Ice Wyvern Egg Spawn: Does gender REALLY matter?

DarkEliteH2

I had a friend tell me a crazy thing...

He said that no matter the gender of the wyvern--and we're talking ice wyverns specifically--that they'll lay eggs.

Fortunately, we found a 185 ice wyvern, Easter colors might I add, but it is a male...

Regardless of its gender, is there still a possibility of an egg spawning in? Or was what my companion said a falsehood?

On 4/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, Frogspoison said:

I'm pretty sure that the level of nearby wild wyverns has NO affect on the level on wyvern eggs, same for Rock Drakes. It's what the wiki said too.

False. While I have no understanding how Ice Wyvern works (due to fact that about most of the I been there, I don't see any ice wyverns flying around), I can say that the nest usually associates with a nearby wild wyvern/rock drake. I had found a couple of 180s from a Rock Drake Nest, and they all had the same stat, level and color. They still continue to spawn the same until the recent maintainence that resets all wild dino. I suspected there is a stuck dino, else the nest either would have despawned, or a new other egg would've appeared in place.

On Wednesday, April 04, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Vaculity said:

False. While I have no understanding how Ice Wyvern works (due to fact that about most of the I been there, I don't see any ice wyverns flying around), I can say that the nest usually associates with a nearby wild wyvern/rock drake. I had found a couple of 180s from a Rock Drake Nest, and they all had the same stat, level and color. They still continue to spawn the same until the recent maintainence that resets all wild dino. I suspected there is a stuck dino, else the nest either would have despawned, or a new other egg would've appeared in place.

Ive come to the same conclusion.

Ive only ever had a female ice wyvern near the nests, i do know i lured it near nest (wasnt even on it, like same render) went out of render quick, back back 5 mins later and an egg was there. Went back to base for like 30 mins and repeat. Same female, same egg (also same exact stats and colour on every hatch. I farmed 5 eggs, hatched two myself and gave 3 to friends - same.) 

As for the male theory.. you have a male there. Lure it near nest (i used one closest to green) then leave render, wait a bit come back,,if it isnt there leave again and check.

Report back to us on findings :)

• 2 weeks later...

My ally tranqed Drakes and Wyverns to check for stats once (females and males alike and both layed eggs) and took the corresponding lvl eggs to see what would be the result. They always ended up delivering the exact same Drakes/Wyverns stat/colour-wise, so it's basically an exact copy of the Drakes and Wyverns that "layed" the egg, don't know about gender though.

Of course it's not an exact science, cause the lvl that layed the egg might've died and it could happen that a Drake/Wyvern of the same lvl is flying around when getting the egg.

From my personal experience I've found more eggs that seem to have been "laid" by a nearby male. Certainly during the easter event I've seen easter coloured males and then picked up a corresponding level and type of egg and had it hatch the same colour as the male I saw near the egg and there were no females of the same type/ level/ colour nearby.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Speaking from my own experiences, 99.9% certain that gender is not relevant with wyverns, definitely always find matching eggs to levels in scar, if you dont then just clear the scar, grab and eat/keep the eggs you find and when they respawn look again...

but just because you see a high level does not mean it has spawned an egg.. best method for me is to just keep killing all the dragons using a strong lightning wyvern can stay there for hours and get a ridiculous amount of eggs.

100% does not work same as rock drakes, rock drakes you can literally pick the same 190 egg all day long, unless someone would like to enlighten me on how to do it with the wyvern eggs  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived