Electricity in the desert

Lenok

Thunderstorms can cause the power to be shut off, not sandstorms. 

Get a jerboa, learn the warning sounds it makes, and you'll know what kind of weather will hit next.

If you fear that your ACs will be turned off, just pick the egg up in time.

We do all our breeding on SE without problems. As long as you don't want to store eggs for an extended period of time you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sreta012 said:

Wind Turbines are solution....but in order to have windturbines work all the time...u need to place small platform with turbines on it in the desert where wind is blowing 100% ...and from that spot...take cables all the way to your base...that way u will have free electricity and no problem with em storms :)

Wind turbines can still be turned off by the weather.

Still I agree, I'd never use a generator on SE. It's so annoying to repair it all the time.

Electrical cables only stay live for 20 cable lengths from the turbine, unless theyve fixed that.  Also the storm only hits a specific region when it happens, the canyon and dunes seem least likely to get hit.  Ive been in many storms and only 2 ever actually hit the canyon i live in.  The jerboa does his warning regardless where it hits but only the area enveloped in the dark ion storm is actually effected.

On 14-4-2018 at 1:40 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Electrical cables only stay live for 20 cable lengths from the turbine, unless theyve fixed that.  Also the storm only hits a specific region when it happens, the canyon and dunes seem least likely to get hit.  Ive been in many storms and only 2 ever actually hit the canyon i live in.  The jerboa does his warning regardless where it hits but only the area enveloped in the dark ion storm is actually effected.

place a 1 generator on the cables and you'll have infinate powered cable lenght. the generetor doesn't have to run but I like to put gas in it and put it on the option where it will kick on if there is no other source of electricity

6 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

place a 1 generator on the cables and you'll have infinate powered cable lenght. the generetor doesn't have to run but I like to put gas in it and put it on the option where it will kick on if there is no other source of electricity

Now its just the difficulty of getting the gen hooked to the line, very picky cables.  I gave up in my turbine, it was connected and spinning and doing nothing for me.

23 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Now its just the difficulty of getting the gen hooked to the line, very picky cables.  I gave up in my turbine, it was connected and spinning and doing nothing for me.

make sure its in a 100% area, place 2 in stead of 1, when glitched go out of render and come back. Put the cables in your base first and than snap the windmills and generator on the cables, not the other way around

1 hour ago, ZeroSeconds said:

make sure its in a 100% area, place 2 in stead of 1, when glitched go out of render and come back. Put the cables in your base first and than snap the windmills and generator on the cables, not the other way around

And how do you get to place floating gens or turbines, game wont let you

build bottom 5 pillars with metal, rest up with stone, make a platform under cable and snap it, if it doesn't snap go 1 unit up/down. or move the cable 1 unit up/down 

as for the generator that can be inside your base snapped to your network, I'm guessing that you have all the cables set up 1/8 units into the top of ur foundations? generators will still snap on that

1 minute ago, ZeroSeconds said:

build bottom 5 pillars with metal, rest up with stone, make a platform under cable and snap it, if it doesn't snap go 1 unit up/down. or move the cable 1 unit up/down 

as for the generator that can be inside your base snapped to your network, I'm guessing that you have all the cables set up 1/8 units into the top of ur foundations? generators will still snap on that

I may have to try this again lol.  Least i have hope for it again, thanks.

Archived