PixARK Now Available on Steam Early Access & Xbox Game Preview!

Jen

On 3/27/2018 at 11:41 PM, Jtmorris said:

Oh man the Xbox version is brutal. The whole thing is unplayable. The UI is crap, slow, and tedious to use. On top of that, no split screen. One can play, but everyone else just has to watch? No thanks. There is no possible way someone tested this game on Xbox and said "Yep, that's good."

Probley just using the EA crutch to say " hey guys it's still in development" 

20 hours ago, Zederia said:

Let's make one little notice, WC is promoting it on their site, think about how that looks to the average person. also, they say "Pixark now available" and no mention of Snail Games till deep in the post. Same with the other ports we've had about ports/side projects. not everyone will read articles all the way though. Snail games isn't mentioned in any aggressive manner, it's hidden and buried in pictures

edit: it's also not in the trailer, at all

This isn't new, ESO was made by Zenimax and not Bethesda because, Zenimax is a sister company so they have the ability and access to do so. This game is no different and by it being created by "snail games" it is made with a different dev crew and just like eso was made by a different dev crew. Zenimax used code from the devs at Bethesda too so this shouldn't be a shocker. 

In short this has been done before and it will be done again. If you don't like the game don't buy it pure and simple but, don't be surprised if wildcard supports snail games.

• Facepalm 1

On 3/28/2018 at 5:18 PM, JellyBeanlover said:

I feel like this should be free to play. This seems like a grab for you money. There just trying to get all the money they can. I dont  want to sound rude or mean to the devs of both company's but this is ridiculous. Just focus on the game that everyone likes. The real Ark. It needs fixing so bad. And i feel like this is there back up to just keep grabbing peoples money. Please realize what you guys are doing. If this comes out of early game preview and is more then 25$ ive lost all hope in the company and i want to keep playing ark on xbox one but its so hard with how pvp is treated.

This game won't affect ark's progression as it's made by a separate dev crew. As far as a grab for money that has yet to be decided. As the game has made a large amount from sales there upkeep for servers is outrageous. So overall I'm not surprised they are trying to make money off something they made to sell. They are a business like anyone else and at the end of the day they have bills to pay.

However releasing it into EA is very shady as they have a huge jump start and with far less effort will be able to make a full release of the game. With the game being in EA I have a feeling it will be slow to progress and more then likely will only if ever take about 2 years to come out of EA. 

Scooby2

Tried quoting you but don’t know how it works after hitting “quote.”

Are you on xbox?  I was going to try this game out until normal Ark starts working for me again.  So it seems like it may not be worth more money yet.  After I read your post I looked on YouTube and it seems Xbox version is pretty buggy.  

It seems pretty clear to me that this is supposed to be the children's version of Ark:SE. With item names like "Sleepy Arrows" I don't see how it could be any other way. Which is fine, great, I hope it sells well for them. As far as I'm concerned, Snail and WC are one and the same - which means absolutely nothing, because as long as the WC devs are still working on Ark:SE I am 100% indifferent when it comes to other Ark titles.

All that being said, I won't be buying PixArk. I played and played and played and finally got bored with Minecraft years ago, I can't imagine why I'd want to play this. I think they're a little late getting into the voxel world genre. 

54 minutes ago, Gorby1 said:

It seems pretty clear to me that this is supposed to be the children's version of Ark:SE.

I'm not sure why you're referencing Scorched Earth specifically, but yes this looks to be very accessible to children, although like Minecraft I suspect a huge portion of their player base will be adults.  You don't sell 53,000 copies a day, and become the 2nd most popular game in history, just catering to children.

That being said, when my 12 year old daughter (who has played ARK "and" Minecraft) first saw this game her eyes got as big around as saucers as she pulled up a chair.  I take that as a good sign.  :D

2 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I'm not sure why you're referencing Scorched Earth specifically, but yes this looks to be very accessible to children, although like Minecraft I suspect a huge portion of their player base will be adults.  You don't sell 53,000 copies a day, and become the 2nd most popular game in history, just catering to children.

That being said, when my 12 year old daughter (who has played ARK "and" Minecraft) first saw this game her eyes got as big around as saucers as she pulled up a chair.  I take that as a good sign.  :D

Ark:SE = Ark: Survival Evolved (I forgot that Scorched Earth has the same initials)

Yes I'm sure some adults will play it too, but it seems very geared towards children. Nothing wrong with that, just pointing it out - I think it's a good thing, two similar games but on different paths for different audiences. Gives me more hope that Ark:SE will continue to be patched and improved.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:43 AM, PrimalBroom744 said:

This isn't new, ESO was made by Zenimax and not Bethesda because, Zenimax is a sister company so they have the ability and access to do so.

I'm sorry, but basic searching would tell you that Zenimax owns Bethesda. Zenimax is also founded by Bethesda's founders, so Zenimax and Bethesda? one in the same

• Facepalm 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:56 PM, Zederia said:

I'm sorry, but basic searching would tell you that Zenimax owns Bethesda. Zenimax is also founded by Bethesda's founders, so Zenimax and Bethesda? one in the same

Wrong they are a "subsidiary" Zenimax oversees Bethesda and has contracts with them. However they do not have ownership regardless of founders as, Bethesda is a offshoot or division of Zenimax. You should do a little more research buddy ;). You will also find out if you do some more research that Wild card is a "subsidiary" of snail games USA . Just like Bethesda is for Zenimax.

I don't really see how your comment has anything to do with my original post however but, it seems you didn't even look into a few google searches so, I can't say I'm surprised you didn't read it.

Edited by PrimalBroom744

• 1 month later...