Which Dinos do you no longer try to tame?

Aushegun

As the title says. which dinos have you either given up trying to tame, never had an interest in taming, or you just won't even waste your time on anymore?

My list

NO LONGER TAME or ONLY Tame because of Kibble Farming-  

Achatina, Araneo, Archaeopterx, , Compy,  Dunkleosteus,  Equus, Gallimimus, , Dolphins, Carnos, , Kentros, Megaloceros, Mesopithecus, Microraptor, Moschops, Pachy, Pegos, Procoptodon, Sarco, Purlovia, Wooly Rhino, 

NEVER TRIED TO TAME, no interest

Chalicotherium

Dimetrodon

Diplodocus

Eels

Kairuku

Liopleurodon

Manta

Mantis

Hesperonis 

Pachyrhinosaurus

Titanosaur

TRIED TO TAME, But gave up

Troodons  (I wasted so much time trying to get them to eat my tames. Now I kill them on sight.)

Megalania 

Onyc

Phoenix (cant ever find one)

No longer tame:

Theri, bear, wolf, spino, megalosaur, megalodon, megaloceros, argent, ptera, featherlight, bulbdog, ravager, glowtail, drake ("tame"), achatina, dung beetle, all imprint kibble creatures, and many more.

No interest:

Rex (probably pretty alone with this one), thyla, titano, lio, megalania, hesperornis, penguin, eel, moschops, spider, archaeopteryx, scorpion, compy, diploca, diplodo, hyaenodon, ichthyosaur, iguanodon, kapro, sarco, kentro, mesopithecus, megatherium, microraptor, pego, pelagornis, purlovia, troodon.

Gave up:

None yet. 

Hmmm... No longer tame because I don't need more of them are: Argentavis, Mantis, Tapejara, Quetz, Basilosaurus, Parasaur, Trike, Sarco, Gallimimus, Giganotosaurus, Direwolf, Dire Bear, Procoptodon, Gigantopithecus, Griffin, Mosasaurus and Raptor.

Creatures I won't ever tame again because they just suck (in PvE): Archaeopteryx, Arthropleura, Diplodocus, Pegomastax, Purlovia, Pachycephalosaurus, Kaprosuchus, Microraptor & Hesperornis (screw these golden eggs!)

Creatures I won't tame because the taming procedure is too expensive or far beyond stupid: Rock Elemental, Titanosaurus, Troodon, Phoenix & Tusoteuthis

Never tamed: Onyc, Liopleurodon & Electrophorus

Won't ever stop taming until I got my super-special-one of these: Rex, Spino & Therizino

No Longer Tame/ Kibble use only:

Dilophosaur, Pachy, Carno, Sarco, Stego, Pulmonoscorpius, Oviraptor, Megalosaurus, Dodo, Pteranodon, Carbonemys, Parasaur, Lymantria, Pelagornis, Dimorphodon, Achatina, Beelzebufo, Compy, Giant Bee, Iguanodon, Mesopithecus, Morellatops, Pegomastax, Phiomia, Sabertooth, Sarco, Stego, Titanoboa, Wooly Rhino

Never Tried/ No Interest:

Archaeopteryx, Ichthyornis, Onyc, Vulture, Diplocaulus, Dunkleosteus, Electrophorus, Liopleurodon, Manta, Mosasaurus, Piranha, Plesiosaur, Tusoteuthis, Araneo, Arthropluera, Chalicotherium, Diplodocus, Gallimimus, Gigantopithecus, Hesperornis, Kaprosuchus, Kentrosaurus, Mantis, Megalania, Moschops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Purlovia, Terror Bird

Tried, Gave Up:

Phoenix, Basilosaurus, Dimetrodon, Equus

Really never go into the water. Either really boring or super deadly. As single player not a lot of desire to explore. Don't know of anything to make me want to go underwater that bad. My list probably change a little if I had a purpose to go underwater. Never played Aberration so none of them yet.

Used to have to tame an animal to unlock its dossier, since they changed that I really don't tame that much for the sake of it so I don't tame most animals from lack of interest. I tame utility/farm animals, then whatever I need to tame the animals I want. Mostly I'm only interested in spinos, as far as collecting/breeding goes. The nice thing about moving to official is that I now have the option to simply buy/trade for animals I don't feel like investing in myself and plan to make full use of that once I'm up and running.

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

No more otters or Hesperonis, the mechanic of holding fish and feeding it to a either on console is infuriating.  Did one each of the aggressive passive tames and will never do them again as none are worth the effort to tame and have no practical use.

I totally agree. I play PS4, and the feeding mechanic is about 99% impossible. I've never wasted so much time as I did trying to get my first otter.  

On 3/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, Aushegun said:

As the title says. which dinos have you either given up trying to tame, never had an interest in taming, or you just won't even waste your time on anymore?

My list

NO LONGER TAME or ONLY Tame because of Kibble Farming-  

Achatina, Araneo, Archaeopterx, , Compy,  Dunkleosteus,  Equus, Gallimimus, , Dolphins, Carnos, , Kentros, Megaloceros, Mesopithecus, Microraptor, Moschops, Pachy, Pegos, Procoptodon, Sarco, Purlovia, Wooly Rhino, 

NEVER TRIED TO TAME, no interest

Chalicotherium

Dimetrodon

Diplodocus

Eels

Kairuku

Liopleurodon

Manta

Mantis

Hesperonis 

Pachyrhinosaurus

Titanosaur

TRIED TO TAME, But gave up

Troodons  (I wasted so much time trying to get them to eat my tames. Now I kill them on sight.)

Megalania 

Onyc

Phoenix (cant ever find one)

I've started and stopped taming high level Megalania about fifteen times at this point.  The nail in the coffin for me was when I decided to try to get an easy tame by just grabbing one on ragnarok and a group of Allosaurus that somehow found their way onto the beach ambushed me as I was refilling the Megalania's torpor.

In all honesty the only dinos you actually need to bother taming are Wyverns for transport, rexes for boss fights, yutyrannus for the buff, and 1 berry Dino of your choince(mine is the Bronto).  Everything else is just cosmetic with the exception of a few boss niches like the megatherium and therizinosaur.

If I were talking about what I would bother to tame on a PVP server when I am trying to keep a low profile, most of those creatures would be off the list from size just alone.  The few times I have had success playing on a server instead of single player it has always been by taming Allosaurus since they are so small and can fit through dino gates.

My biggest problem with ark is that there is little incentive to tame anything other than the rex for any reason other than cosmetics.  I wish we had other large carnivores with at least 900+ HP that could actually be used on boss fights or that the herbivore equivalents didn't take 10 plus hour tames without kibble.

2 hours ago, Imlostbud said:

hyaenodon's , thats the big 1 for me, it must be one of the most frustrating passive tames i have ever attempted, and to do a 150 and get it pefect, omg, i dont think its worth it, cause at the end of the day, you will almost never need 1 in PVE

In PvE you maybe need 20% of the creatures that are available... I love my Hyaenodon pack. They are cute and super fun to hunt with!

Pointless tames

Too many pointless tames to point out , especially in a PVP server. TLC's still required for a lot more dinos.  A lot of dinos are somewhat useless and require a lot of narcs and effort to tame. Etc Terror bird, megalania. I think the terror bird could be a lot of fun in PVP so would require buffs and a rework.

On 31.3.2018 at 8:04 PM, Lochwood said:

Pointless tames

Too many pointless tames to point out , especially in a PVP server. TLC's still required for a lot more dinos.  A lot of dinos are somewhat useless and require a lot of narcs and effort to tame. Etc Terror bird, megalania. I think the terror bird could be a lot of fun in PVP so would require buffs and a rework.

Yeah! I'd like to see TLC on the Terror Bird. They are one of my favourite mounts atm to jump around but they need a melee buff/flock bonus and a secondary attack (maybe some kind of kick). :)

Hey guys, I love statistics like this. I figured it'd be great if we could see it as a chart - what do you think? Anyone else interested? :D

I made a quick suggestion for a google forms, let me know if you like it or not, if I'm missing something (apart from most of the creatures xP ) or if I can improve it somehow! Main thing, I suppose: should I separate for PvP/PvE and/or make a question about it so that answers can be separated on that information?

When I feel it's finished, I'll just add all the creatures, delete any responses and post it here for you to fill in and help collecting the statistics - who knows, it might even be helpful to the devs and help us get a better game ;)

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzWfkemY-BoiQOFwbQYc4fSNS95J-aCVdaoXqglPG2UfBMWw/viewform

While I plan on taming everything at some point I currently have not attempted to tame these dino's for lack of usage in PvE (non-abberation);

Arthropluera, Compy, Diplocaulus, Diplodocus, Electrophorus, Hesperonis, Kairuku, Kaprosuchus, Liopleurodon, Manta, Megalania, Onyc, Pegomastax, Purlovia, Titanosaur, and Troodon

I see a use for the following but either just haven't needed to tame them yet or something else does the job better/does more jobs;

Baryonyx (I was on the island during legacy when wolves were king, haven't needed them since going to Ragnarok though I have knocked out several looking for epic stats)

Chalicotherium, Equus

Gigantosaurus (These are a main focus of people and i'll never breed them to the point someone else will get them first so easier to just buy an egg if I want one)

Megalosaurus, Moschops, Paracer, Phoenix, and Titanoboa.

I've knocked out or started to passive tame a few of these but have either ran into not having food requested, stupid Moschops, (can we get more sources for prime fish then hoping to see a Leed or a slim chance at prime from a salmon with a sickle?) or they have had underwhelming stats. I just knocked out a 150 Paracer and it had 9 points in HP

There's a fairly big list on what I rarely tame anymore for either lack of utility or because i play official I try to focus on necessities to keep server cap down. 

I knock out a bunch of stuff though just to check stats from time to time because if I can find a 35 point pre-tame stat, it's definitely worth a tame. 

Archived