Kibble Farming Question

Antimatter

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question with regards to some effective ways on generating eggs from tamed creatures?  Primarily interested in what the best way for creature to generate non - fertilized eggs for use in kibble (ie: my tamed Rexes primarily).  I have read some things here and there, wondering if having them on wander helps? or if it is just on a timer of sorts that they pop them out every now and again?

Any insight or best practices would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Antimatter

To add to the above, you also need to be within render distance of your kibble dinos.  I just make sure to put my kibble farm near my breeding area because that is where I spend most of my time.  You don't necessarily have to be right there with the kibble farm, but I find that I check them more frequently and get a lot more eggs if I am pretty close. 

Let me add on to what everyone else has said. Find yourself a "wilderness" spot. Females will lay eggs CONSISTENTLY without being mate boosted. Add an ovi or 2 to the mix and it's even better. Add a male and you will pick up more eggs than poop. Just for reference, dimetrodon eggs have always been difficult to get. I added an ovi and a male for 2 females. In the coarse of a day, I'm up to about 30 eggs. 

I have 400+ compy eggs from 2 females. Hundreds of scorp eggs from 2 females and going on 100 mantis eggs from 2 females and 1 male. I just started new servers about 2 months ago when I moved from legacy.  

TLDR find yourself a wilderness spot to build at

Archived