pvp Raiding Tips - Bullet Soakers

Generally speaking if you want to solo offline raid or are trying to make a small hole in an enemy's defenses to sneak in you'll either want a stego, reaper or bronto to soak one side of a base/portion of a wall. That's assuming if you can't find any holes to exploit (most tribes after a certain point get lazy with their defenses, keep prodding for that weak spot like an exposed wire!)

Golem is useful in the short term but not really for a long term base soak, you can still get shot off pretty easily from it. Mixed results from using one, stego and boxed paracer is all around safer. For longer engagements or straight up base sieging you want multiple brontos with boxed platforms to defend the rider, and paracers as a sort of "boarding ship". Essentially, you stick out 3-4 foundations from one side and walk up to the wall of an enemy base, and place C4 onto the wall through a window/frame or door at the end of the foundation line. Granted, it'll be difficult with server lag, and defenders sallying out to eat your tanks before you get close enough to do this but if your tribe is aggressive enough it works.

Once again, Brontos are still good for brute-forcing your way into a base, just chuck them onto a wall to soak all their bullets, but a paracer/stego is equally viable for small teams going on griefs or meatruns into a lightly defended storage base. The key is timing. You have to plan EVERYTHING out beforehand. Tribe up your members several days in advance, space out the join times so it doesn't seem like you're up to anything. The alpha won't think twice about it unless you've been blabbing your mouth on community discords/forums to the point where they recognize your name. Afterwards, grab a flyer, scout around (preferably at night, use NVGs to scout out the base). if there is an alpha on the server, chances are the caves on that server are used more or less as storage, so those might be worthwhile to check out first if you're griefing, actual bases if you've got a competent group/big raid planned. Another note is that caves are slightly more easier to soak, since you're less likely to get noticed while doing so in comparison to being out in the open at a large base.

I CANNOT stress enough the timing. You're on a race against the clock when you and your delinquent tribemates join that server. You want to be able to break into the base BEFORE the tribe in question notices you there (if you're going for a grief), because the moment they hear their turrets getting soaked they might be inclined to check it out. Raiding this is less so an issue, since it's basically who can wear down who the quickest (assuming no foul play is involved, which is highly likely to occur). 

TL;DR:Golems/Stegos for small team soaking, Paracer/Bronto for large scale soaking. Most importantly, PLAN AHEAD!

On 2018-04-04 at 5:28 AM, xEGxShinobuu said:

Generally speaking if you want to solo offline raid or are trying to make a small hole in an enemy's defenses to sneak in you'll either want a stego, reaper or bronto to soak one side of a base/portion of a wall. That's assuming if you can't find any holes to exploit (most tribes after a certain point get lazy with their defenses, keep prodding for that weak spot like an exposed wire!)

Golem is useful in the short term but not really for a long term base soak, you can still get shot off pretty easily from it. Mixed results from using one, stego and boxed paracer is all around safer. For longer engagements or straight up base sieging you want multiple brontos with boxed platforms to defend the rider, and paracers as a sort of "boarding ship". Essentially, you stick out 3-4 foundations from one side and walk up to the wall of an enemy base, and place C4 onto the wall through a window/frame or door at the end of the foundation line. Granted, it'll be difficult with server lag, and defenders sallying out to eat your tanks before you get close enough to do this but if your tribe is aggressive enough it works.

Once again, Brontos are still good for brute-forcing your way into a base, just chuck them onto a wall to soak all their bullets, but a paracer/stego is equally viable for small teams going on griefs or meatruns into a lightly defended storage base. The key is timing. You have to plan EVERYTHING out beforehand. Tribe up your members several days in advance, space out the join times so it doesn't seem like you're up to anything. The alpha won't think twice about it unless you've been blabbing your mouth on community discords/forums to the point where they recognize your name. Afterwards, grab a flyer, scout around (preferably at night, use NVGs to scout out the base). if there is an alpha on the server, chances are the caves on that server are used more or less as storage, so those might be worthwhile to check out first if you're griefing, actual bases if you've got a competent group/big raid planned. Another note is that caves are slightly more easier to soak, since you're less likely to get noticed while doing so in comparison to being out in the open at a large base.

I CANNOT stress enough the timing. You're on a race against the clock when you and your delinquent tribemates join that server. You want to be able to break into the base BEFORE the tribe in question notices you there (if you're going for a grief), because the moment they hear their turrets getting soaked they might be inclined to check it out. Raiding this is less so an issue, since it's basically who can wear down who the quickest (assuming no foul play is involved, which is highly likely to occur). 

TL;DR:Golems/Stegos for small team soaking, Paracer/Bronto for large scale soaking. Most importantly, PLAN AHEAD!

Helped a lot thanks

• 2 months later...

On cross ark you should definitely offline raid. At some point during any given day the crossark will be quiet with only a couple people. Just keep an eye on the downtime’s of your server and yes, plan it all out before hand. 

Youre gonna want to cripple them because on cross ark there are only so many places to hide. 

Map Alliances are key. 

• 2 weeks later...

Soakers:

Bronto- Pros: Mass amounts of health, can tank a lot of turrets at once, Hard to pick off if they are online

Cons: Slow, Armour Value reduced so they drop HP faster, hard to move around

PARACERS- Pros: Faster than a bronto, Still a ton of HP, Hard to pick off with the metal box, easier to move around 

Cons: Armour value is reduced, Slow(Not as much as the bronto)

STEGOS- Pros: Fast, Easy to tank, TONS of HP, Can be carried and dropped into a good position, can dc4 while riding.

Cons: Can be easily picked, gets destroyed by tek turrets, can be sniped off, if the turret is directly above you you have a chance of getting shot off 

PACHY,TRIKE- Pros: Best soaker in terms of damage resistance

cons: if hit from the back it gets destroyed, can be picked,sniped and easily munched.

I might have missed a couple f pointers but i hope it helped:)

Also, if you have the Aberration Expansion, Reapers are also a tremendously useful soaker. Their high damage resistance without charge debuff makes them a DAMN good soaker. Just be careful when you move around so you don't get shot off.

If you have a buddy, use mate-boosted Stegos, and throw 100 veggies cakes in each with an 85+ armor saddle. No base can withstand that for long if  you can offline it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, TheGamingScientists said:

I was wonder if there was a universal soaker I could use, ive used golems, stegos you name it but i was wondering if there was any preferences by the community of which one is the best to use especially for big raids.        ( 100 turrets+)

Quetzal with asc platform saddle only health pumped. If your box is well built, you can walk it and soak turret retty well looking away from the turrets. Half or more of the bullets will bounce off the box and not even hit the quetz. Head first, use pachyrhinos & trikes. Also something I rarely see people use for snything but bosses, use a yuty. Too many raid without them. If using a paracer or bronto, build a box big enough for a daeodon and driver. The food will drain quickly but every second of healing helps. Also have 3 to 5 friends firing rpg and blitz with high durability 24k & higher riot shield to place c4. That only works if their idiots when it comes to turret placement though, such as turrets that are just on the roof. 

From what I've seen on mixer sometimes you have to rush their turrets with a shield, best armor, and a rocket launcher with all of your friends, and blow up their turret's and foundations. They may have used beer, and focal chili as well. I wouldn't advise this unless you couldn't fit your soaker tames into their FOB, or hidey hole.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, xEGxShinobuu said:

Also, if you have the Aberration Expansion, Reapers are also a tremendously useful soaker. Their high damage resistance without charge debuff makes them a DAMN good soaker. Just be careful when you move around so you don't get shot off.

If you have a buddy, use mate-boosted Stegos, and throw 100 veggies cakes in each with an 85+ armor saddle. No base can withstand that for long if  you can offline it.

Do Racers get mate boosted? I thought every Dino did but my friend told me they don’t

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived