Lost dinos

Strop

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Strop said:

Found 1 eventually while out exploring. Still lost the other. Im going to use the tracker on  all of them from now on.

here's some tips

Keep flyers on passive. use plant x or land based dino's to protect them from wild's. 

Build a box and put a small ridable dino in it. Whistle follow all or spyglass and whistle follow one to anything you want to leave outside on neutral, so it follows that dino. That way they'll defend the compound and come back. Just remember to whistle them to stop following before you take them out. Nothing like hopping off a Theri to grab something and then trying to get back on as it's running back to its follow point. xD

Your mount on your travels (again non flyer) that you can be knocked off of should also be set to neutral and to follow you. don't know how many times I was saved from a kapro because of this. 

Trackers, in my experience, are 50/50 to work. 

On 4/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

here's some tips

Keep flyers on passive. use plant x or land based dino's to protect them from wild's. 

Build a box and put a small ridable dino in it. Whistle follow all or spyglass and whistle follow one to anything you want to leave outside on neutral, so it follows that dino. That way they'll defend the compound and come back. Just remember to whistle them to stop following before you take them out. Nothing like hopping off a Theri to grab something and then trying to get back on as it's running back to its follow point. xD

Your mount on your travels (again non flyer) that you can be knocked off of should also be set to neutral and to follow you. don't know how many times I was saved from a kapro because of this. 

Trackers, in my experience, are 50/50 to work. 

Really grateful for your time. Ill be messing around with some of these ideas.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:31 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

This is a great technique, have used it before and it makes your base safer and easier to manage. Also, remember his point about traveling, I've gotten myself killed in the wilderness a few times because I forgot to change the follow setting before leaving the base.

Archived