screenshot Design pics

Strop

As a PvE player and a seasoned builder, base design is crucial for a good base. I typically try to hide my crafting area in , for example, a large central column or the foundation of the base. However, you can also have a crafting room. (When it comes to the rest of the base I hope that you have decor mods.) I personally build a home rather than a base. I do this because I’m the end, why live in just a box when you can live in a mansion for the same cost of materials. I use this logic for each of my bases. Starter and advanced. (I usually start with a nice beach home and work to a modern/futuristic mansion/structure) 

As for tames, it really depends on the animal. For flyers, I try to have a landing platform(s) of some kind. On Ragnarok, I was able to use a natural one in the alpine region. 

E4A2077D-3A81-4C01-AE97-255659B7E090.thumb.jpeg.ad67cb2be7adc83e89e2e243099f92a0.jpeg

This is located around 50, 20 on the map. 

For smaller tames, like pets, lystros, etc., I will usually keep them inside the main base. (The only exception is the lystros which I keep near other tames) medium tames such as parasaurs, equus, trikes, etc. will be stored in a stable of some kind, whether it be a full structure or a roof held up by pillars. The main gathering tames, ankys, doeds, etc. will always be stored in a full structure, roof and all. Larger tames, rexes, allos, etc. are a bit more difficult. I usually tend to keep the carnivores out as guards. The large-herbivores also are kept out due to the fact that I do not wish to have to build a large enclosure, however I rarely tame those herbivores anyway.  Also, only leave safe  or contained tames on wander.

For some good tips on building, check out these links:

I hope you found this useful and if you need some inspiration, I will be posting pics on either this thread, a separate thread, or I can send you a message with some pictures. 

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent! I’m glad you found my information helpful. I am getting close to being done with my latest project, however, it’s taking time due to me grinding for materials to tame ovi. Once I have those things, pictures will probably go on this thread, however, I may post it in a separate thread for more feedback. I will also be building some other things so look out for that as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived