quetzal Quetzal Spawns/Locations

SirPeter

So I have come across two quetzals on Ragnarok. I tamed one and killed the other. One was around LAT-25, LONG-45 ish. That valley between the volcanic area and the beaver sanctuary/mountain. I tamed that one. The other I do not remember specifically but believe it was in a different location. It was such a low of level I killed it. That was weeks ago and since then I haven't seen another quetz anywhere. Are they similar as on the island where once they spawn they all move to a certain point in the map? Anyone know of odd places they have found them or know popular places they can be found at? I can pretty much find EVERY creature but quetzals now. I even have a unicorn, but have only ever seen two quetzals. I am almost done making my kibble farm but am lacking a male quetz and my female lays eggs so slow, needs mateboost. With oviraptor only have had two eggs total since I got quetz two-three months ago.

Used to see them regularly but as of late ive had issues locating them. One typically spawns over the beaver ponds by the castle, hot springs valley, and murder snow near the larger frozen lake with  the crystals under the Ice. The one in the murder snow flys basically across the ground so it' super easy to solo. 

i have seen them over the snow and viking bay heading to blue ob, from the beaver dams above viking bay heading to murder snow, in murder snow, and murder snow to redwood, I even seen one head over that mountain into the desert. It's a centralized area so not too bad to find them and they seem to spawn more frequently to me then I seen on the island. 

Odd I have searched like crazy in many of those areas, but not all so I'll keep looking. Perhaps I just need to reset the dinos, I just hate having to do it though it takes away the fun of the game. I would love a console command to let players query how many of a creature is present on the map that way I know if I should just destroywilddinos or keep looking. I know that's not much better but would be a nice ability for time saving purposes.

I take a bunch of dinos on a walk. Castle to volcano and back with a bunch of battle rex or dinos I'm just trying to train and wipe anything and everything is see. Eventually one spawns. It' painful sometimes but just do some dino genocide until one pops.  My experience is on an unofficial nitrado server for Xbox. 

16 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

I take a bunch of dinos on a walk. Castle to volcano and back with a bunch of battle rex or dinos I'm just trying to train and wipe anything and everything is see. Eventually one spawns. It' painful sometimes but just do some dino genocide until one pops.  My experience is on an unofficial nitrado server for Xbox. 

Thanks, I think that is a good suggestion. I don't think creatures respawn correctly for single player as I did a destroywilddinos yesterday and it was awesome. I saw things other than parasaur, trikes, and stegos again. For whatever reason those three where everywhere and allos, rexes, quetz, gigas, brontos, and so on weren't respawning. Yuty was only larger dino that I would see come back after killing it. I hate having to use commands to get the game to play right. Next time it starts to seem a little off I'll do that before hand otherwise I will have to accept that a weekly/monthly destroy wild dinos command will be part of life. 

11 hours ago, SirPeter said:

Thanks, I think that is a good suggestion. I don't think creatures respawn correctly for single player as I did a destroywilddinos yesterday and it was awesome. I saw things other than parasaur, trikes, and stegos again. For whatever reason those three where everywhere and allos, rexes, quetz, gigas, brontos, and so on weren't respawning. Yuty was only larger dino that I would see come back after killing it. I hate having to use commands to get the game to play right. Next time it starts to seem a little off I'll do that before hand otherwise I will have to accept that a weekly/monthly destroy wild dinos command will be part of life. 

That's always my plan B. I run the servers but don't always want to play God lol. I wiped both after getting the Easter update simply to refresh spawns to get the new colours and such, other than that I'll do it the hard way.

Single player was bad for over population and diluted dino selection after a few days, among other things, which is why I have my own servers now lol. 

According to the Spawn map for Ragnarok, Quetzals are on their own spawn zone, which is located through most of Northern Ragnarok. While going Quetzal hunting, I tend to find most of mine either above the Beavers near the swamp castle, or in the Volcano region, but I have seen them above southern Highlands, the western portion of the coastal Redwoods, above the Canyon, above Murder Snow, and above the Ice Cave area.

I have never seen them in the southern portion of Ragnarok however, so just stick to the Northern portion and you'll likely find a few.

Yea it was definitely a spawning issue. It seems in single player at least dinos don't spawn the same or at the very least the same mechanic that works well on servers doesn't work as well on single player for how they spawn. After a destroy wild dino command I found them easily. I had indeed been looking in the correct locations they just were not there. Unfortunately I'll have to add that command in every couple weeks to keep the dinos on Ragnarok diverse so it's not all parasaurs, trikes, and stegos like it was getting to before. 

13 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Yup. Do note that every time the Official servers reset (Generally once every two weeks or so), the dinos themselves are also wiped. So on SP, get used to wiping dinos on a weekly basis to have it akin to officials.

Did not know that. Thanks a lot! Makes me feel a little better that it's not really my single player game so much. Sounds like how they have spawning set up really isn't designed to last without maintenance. 

Archived