Community Crunch 125: Rideable Moschops, Sponsored Mod Program Update & More!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community!

Rideable Moschops Returns!

mos-small.jpg

By popular demand (and some discussion by our gameplay team) the ridable Moschops makes its return! For those who missed out, during the TLC 2 update we encountered an unintended mechanic which allowed the Moschops to be ridable. After receiving feedback from players regarding the creature and its new founded ability, we decided we wanted to make it so, but do it properly! So stay tuned for a ridable Moschops coming soon to an ARK near you! ;)

Official PC Legacy PVE Savefiles!

Download 'em here!

Attention PC PvE Legacy Survivors! We've made the current Legacy PC PVE Savefiles available to download. This has been a community request for some time from our player base as some of you have expressed interest in moving on to your own dedicated servers. The snapshot was taken on the 3rd of April 2018 and we're going to see if we can also make console PVE legacy saves available. Please keep in mind that we won't be offering this on our regular Official Network or PvP Legacy servers.

Sponsored Mod Program Update & New Wildcard Workshop Tutorials!

Hey everybody! Zen here with your dose of modding news!

I'm excited to announce a new addition to the Sponsored Mod Program this month. The joy of the hunt was always a significant aspect of ARK for me, and as far as I was concerned, taming was as much a part of that experience as the actual battle with a beast. I am delighted to see that someone has taken the mantle of modding that aspect with some significant changes. I am pleased to announce that the Immersive Taming mod will be joining our roster this month!

1251632107_preview_ImmersiveTaming_Icon.jpg

Using this mod, you will find that taming has been changed from a battle to protect an unconscious creature while you tried to keep it drugged and stocked with food suppositories to the gauntlet of gaining a creatures trust and trying to tame it in a way that imitates life a bit more.

I also have a couple of new entries for the Wildcard Workshop tutorial series today!

Tutorial #2 focuses on trying to get you into the right mindset for programming and how to look at the interaction between data, logic, and the game world. You will find some supplemental information in the thread post for this one.

In tutorial #3 we build our first mod from the from the minimal files we set up before into something that will actually work if it were uploaded to the workshop.

We will also be making some changes to the Mod Tutorial Contest. Going forward these will be more freestyle under much wider topics. For instance, Contest #3 is all about making ridiculous April Fools Day buffs! We'll also start linking all submissions in the contest thread, not just the winner, since they will all be unique

Eggcellent Adventure Returns!

large.Eggscellent.jpg.7c60ef0fa3a98f452b

Until April 10th, survivors will be able to experience the "Eggcellent Adventure" Event on all platforms!

large.Bunnies.jpg.7cec150883261849cb2b0d

During Eggcellent Adventure, survivors will be able to collect special "Bunny Eggs" across the ARK from wild Bunny Dodo's and Bunny Oviraptor's. These Bunny Eggs can paint or used in special Cooking Pot recipes to craft holiday-themed items such as Bunny Ears, a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon, are two brand new cosmetics: the Knitted Chick Hat and Egg Shell Hat for both survivor and dino!

large.EasterCosmetics.jpg.e80e3b75013a42

• Wild creatures roaming the ARKs will also find themselves feeling eggcellent, sporting bright colours of Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue.
  • Wild Dodos are replaced by Bunny Dodos  - with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable dodo eggs and 50% Bunny eggs
  • Wild Oviraptors are replaced by Bunny Oviraptors - with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable Oviraptor eggs and 50% Bunny Eggs
  • Bunny Eggs can be placed on the ground and painted
  • Bunny Eggs will expire after approximately two weeks from inventories, and placed eggs will immediately decay once the event is turned off.
  • Run your private server with '-ActiveEvent=Easter' to turn on the event
  • Running the same server without -ActiveEvent=Easter will delete all placed egg structures
  • PC players can use Steam > ARK > Properties > General > Set Launch Options and paste in -ActiveEvent=Easter to experience the event in single player/non-dedicated/player dedicated worlds. You must enable the event yourself in these modes.
  • Event is not available in Primitive Plus, or single player console worlds, non-dedicated console servers, or player dedicated console servers. Console can however spawn and use the new cosmetics with the command below.

large.dinos.jpg.76cababd7c47884e6ddc3443

New Cosmetics:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_DinoChickHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoChickHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_EasterChick.PrimalItemSkin_EasterChick'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_DinoEasterEggHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoEasterEggHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_EasterEggHat.PrimalItemSkin_EasterEggHat'" 1 0 0

Existing Items:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Skin/PrimalItemSkin_BunnyHat.PrimalItemSkin_BunnyHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_DinoBunnyHat.PrimalItemSkin_DinoBunnyHat'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemCostume_ProcopBunny.PrimalItemCostume_ProcopBunny'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Halloween/PrimalItemStructure_EasterEgg.PrimalItemStructure_EasterEgg'" 1 0 0

large.Easter-JPG.jpg.dd218b4944b30acfea0

This year we thought it would be fun to run a little egg painting contest along-side the event for those artistically inclined survivors to show off their work! You can check out the details here:

ARK is on Sale for PS4 & Xbox!

large.springeu.jpg

ARK is available on sale in the PS4 Europe region with discounts across all titles!

ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Scorched Earth

ARK: Aberration

ARK: Explorer’s Edition

ARK: Season pass

large.XboxSpringpsd.jpg.30a180a96562870e

ARK is currently on sale in the Xbox Digital Store until 9th of April 2018!

ARK: Survival Evolved - 40% off

Explorer's Edition - 40% off

and later on in Spring there will be some more awesome Xbox sales available!

ARK: 2x Evolution Event Weekend!

evo_event.jpg.454e873cfd61426e606070e1fb86b1d8.jpg

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from the 6th of April at 1 PM EST until Monday the 9th at 3 PM. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

Community Contests!

NVidia Ansel Photography Contest

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

Super Resolution Version: http://images.nvidia.com/ansel/SuperResolution/ARK-SuperResolution1/ARK__Survival_Evolved_HighRes_2016_09_01_-_14_38_36_55.html

ARK: Survival Evolved and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack now include support for NVIDIA Ansel -- a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. 

Learn more about these features from the NVIDIA blog.

Now let’s get to the contest!

There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

Four Categories

Freestyle: These can be images or videos taken using NVIDIA's new Freestyle filters! If videos are submitted, they must have a maximum duration of one minute. 

Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution, in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.

Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

And now without further ado, here are your entries!

Super Resolution!

Winner!

BlueDragon - Baby Bunny

large.5ac3c330a2fa5_BlueDragon-BabyBunny-SuperRes.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

BlueDragon - Color Run

large.5ac3c333a5d50_BlueDragon-ColorRun-SuperRes.jpg

BlueDragon - Easter Colors

large.5ac3c337114c8_BlueDragon-EasterColors-SuperRes.jpg

BlueDragon - Time for Candy

large.5ac3c33944759_BlueDragon-TimeforCandy-SuperRes.jpg

EXFIB0 - Beautiful Wings

large.5ac3c33c3cce6_EXFIB0-BeautifulWings-SuperResolution.jpg

roguewolf91 - Turbulent Skies

large.5ac3c3510686a_roguewolf91-TurbulentSkies-SuperResolution.jpg

Valoule - Threat

large.5ac3c3520b1b5_Valoule-Threat-SuperRes.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Along the Surface

large.5ac3c354a407f_WolfAmaterasu-AlongtheSurface-8x.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Easter Rex

large.5ac3c35896720_WolfAmaterasu-EasterRex-8x.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Water Runner

large.5ac3c35bee890_WolfAmaterasu-WaterRunner-8x.jpg

Freestyle!

Winner!

pitsmat - Creator of Storms

large.5ac3c36e10f42_pitsmat-CreatorofStorms-Freestyle.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

BlueDragon - Easter Chicks

large.5ac3c3601360a_BlueDragon-EasterChicks-FreeStyle.jpg

BlueDragon - Everybody likes Easter Candy

large.5ac3c363db4bf_BlueDragon-EverybodylikesEasterCandy-FreeStyle.jpg

BlueDragon - March of the Dodos

large.5ac3c367230b2_BlueDragon-MarchoftheDodos-FreeStyle.jpg

EXFIB0 - Abstract

large.5ac3c369df7fc_EXFIB0-Abstract-Freestyle.jpg

pitsmat - Boiluminous

large.5ac3c36db25eb_pitsmat-Boiluminous-Freestyle.jpg

pitsmat - Ripple

large.5ac3c374863dc_pitsmat-Ripple-Freestyle.jpg

pitsmat - Storm Scars

large.5ac3c37ab84a8_pitsmat-StormScars-Freestyle.jpg

pitsmat - Heart of Fire

large.5ac3c37215809_pitsmat-HeartofFire-Freestyle.jpg

roguewolf91 - Routine Checkup

large.5ac3c37ddf631_roguewolf91-RoutineCheckup-Freestyle.jpg

Valoule - Leap of faith

large.5ac3c3822b251_Valoule-Leapoffaith-Freestyle.png

Wolf Amaterasu - Retro Easter Bunny

large.5ac3c38a6761e_WolfAmaterasu-RetroEasterBunny-Freestyle.jpg

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!

Winner!

roguewolf91 - Above the Blazing Sands

large.5ac3c3134a2a8_roguewolf91-AbovetheBlazingSands-Panoramic360Stereoscopic3D.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

BlueDragon - Egg World

large.5ac3c30584a2f_BlueDragon-EggWorld-360.jpg

EXFIB0 - Cave

large.5ac3c3077559b_EXFIB0-Cave-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - Destination Ragnarok

large.5ac3c3097e4cb_EXFIB0-DestinationRagnarok-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - From Above

large.5ac3c30b44905_EXFIB0-FromAbove-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - Glidin'

large.5ac3c30d2de01_EXFIB0-Glidin-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - Red Drop

large.5ac3c30ed1b58_EXFIB0-RedDrop-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - Rock Drake

large.5ac3c310db4ad_EXFIB0-RockDrake-360Stereo.jpg

Valoule - Wyvern nest

large.5ac3c317acaba_Valoule-Wyvernnest2-360.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Easter Bunny Orchard

large.5ac3c31b231e8_WolfAmaterasu-EasterBunnyOrchard-360.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Easter Gathering

large.5ac3c31e17e09_WolfAmaterasu-EasterGathering-360.jpg

Wolf Amaterasu - Swampy Lagoon

large.5ac3c320ec8a8_WolfAmaterasu-SwampyLagoon-360.jpg

Freeform!

Winner!

Wolf Amaterasu - Split Picture

large.5ac3c32aa7cce_WolfAmaterasu-SplitPicture-Freeform.jpg

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

The ARKitect for Community Crunch 125 is…

Gingie and their EcoTek HQ Build!

DBsv4A4.jpg

ap6JD6h.jpg

i30sFSz.jpg

2Us4eBc.jpg

If you'd like to check out the submissions from the rest of the entrants, you can do so here:

Fan Feature!

Easter Egg by Hosscat!
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349922907

Reaper Queen doodle by Pappa John

F19401713E3C1FDA20601727B585F70A6878A627

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1344452883

Manticore by |L.F|❃FLUFFY❃✯Fr✯

83C3900EA18F91D5E30E3C3FC61A7B2CC050B460

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1347763945

Red Macaw Argentavis by Sharkcat

F3A0D7DBFA3AA225A9C5EDA2B51DD398E864C5B9

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343180812

Egyptian Vulture Argentavis by Sharkcat

3CEB459A4B13B2DFF5E1736AD713F0F8D2DA2C2F

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343157745

Yoshi by Morgengrau

025E12FB7EA6A50853C566C03F976737DA6A69BA

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1347662255

Mad Max Titan by Lilm!

MwDP1Yw.jpg

bev0Ri3.jpg

You can check out the rest of their pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/zWMIz

Penguin Pen by iAMcha0s!

o31pVj7.png

G4uC5Pu.png

You can check out the rest of their pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/bf349

The Fortnite Bus by Valoule!

tpKUJJJ.png

acw5xjg.png

Fanmade Dossiers: Introducing the Nuralagus! by Nokryn

A98E47EF44823FAF02B4E353F5ECAB4830277014

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346785808

Fanmade Dossiers: Introducing the Aurochs! by Nokryn

E459513B44C3F17ED0F98CFF65E75232693386DC

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350259935

Fanmade Dossiers: Introducing the Llama! by Nokryn

CC40CD4AEE7388BF354D0597A74696DED7039578

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343351054

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Administrator

Hey guys!

We decided to skip out on ARK Video this week and will be withdrawing it from contests going forward for now. By the submission end-period, we hadn't received many entries and think it's time we rethink the competition. We've been running it for over 2 years, have seen a lot of great entries, though we want to pull it back a bit and rethink how we handle it going forward :)

Thank you for all your video submissions over the past 2 years! If anyone has any suggestions regarding further video contests or other ideas, don't hesitate to let us know -- we're all ears :D

RIP ark Video, but yah needs fresh takes! offer chance to work on cinematics for updates with chris and team to winners or go big and offer $1000 monthly for a on winner based on a theme the team sets? so one month is favourite dinosaur = who make best favourite dinosaur video - great stuff on builds though, eco tower is amazing also screenshots competition too! not just ansel console potato boxes can still make pretty pictures too?

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, MrMcBonkers said:

Well this is a bummer for me. I just started building and editing videos to share. If the video contest is over, can there still be a video showcase? Like not to win cash or anything, just to share??

Yeah we'll likely still share em in Fan Features going forward as they'll be sent to us, but may have some different specifications for us to display em (still to be determined). I am hoping we'll be able to bring back the video contests soon though, once we know which avenue to take with them. Perhaps we'll have a theme for certain weeks, give it a longer period than a week to work on a video, etc :) 

7 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Yeah we'll likely still share em in Fan Features going forward as they'll be sent to us, but may have some different specifications for us to display em (still to be determined). I am hoping we'll be able to bring back the video contests soon though, once we know which avenue to take with them. Perhaps we'll have a theme for certain weeks, give it a longer period than a week to work on a video, etc :) 

Thank you sir

i am rlly surprised by the fact of a mod for tameing and knocking out is being added and i am also being really surprised that moschops will now be rideable... now if only we can find a way to ride purlovia's and kentro's perhaps and maybe kairku being a kind of jet water propellent in the water with there quick speed as a rideable penguin only in water similar to the salamander perhaps lol

20 minutes ago, danlillis said:

i am rlly surprised by the fact of a mod for tameing and knocking out is being added and i am also being really surprised that moschops will now be rideable... now if only we can find a way to ride purlovia's and kentro's perhaps and maybe kairku being a kind of jet water propellent in the water with there quick speed as a rideable penguin only in water similar to the salamander perhaps lol

Im an advocate for penguin propellers!??

• Like 1

I have to say that I'm gutted with the timing of you dropping the video category, I've been working non stop for over a month working on a video to enter, I had hoped to have it finished in about two weeks time.
It's the most ambitious project I have ever attempted, it took me almost 4 weeks to just make the sets :(
I started filming & editing a few days ago, I've put so much effort in so far I'm going to finish it regardless but not being able to enter it in the video competition is a kick in the gut after so much effort.
It is what it is I suppose

Just an idea for the video contest.
After working on my video entry for over a month I've realised just how much hard work goes into these videos. I think that due to the amount of time it takes to build sets, film & edit them a weekly competition is too frequent to get many entries.
Could you possibly just have a video competition once a month? This would give creators time to make their videos so you would then get more entries as & when you run the competition

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DarkRaptor13 said:

Again, some awesome sponsored mods ! And I'm here playing on console... Would be awesome to see some mods implemented into the base game, this one or S+ would definitely bring the game to a whole new level. 

S+ is already in the process of being implemented to the base game.

• Thanks 1