Why do people think Therizinosaurus' ignore saddle armor?

MTek9

1 hour ago, MTek9 said:

Ive tested this on 6 different types of animals with and without saddles and the saddle proved to reduce the main attack dmg of the theriz every single time. 

Not once did it hit for the same amount as it hit when the animal had no saddle

Just to satisfy my curiosity did a little test:

Therizino with 1007% melee (no rider buff or mateboost)

Rex 999% melee (no rider buff, no mateboost)

3 unclamied non-mateboosted mammoths, one unsaddled, one with stock saddle, one with 150 armor saddle.

8f7QDt4.png

aside from odd "crits" (first number in results, hard to tell why or how it happens, looks random/chance-based with a little bit of effect of angle of attack) both rex and therizino do occasionally, it is obvious that Therizino's normal attack does not follow armor progression for dinos while other attacks and rex do:

Damage= raw damage*25/(25+armor)

That means that THerizino does have armor piercing property on its normal claw attack, although it is not a 100% ignore.

And Therizino is also more efficient than Rex of comparable melee against even stock saddles.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:48 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Just to satisfy my curiosity did a little test:

Therizino with 1007% melee (no rider buff or mateboost)

Rex 999% melee (no rider buff, no mateboost)

3 unclamied non-mateboosted mammoths, one unsaddled, one with stock saddle, one with 150 armor saddle.

8f7QDt4.png

aside from odd "crits" (first number in results, hard to tell why or how it happens, looks random/chance-based with a little bit of effect of angle of attack) both rex and therizino do occasionally, it is obvious that Therizino's normal attack does not follow armor progression for dinos while other attacks and rex do:

Damage= raw damage*25/(25+armor)

That means that THerizino does have armor piercing property on its normal claw attack, although it is not a 100% ignore.

And Therizino is also more efficient than Rex of comparable melee against even stock saddles.

My test proved it has no Pierce. I'll retest today and take SS. I'll even record actually

7 minutes ago, Zederia said:

that's not true, I can not count the number of times I died on a dino with a theri attacking me, and not my dino and not with a "headbutt"

wild theriz do headbutt attack once every few claw attacks - it is the only one that damages the rider.

Anyway Theriz being able to attack rider is completely different mechanic and has nothing to do with its claw attack having armor pierce property. The other notable creature that has armor piercing as well is Manta but it doesnt damage the rider, in case you wanted to draw parallel between the two. Also dimorphodons can attack rider but dont have armor piercing property on their attack.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

wild theriz do headbutt attack once every few claw attacks - it is the only one that damages the rider.

1: they don't have a headbutt
2: I was decimated by CLAW attacks
3: I was not riding a rex, or any big dino I was typically on a wolf, with at least 2 pack mates, and EVERY attack hit me

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Dps is higher because bear right click is slow, which lets the giga rage bar more time to drain?

I don’t believe the DPS is actually higher unless the Therizinosaur is actually hitting through armor. I’m pretty sure this has been researched before, Therizinosaur has less dps than the Rex and bear.

Archived