Tek Tier in mobile version

HarpazoAway

9 hours ago, HarpazoAway said:

Hey I was just wondering if Tek items are going to be available? I know boss battles were taken out so I wasn’t sure if they were going to have a new way of getting the engrams. 

Tek Tier items are not currently available, and at this time we do not have any plans to add Tek Tier.

• 3 months later...

I think bosses are too much for the devices to handle my friend, specially when people have various devices and demanding conpatibility for older devices, and this combination is a living nightmare for developers, you can't have everybody buy the newest ipad for example. I think the main step will be being able to run the game with the minimum at first. Would be great to have bosses and tech tier in the future but I honestly don't see it coming now.

• 3 months later...

I understand that u can’t add tek because u can’t think of a way to add the buttons. But at least give us like the structures I also have a way to get it other than bosses make a pursuit that has like ten pursuits in one and each time u complete it give us a new tekgram name it like THE TRIALS or something 

9 hours ago, bennyboy100 said:

I understand that u can’t add tek because u can’t think of a way to add the buttons. But at least give us like the structures I also have a way to get it other than bosses make a pursuit that has like ten pursuits in one and each time u complete it give us a new tekgram name it like THE TRIALS or something 

I’m pretty sure that, like all of the other end game content such as bosses etc, ten can’t be included due to the memory constraints of the mobile platform. They’ve done a pretty good job of translating all the different button controls of console and pc into on screen gestures. Such a good job that I far prefer the mobile controls on my iPad over my PS4 controller.

when you consider that when wild card took the game from pc over to console they only had to consider two different pieces of hardware and a set bunch of constraints programming wise, plus they had the benefit of it being their code, written by them. Where as war drum had to work with porting it to both android and iOS, of which there are so many different versions. I couldn’t even hazard a guess of how many different devices they had to make it work on a ridiculously long list of different devices, all with their own little quirks and differing specifications.  Just thinking about it gives me a headache!

so in order to get the game running (somewhat) smoothly, some aspects of the game had to be sacrificed. I’m guessing because it’s better to have a smaller (it is by no means small though!) game working smoothly across a range of devices than having a bigger game that crashes across the majority of devices.

hopefully in the future as things evolve they will be able to bring more end game things from the pc game over to mobile. Perhaps even as a seperate game in terms of maps like ragnarok or abberation. However there may be something in the contract with wild card that limits them to the island, but that’s just my own speculation.

if you are craving more from ark you could always check out the other platforms, could be fun when extinction launches

notice that the devs said they dont have plans currently for adding tek tier and bosses 

i think they will add them some time in the future when they are done with the more important things

and for anyone wanting a new map the nearest dlc coming is SE Scorched Earth Next year they said 

@ScreamingViolet@HarpazoAway

1 hour ago, Lucidd said:

notice that the devs said they dont have plans currently for adding tek tier and bosses 

i think they will add them some time in the future when they are done with the more important things

and for anyone wanting a new map the nearest dlc coming is SE Scorched Earth Next year they said 

@ScreamingViolet@HarpazoAway

Did they say that se is coming to mobile? Was that during the live stream? Couldn’t seem to connect to it, or find it on twitch afterwards either.

really wanted to see it.

7 hours ago, bennyboy100 said:

Well I can’t play other platforms as I don’t have a pc or console to play on plus it’s like 60 bucks

5 hours ago, MA006 said:

bennyboy100 me too, my parents won't let me but it. And also please add a way to build underwater without having a useless base you can't stay in. Vacume chambers add normal item is Ok for me.

Sorry guys, my bad. I forgot that there are probably kids playing this that might be in that “my parents won’t let me” type of situation.

sadly though, that doesn’t change the fact that mobile devices still aren’t robust enough in the memory department to allow them to add more to ark mobile just yet. 

Perhaps when you are parents yourselves you’ll spoil your kids rotten with all the latest video games, but I dare say you’ll also look back and realise the reasons why your parents couldn’t, didn’t or wouldn’t. Maybe, depending on your age, you could get a part time job to help save up for a PS4 or something.

On 10/27/2018 at 4:08 AM, Lucidd said:

@ScreamingViolet look in the latest dev road map it said in the last box of in the coming year it said something tht refered to SE scorched earth

Do you have a link of a screenshot?

This is the only roadmap that I’ve seen. And the devs are always saying that there are no plans to bring any other maps/ caves or mods to ark mobile

• 1 month later...

It doesn't feel right to tame any water creatures without a decent base to keep them secured and protected from the others sea life. I really would like a them to put a rush on developing a means to add in the tek vacuum cubes, along with the tek generators. Of course that also includes a means to acquire the materials for it. Of course the teleporters would be nice, but at bare minimum all the key building structures to build an underwater base(s).

• 2 months later...

I mean, it’s a new year and there is already newer tek (pun) that can handle this, and the furthest back I see that has been replied about this topic was in Oct 22 2018 that I found the most helpful in my opinion, so maybe some aspects of pc could slowly roll in, little by little, not a lot, in perspective, imagine trying to fill a bucket that is 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide, and using only an eye dropper to fill it, and drop water in every 1 day. Something like that as better technology comes into our lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived