The ability to self-moderate.

jrulie101

I think moderation is key to any community; and I respect all moderators for having to take part of that job despite all the junk you have to sort through in a day. I've noticed that whenever I post; I cannot delete the post, nor can I move the post to another channel. I would appreciate moderator privileges but over my own account rather than over the entire community. I believe that if a community moderator has to police something up here then there is a problem. There is a problem, because the member who had the ability should have policed him/herself up first before a community moderator got involved. We know the rules here. Self-Action should be a way to discretely clean things up without having to take a warning. 

Community Moderator + Self Moderator = Win|Win. We should always favor those positions.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, jrulie101 said:

I think moderation is key to any community; and I respect all moderators for having to take part of that job despite all the junk you have to sort through in a day. I've noticed that whenever I post; I cannot delete the post, nor can I move the post to another channel. I would appreciate moderator privileges but over my own account rather than over the entire community. I believe that if a community moderator has to police something up here then there is a problem. There is a problem, because the member who had the ability should have policed him/herself up first before a community moderator got involved. We know the rules here. Self-Action should be a way to discretely clean things up without having to take a warning. 

Community Moderator + Self Moderator = Win|Win. We should always favor those positions.

I believe most forums on the internet don't allow users to "move" their own posts. Also, those forums that do allow users to delete their own posts usually are only able to delete the last post they made if no-one has replied.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived