

Thanks. I was more interested in the source when I did not yet looked at their API description of ark-server.net. It's all I basically need and quite simple to use. I wanted to do something similar for my let's say Linux version of this API. Then I realized that some RCON commands do crash the server even when used properly including the playerID or are not implemted at all. You apparently did it by hooking into ARK and extendet it's functionality. Unfortunaly I realized it would take tremendous amount of time without the debug symbols to hook the Linux version. Not sure if I want to go that way and do so. Windows is absolutely no option for me.

Making a simple plugin for Linux shouldn't be too hard. You can use Windows binaries to get signatures for needed functions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried everything I can think of. I just CAN NOT get this to work. Ive reinstalled multiple times. 

My Json looks like this

{
  "ServerKey":"---",
  "ShopPoints":25
  "ItemsConfig":{
  "Messages":{
    "Sender":"VoteRewards",
    "Command":"/votereward",
    "RequestFailed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Request has failed, please try again later</>",
    "VoteNotFound":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your vote wasn't found</>",
    "VoteClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your reward has already been claimed</>",
    "VoteNotClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your vote has not been claimed</>",
    "SuccessfullyClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"0, 1, 0, 1\">You have successfully claimed your reward</>"
  }
}

Ive tried it with the default json and this one, and Im running out of hope here. Typing /votereward after voting does nothing but say /votereward in chat. Please help!!

23 hours ago, Meirix said:

I have tried everything I can think of. I just CAN NOT get this to work. Ive reinstalled multiple times. 

Ive tried it with the default json and this one, and Im running out of hope here. Typing /votereward after voting does nothing but say /votereward in chat. Please help!!

It means that you installed it wrong or didn't install API or your hosting provider doesn't allow it.

21 hours ago, Michido said:

It means that you installed it wrong or didn't install API or your hosting provider doesn't allow it.

I have the shop plugin, and its working perfectly. My hosting provider allows it, I would assume at least, since the shop is allowed.

To install it I just download it, and copy it into Plugins, correct?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[Bug Report]

Hello,

This plugin has worked flawlessly for us up until a few days ago.

Now every time someone votes and then tries to claim the reward in-game with /votereward it crashes the server.

Nothing has been changed on our end in config.json.

The reward players get in-game (when it worked) is Element:

Blueprint":"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_Element.PrimalItemResource_Element'

I tried spawn in Elements on server as admin just to be sure that still works so it isn't a game issue but a plugin or voting site issue.

Here is a screenshot from a server crash:

Aberration-Crash-9f37d902f995370e920b28a96c666a3a.thumb.png.ff23a60dcbdbc82c1a0fa773d8a98deb.png

It is a great plugin when it works, thanks for making it!

• 1 month later...

Hi
I have installed this on my server, but it just wont work
Writing /votereward in chat does nothing

Its my first time Using Plugins, so im pretty Blank now.... Tried severel changes to the code
The ArkAPI is installed
And I contacted my Host-support thats saying the votereward plugin looks to be installed correct

Im using severel Plugins that does work, so shouldnt be ARKapi

Can anyone look at my config, see if something is wrong??

"ServerKey":"--------------------",
  "ShopPoints":20,
  "Cooldown":30,
  "ItemsConfig":{
    "Items":[
      {
        "Amount":1,
        "Quality":0,
        "ForceBlueprint":false,
        "Blueprint":"Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Extinction/Items/Consumables/ExpPotion/PrimalItemConsumable_MediumExpPotion_Core.PrimalItemConsumable_MediumExpPotion_Core'"
      }
    ],
    "Dinos":[
      {
        "Level":300,
        "Blueprint":"Blueprint'/Game/Mods/Extinction/Dinos/Dilo/Alpha/MegaDilo_Character_BP_Core.MegaDilo_Character_BP_Core'"
      }
    ]
  },
"Messages":{
    "Sender":"VoteRewards",
    "Command":"/votereward",
    "RequestFailed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Request has failed, please try again later</>",
    "VoteNotFound":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your vote wasn't found</>",
    "VoteClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your reward has already been claimed</>",
    "VoteNotClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"1, 0, 0, 1\">Your vote has not been claimed</>",
    "SuccessfullyClaimed":"<RichColor Color=\"0, 1, 0, 1\">You have successfully claimed your reward</>"
        }
    ]
}

Archived