Ideas to Make SE competitive on Crossplay

Claximus

I play on the crossplay official cluster and I main scorched earth. I have several issues now that we’ve entered the end game content. We desperately need more man power! Especially on the cluster. Scortched earth is so vulnerable to the other maps because our alpha probably couldn’t even take on the 4th or 5 largest tribe on Rag for example. Not only did we start 1000+ days behind, but our server pop barely reaches 15 people. 

So I wanted to reach out with suggestions that I think would boost server pop while still maintaining a good degree of hardship that we enjoy. 

1.) revamp the renewable energy aspect: I think the idea of windmills are great, and generator decay would be fine if windmills were a suitable alternative. However, Ultimately we have no means of 100% reliable power. Not even in the desert. So no cloning machines ever. And even if you want to use windmills they only kinda work on 30% of the map which sucks if you really liked a certain location. Finally, it’s incredibly silly that I’m trotting around on a Rex with lazerbeams on its head, but I’m still maintaining generators like I’m an NPC from Fallout.

My solution is a couple new engrams for SE that would ultimately boost server pop, but primarily make sense of renewable energy in SE. First we need a downtime battery. We have those today, Elon Musk makes Huuuge downtime battery’s all the time. This will help eliminate generators altogether just like we actually want to do in real life. And secondly, a solar panel. We have lots of Sun in SE, let us use it! This would open up new areas of the map like green ob, which is nearly uninhabited on my server. 

2.) unique Dino’s: you let Rag have all our good Dino’s. So there is no reason to be on SE when you can just go to rag. Aberration has awesome unique Dinos that they actually police, bogart, and sell cluster wide. Sure we have “better” access to RE and dragons, but not the only access. My primary request would be a substitute for a Quetz on SE. You gave Abberation the crab, but our only choice is to get Quetz’ from the island. In fact, I use a quetz for mining, a mammoth for gathering wood, and a bronto for gathering berries.... not to mention the kibble for both the Argy and the Paracer also have to be imported. Please make SE self sufficient with its Dino game and kibble tree.

3.) Make deathworms tamable. Just do it, everyone will love it. 

Archived