PixARK Now Available on Steam Early Access & Xbox Game Preview!

Jen

I feel like this should be free to play. This seems like a grab for you money. There just trying to get all the money they can. I dont  want to sound rude or mean to the devs of both company's but this is ridiculous. Just focus on the game that everyone likes. The real Ark. It needs fixing so bad. And i feel like this is there back up to just keep grabbing peoples money. Please realize what you guys are doing. If this comes out of early game preview and is more then 25$ ive lost all hope in the company and i want to keep playing ark on xbox one but its so hard with how pvp is treated.

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, JellyBeanlover said:

I feel like this should be free to play. This seems like a grab for you money. There just trying to get all the money they can. I dont  want to sound rude or mean to the devs of both company's but this is ridiculous. Just focus on the game that everyone likes. The real Ark. It needs fixing so bad. And i feel like this is there back up to just keep grabbing peoples money. Please realize what you guys are doing. If this comes out of early game preview and is more then 25$ ive lost all hope in the company and i want to keep playing ark on xbox one but its so hard with how pvp is treated.

So the parent company of Wildcard aren’t allowed to make games using Ark’s IP and should just invest all of their money into Survival Evolved, is what you’re saying?

Snail Games were developers before they bought Studio Wildcard, why should they stop developing games just because something else is popular, wouldn’t it make sense to get behind the popular game, grow the market, and expand on it?

I can totally see this as just as much fun as regular ARK. I mean, aside from,a more cartoony feel, it will also have terraforming and the ability to create bases of any shape/size. Although, I likely won't buy it unless it has two player split screen. Although I think they could easily make 4 player split screen as Minecraft does

16 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

So the parent company of Wildcard aren’t allowed to make games using Ark’s IP and should just invest all of their money into Survival Evolved, is what you’re saying?

Snail Games were developers before they bought Studio Wildcard, why should they stop developing games just because something else is popular, wouldn’t it make sense to get behind the popular game, grow the market, and expand on it?

Where's this "popular" game?

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, BeastKing said:

I'd hold off on new game versions of ark till you fix the minor problems of ark survival evolved like the 250m tether for split screen or how when split screen is on you can't see the shoulder pet on the other persons view in first person.

PixARK isn't developed by Wildcard.

• Facepalm 1

On 3/28/2018 at 9:18 AM, DonaldDuck said:

Got a couple of questions :

Is there breeding too in this game ?

I tamed a pachy lv 37 iirc but after tamed it stays 37, is there no Taming Effectiveness ?

---

This game is quite good, but there doesn't seem to be any danger around so from my first impression trying the game what I did was I just wandered around, tamed a pachy, killed some dinoes, didn't feel the urge to settle for a base yet since I was well alive and fed and already SURVIVED, then I quitted the game and havent run it again since.  

Not sure about taming. I watched someone on twitch for a few minutes but the graphics were so bad I got a headache.

21 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Where's this "popular" game?

Since ARK is quite firmly in STEAMs top 10 games, I think it can safely be considered "popular".

21 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Ohhhhh look at that a new excuse to let ark die! GG devs 

As silly as this assertion is, lets just focus on the fact that WC isn't developing PixARK in any way.  But why should that matter when you can let your feelings be your facts, eh?

23 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

oh gee....I guess it's all original content then.

A lot of that game is original content, and a lot of the game is based on ARK assets.  That doesn't change the fact that those assets were given to a different development team working for their partner company, Snail Games.

It's not a difficult concept folks.

20 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

As silly as this assertion is, lets just focus on the fact that WC isn't developing PixARK in any way.  But why should that matter when you can let your feelings be your facts, eh?

Let's make one little notice, WC is promoting it on their site, think about how that looks to the average person. also, they say "Pixark now available" and no mention of Snail Games till deep in the post. Same with the other ports we've had about ports/side projects. not everyone will read articles all the way though. Snail games isn't mentioned in any aggressive manner, it's hidden and buried in pictures

edit: it's also not in the trailer, at all

Edited by Zederia
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Let's make one little notice, WC is promoting it on their site, think about how that looks to the average person. also, they say "Pixark now available" and no mention of Snail Games till deep in the post. Same with the other ports we've had about ports/side projects. not everyone will read articles all the way though. Snail games isn't mentioned in any aggressive manner, it's hidden and buried in pictures

Well said.

20 minutes ago, Zederia said:

they say "Pixark now available" and no mention of Snail Games till deep in the post.

On 3/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, Jen said:

Welcome to PixARK, a vast, wild world filled with vicious dinosaurs, magical creatures and endless adventure developed by Snail Games!

Yes, they buried that information very deeply.  It's all the way at the end of the very first sentence of the OP.

As much as some of you keep trying to steer it in another direction, this thread isn't about ARK, or Wild Card.  It's about PixARK.

Perhaps you should keep that in mind from this point on.

Edited by Ranger1
  • Facepalm 1