Hey,

So I recently purchased Ark on the PS4 (spring sale, 2018) and have a few questions I hope a dev could answer or provide some feedback for the future.

For details, I play Ark on the PS4 Pro, couch co-op with my girlfriend.

As it currently stands, there is a limited distance for tethering on non-dedicated servers and single player (co-op splitscreen). of 250m which is very low for an exploratory game. I have looked into renting a Nitrado dedicated server to play with friends and girlfriend (couch co-op/splitscreen) but it seems that this option is not available. 

I understand that having an adjustable slider to increase the tether distance may put some strain on the system hardware, but why is the PS4 Pro console under the same software umbrella as a PS4. The hardware upgrade within the Pro should be more reliable for hosting the system demands from the game, at least to a degree on increasing the radius if not eliminating it entirely.

Secondly, why are players who rent a Nitrado rentable dedicated server not allowed to couch co-op. For my situation, all I want is a maximum of 4 players on my private server. If I’m dishing out the money, and it’s a player-rented server, why are these restrictions in place?

My problem is as it stands, there has not been a solution for players that have the same issues that I am experiencing. With the recent sale of the game, the player base will significantly increase, thus the demand for solutions to these problems will drastically increase as well.

Please Wildcard, address at least one of these issues in a hotfix. You’re really hurting the player base and introducing these solutions before putting out new content will create a larger player base and increase revenue.

tldr; need to increase or eliminate radius of tethering in co-op, PS4 Pro should not have same limitations as PS4, private rented Nitrado servers should allow co-op splitscreen 

17 minutes ago, Djm2003 said:

You best bet is if you have an old ps4 run a dedicated server off that, and that will clear up the things you want to do, btw you do not need to by another copy of the game

Yeah I’ve read this elsewhere, but unfortunately I do not have another PS4 to be able to do so. But even still, I don’t believe it should resort to that to be able to play this game the way that so many players want to play it.

15 hours ago, Schlorghan said:

I agree. Even if they introduce a slider for tether distance (at least  max of 1500m) that could potentially slow the system or make it work harder, they should add it but with a warning at least. I would take the risk.

Yeah I agree considering that this was an accidental option for players in the past before they removed it, and the fact that it wasn’t an issue performance wise for many players. 

My argument is that a PS4 Pro could handle it much better than a regular PS4. Perhaps different slider options for each system? 

Regardless I don’t like that my upgraded console being lumped in with a lesser performing system.

On 3/28/2018 at 12:31 PM, Auronspectre said:

Regardless I don’t like that my upgraded console being lumped in with a lesser performing system.

I also have a Pro and I feel the exact same way. It's like lumping Wild Card in with a cash grabby studio like Hi-Rez. Actually that's too accurate lol. 

Ps4 Pro is in the same tier as the Xbox One X. From what I've seen, ark runs pretty crappy on everything. Least crappy on high end pc obviously but some people say it runs second least crappiest on Ps4 Pro and looks better than Xbox One X. I decided on the Pro over the One X after watching a youtube video pitting them against each other. Idk if I can link the video here, but it's the easiest one to find and there are others. 

BTW, @Djm2003said you can play ark on 2 ps4s with only one disc. I just purchased a second ps4 and only have one copy or ark. How can I do it and is it easy? It's always required me to put the disc in and I haven't found a way to get a digital copy without buying it. 

yes all you have to is 1.make a new account on the new ps4, 2. then add the current account on the new ps4, ("you may have to set new ps4 as primary, I don't remember, I would try without it first") but in your main account on the new ps4 download the games, 3.then when you switch users on new ps4, games will be there, all you should have to do is start the game wile signed in the new user on new ps4. then run dedicated server. I hope I didn't miss anything it has been about 2/3 years since I last did it...….Crap!! I type all this out then reread, you have the disc copy......you might be screwed unless you get another disc, im sure game stop has some thing cheap you didn't say you had the disc version , unless I missed that as well.

Edited by Djm2003