How to properly use Daedoon (in bosses)

Boubbin

Got deadoon with around 60k in food and we just started using it in boss fights.

However, we just spawn click the healing while riding the pig through the whole match and ofcource eventually run out of food.
We usually have 500-600 dodo kibbles inside but it takes all that to get it back to full food for the next match.

I'm thinking we are doing something wrong here.
Is it enough to leave it on with "Passive healing" -activated and jump on a rex instead, will it have the same effect as spam clicking healing while riding it? Does the spam click even do anything except consume food?

I think you only need to click the right mouse button once to turn it on and once to turn it off. When I did a few consecutive boss fights we had I think 3 pigs and rotated them to give different ones a break in between the fights. I personally would not take someone off the pig and put them on a rex because if the pig starts suffering or is near death no one would know. We also had a yuti to boost our dinos too.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Use pigs to heal between fights, rexes can handle their own with a yuty

5 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Yes, you are correct, they should not even be in the fight.

They are for after battle heals only. The amount of health they heal during a battle does not make up for the loss of DPS from another Rex,Theri etc.

I agree. The between battles is the best moment to use the pig to heal your dinos.

A good pack of rexes with good saddles will do the job.

Nice answers and totally opened my mind about using the pig.

I guess the real reason why we use it is that we don't have rexes but spinos, which are 40/44 (health/dmg). In the alpha broodmother i think the pigs saved some of the spinos from certain death cause they had less than 200 hp left after the fight.

Why we use spinos?
We have 50/48 rexes also but haven't been able to find any saddle bp and only one premade rex saddle.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Boubbin said:

Got deadoon with around 60k in food and we just started using it in boss fights.

However, we just spawn click the healing while riding the pig through the whole match and ofcource eventually run out of food.
We usually have 500-600 dodo kibbles inside but it takes all that to get it back to full food for the next match.

I'm thinking we are doing something wrong here.
Is it enough to leave it on with "Passive healing" -activated and jump on a rex instead, will it have the same effect as spam clicking healing while riding it? Does the spam click even do anything except consume food?

Pigs can be used two different ways.  Actively by riding them and hitting alt attack once to turn on its healing.  In that mode it will heal 100 HP per tick until it runs out of food.  It consumed a lot of food doing this.  The heal isn't very fast and is extremely expensive.

The other way is to use Passive Healing.  Passive healing is a one-time percentage heal buff.  It costs the pig like 2k food to execute the heal.  I don't have exact numbers, but based on using it, the healing seems to be identical to that of a veggie cake.  The problem is that the healing bursts are not consistent.  The pig will use the passive heal every 30-90 seconds.  It's really helpful to have 2 pigs on passive heal to ensure the tames you're healing always have the buff.  I use this to heal up my wyverns after going egg hunting.  Raw Prime gives 50 food to pigs as well so I fill up on it from killing wyvs and force feed it to the pigs.

So, with all the above in mind, the passive heal wouldn't work in boss fights because its slow and inconsistent.  The active heal works, but is also too slow to outpace incoming damage and requires a TON of food to maintain.  You're better off having 2 pigs waiting by the obelisk to passive heal your tames when they get back from the fight. 

On 4/3/2018 at 10:46 AM, Boubbin said:

The best kibble to tame with is the Iguanadon Kibble so wouldn't that also be the best kibble to feed the Pig with as well?

Does Dodo Kibble actually give the pig as much FOOD as Iguanadon kibble?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Kibble

It states most of the way down the page in the "Using as regular food" section that the Daedon's will gain 120 food from Iguanadon Kibble but only 60 food from Dodo Kibble or other non-preferred Kibbles. So it will take twice as many. I believe Raw Meat will give 50 food so is there any point to using a kibble that only feeds for 60? There is a list of kibbles that will feed 90 that require Prime Meat Jerky but I am not sure if that still justifies it.

57 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

The best kibble to tame with is the Iguanadon Kibble so wouldn't that also be the best kibble to feed the Pig with as well?

It states most of the way down the page in the "Using as regular food" section that the Daedon's will gain 120 food from Iguanadon Kibble but only 60 food from Dodo Kibble or other non-preferred Kibbles. So it will take twice as many. I believe Raw Meat will give 50 food so is there any point to using a kibble that only feeds for 60? There is a list of kibbles that will feed 90 that require Prime Meat Jerky but I am not sure if that still justifies it.

Raw meat gives you 10 food on a daedon, cooked meat 25.

1 hour ago, Cinnamongod said:

Raw meat is 10 food, cooked meat is 25 food, cooked prime/raw mutton/raw prime give 50 food.  All of those foods have a consume cooldown of 1 second.  Kibble does not have any consume cooldown.  As such, dodo kibble will fill the pig’s food WAY faster than meat... just not as fast as kibble made from prime or iguana kibble.

23 hours ago, Brayn said:

Pigs can be used two different ways.  Actively by riding them and hitting alt attack once to turn on its healing.  In that mode it will heal 100 HP per tick until it runs out of food.  It consumed a lot of food doing this.  The heal isn't very fast and is extremely expensive.

The other way is to use Passive Healing.  Passive healing is a one-time percentage heal buff.  It costs the pig like 2k food to execute the heal.  I don't have exact numbers, but based on using it, the healing seems to be identical to that of a veggie cake.  The problem is that the healing bursts are not consistent.  The pig will use the passive heal every 30-90 seconds.  It's really helpful to have 2 pigs on passive heal to ensure the tames you're healing always have the buff.  I use this to heal up my wyverns after going egg hunting.  Raw Prime gives 50 food to pigs as well so I fill up on it from killing wyvs and force feed it to the pigs.

So, with all the above in mind, the passive heal wouldn't work in boss fights because its slow and inconsistent.  The active heal works, but is also too slow to outpace incoming damage and requires a TON of food to maintain.  You're better off having 2 pigs waiting by the obelisk to passive heal your tames when they get back from the fight. 

So let me get this straight,

We all know about the Heal that you turn on when you're riding it. It has an aura. It eats all his food.  It's 100 HP / tick,  it's practically worthless unless you're in endurance raids.

You're saying, there's a different super secret healing ability where a pig will just randomly heal a dino passively in the area?  No button click to activate?   Am I reading this right?

-K

30 minutes ago, Kayin said:

So let me get this straight,

We all know about the Heal that you turn on when you're riding it. It has an aura. It eats all his food.  It's 100 HP / tick,  it's practically worthless unless you're in endurance raids.

You're saying, there's a different super secret healing ability where a pig will just randomly heal a dino passively in the area?  No button click to activate?   Am I reading this right?

-K

Yes.  Open the action wheel on the pig.  Enable passive healing.  If there is an injured dino within a certain radius, the pig will pulse a heal.  That pulse cause a healover time buff to show up on all dinos around the pig.  On a 20k hp wyvern, it healed about 2k HP over about 30 seconds.  You can immediately turn passive healing off after the pulse and the buff will still be on the dinos.  The pig will pulse again 30-90 seconds later.  You can use a second pig on passive heal to keep the buff going on the dinos while the original pig is waiting to pulse again.

Pigs have 2 heals.  Super inefficient active heal, and a super efficient passive heal.

Archived