Official Aberration sucks

Zone42

I'm playing on an official Legacy Arbs server and it is unplayable we have a troll who is behemoth gates everywhere but legacy so no help from WC so that sucks. On our server cluster we only have 2 arbs server so that sucks and the ping dear God the ping 150 to 260 all the time so much lag and unplayable so that sucks. So rather than giving us rideable moschops how about you do something about the lag on Arbs WC. 

Abberation mechanics are the worst of all maps. The nameless and seeker mechanics are awful and they need to fix unlimited spawns of surface kings, nameless and seekers. 

Also if you disconnect in dark areas, there should be a delay when seekers start spawning to give you enough time to pick up your light dino and get on the mount. At the moment, you d/c, logon, nameless spawn, your light dino is dead and then nameless follow you forever until you reach your base to get another light dino.

Its just artificial and stupid mechanics to add some difficulty but really they act as a deterrent to playing aberration on both official and non-official servers.

Aberration official is very fun, the constant fear of losing stuff at any second makes it better than other maps. I went for a drake egg 3 days ago, stole a 150 derpd on the escape take off, had about 20 drakes pin me on the nest, killed like 10 enough to unpin and run with 650hp left in drake, there is no better way to pump adrenaline like that.

1 hour ago, davidcostarica said:

Aberration official is very fun, the constant fear of losing stuff at any second makes it better than other maps. I went for a drake egg 3 days ago, stole a 150 derpd on the escape take off, had about 20 drakes pin me on the nest, killed like 10 enough to unpin and run with 650hp left in drake, there is no better way to pump adrenaline like that.

How about the adrenaline of climbing up a wall on a drake, DC’ing, then coming back in to swimming in the pink while watching your drake cling to a wall, only to come back to the drake and it being invisible and never found again?  That’s when you know you’re having fun!

On 4/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, davidcostarica said:

What Official you play on? Ive went through so many servers and every single one of them are full of 123's who block everything, This game's community used to be so much better before the 123 wave xD

On 2018-04-08 at 3:15 AM, Frogspoison said:

So, it's not about the map itself... But about issues that affect virtually ALL legacy servers? Except for the lag. The lag is real.

On 2018-04-05 at 8:07 AM, Zone42 said:

I'm playing on an official Legacy Arbs server and it is unplayable we have a troll who is behemoth gates everywhere but legacy so no help from WC so that sucks. On our server cluster we only have 2 arbs server so that sucks and the ping dear God the ping 150 to 260 all the time so much lag and unplayable so that sucks. So rather than giving us rideable moschops how about you do something about the lag on Arbs WC. 

??

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, davidcostarica said:

I agree.  Its a much bigger rush than wyvern egg stealing for sure.

Aberration is just a joke, while i agree being killed by a pack of drakes while stealing an egg is great and all part of the game, being killed by a poisonous lake and watching the death of your lvl 220 drake because the game dcd you for the third time while gliding through the red zone is not fun. Its an outright joke and total mess of a map with so many issues that should have been dealt with before it launched, but no the developers Wildcard are just a bunch of Greedy Corporate Muppets that wanted our money fast hence why now most Aberration servers are empty Ghost Towns.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, flamron said:

How about the adrenaline of climbing up a wall on a drake, DC’ing, then coming back in to swimming in the pink while watching your drake cling to a wall, only to come back to the drake and it being invisible and never found again?  That’s when you know you’re having fun!

Go back to location, whistle follow and drake will fall off cliff. Go pick it up together with your stuff from pink water. Easy.

23 hours ago, AngryGamer666 said:

Aberration is just a joke, while i agree being killed by a pack of drakes while stealing an egg is great and all part of the game, being killed by a poisonous lake and watching the death of your lvl 220 drake because the game dcd you for the third time while gliding through the red zone is not fun. Its an outright joke and total mess of a map with so many issues that should have been dealt with before it launched, but no the developers Wildcard are just a bunch of Greedy Corporate Muppets that wanted our money fast hence why now most Aberration servers are empty Ghost Towns.

disconnects are your internet's connection problem (i had lots till i got fiber), not wildcard, if you had d3d crashed i would say yes thats a game problem. Still, is just a creature, go get another one, this is not a "quick save will let me resume where i started" kind of game, here you snooze you loose.

You say ghost towns, this dude says he spent 2 days looking for a available spot on several servers:

23 hours ago, Tiguris said:

I play on a official aber server, it took me 2 days to find a server that had some space to build on. Turns out i made the wrong choice of server. Players on this server have completely walled off the entrances to the other sections of the maps.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:24 AM, davidcostarica said:

disconnects are your internet's connection problem (i had lots till i got fiber), not wildcard, if you had d3d crashed i would say yes thats a game problem. Still, is just a creature, go get another one, this is not a "quick save will let me resume where i started" kind of game, here you snooze you loose.

While I agree regarding disconnections, fatal errors and crashes due to a code assertion are still extremely common on PC. Let's face it, on some servers, crashing/disconnecting mean death 99% of the time, (mid-air, dangerous zones, drowning in 6 inches of water, etc.) From personnal experience on Hardcore Officials, losing level 90+ characters due to a random crash, because the game is poorly coded is not only enraging, but it's Wildcard's fault plain and simple.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

Just the worst map ever. Two days playing boring same old mobs and scenery and now I am stuck between two rocks and cant get out no matter what I try. I want my money back. This is the worst experience I have ever had playing any game. Devs should be ashamed. Not to mention I lost a 102 toon trying to use the cluster coming fron rag. Had to start over on that map and this one. Garbage game.

• 2 weeks later...

So much hate.. I love this map. The colors are so vibrant. I love having a reaper queen impale me.. I found great friends within days.

Found land the first day I logged in, Found even better land within a week.

I swear some people make up excuses to be glum and unhappy.

Besides the rock drakes are beautiful. And to actually go farm for eggs and come back and hatch the product of a few hours

of work.. it's amazing.

Farming nameless for venom is boring, but it's part of the process.

Seriously give AB another shot and actually play it for awhile before throwing in the towel and complaining.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:43 AM, flamron said:

Agreed, Ab is my favorite map. Not being able to bring a Giga or Wyvern from other maps to just kill everything makes it more challenging and fun imo. If you find a good server with low ping and dont use McDonalds free wifi, you dont DC very often or at all in my experience. The adrenaline of trying to get preggers with a high level reaper without killing it or letting it ruin your week by killing your tame and you is something I cant get in the other maps.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

It is a fallacy to assume that because he couldn't find a spot to build, a ton of people play there.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Metal_Pillar

The aberration servers have currently a healthy amount of players. Ofc those that only know to ride a wyvern and a giga wont find the map atractive. Thanks to that we arent capped.

Archived