PixARK Now Available on Steam Early Access & Xbox Game Preview!

Jen

Welcome to PixARK, a vast, wild world filled with vicious dinosaurs, magical creatures and endless adventure developed by Snail Games! To survive in this mysterious land, you must tame creatures both ferocious and cuddly, craft high tech and magical tools, and build your own base out of cubes.

large.1.jpg

large.9.jpg

With a robust character creator, an infinite number of voxel based maps and procedurally generated quests, your PixARK adventure will be completely unique. Team up with friends to form a tribe, or play on your own. Spend your time building a towering fortress or go on a quest in a sprawling cavern. Fly on the back of a dragon and smite your enemies with a magic wand, or ride a mighty T-Rex and blast your foes with a rocket launcher. In the world of PixARK, how you play is up to you – as long as you survive!

large.2.jpg

large.3.jpg

Key features in the game include:

• Single player and online multiplayer
    • During the first week of the Xbox Games Preview launch, the team will be testing initial feedback and stability of the game.
    • Multiplayer on Xbox Games Preview will release in approximately 2 weeks.
    • Multiplayer is available on Steam now.
  • The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
  • Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
  • Character progression and customization
  • Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
  • Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
  • More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
  • Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds

large.6.jpg

large.7.jpg

During the early access period, Steam and Xbox One players will be among the first to enter PixARK’s world of mystery, danger, ancient dinosaurs, mythical beasts, and cubes! On day one, PixARK is available to select regions and territories which will expand to include many more throughout PixARK's development.

PixARK is available for $24.99 during the Early Access program. It will also be coming to retail / digital distribution to PC, Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox One X, Sony PlayStation 4 entertainment system and the Nintendo Switch later in 2018.

large.DYML-0_U8AATqrF.jpg

large.DYML_BRV4AA0NhI.jpg

large.DZRtQ_OVMAE4MYk.jpg

PixARK is available now to play on Steam Early Access & Xbox Game Preview!

Steam (20% off launch sale!):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/593600/PixARK/

Xbox (available today at 10am PST):
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NZFHMFDH9SQ

Begin your pixelized adventure today!

large.8.jpg

large_10.jpg

For all the latest PixARK news, screenshots, trailers, and previews, be sure to follow:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialPixARK
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialpixark/

View full article

I might unironically like this better than the normal game lol. Creative building on ARK takes way more resources and grind than games like minecraft where you just pick up blocks and put them back down to make houses/bases, and combat on ARK is miles ahead of a game like minecraft just in weapon and dino variety, so a game that combines both concepts well is very promising. 

Also making custom items look good/blend in nicely for blocky games is way easier so modding would be very nice. Hopefully it will have some open source coding support cause I prefer coding over the UE4 blueprint system.

14 hours ago, mmart said:

Snail Games bought Wilcard Studios in 2015. It is the same company. 

Volkswagen also bought Audi, Skoda, Bentley, Seat, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Scannia, Man, Ducatti and Porsche and they keep being all different brands on the market. One company buying other don't means they merge, only that they share bosses and funds. Also ideas spread faster between the brands and they can do cross measures and take ideas from one another without being sued.

Snail Games and Wildcard is the same.

Edited by MoNell

Played Pixark a bit yestreday, the game seems really neat. I got over 3000 hours on standard ark and still find some fun in pixark. In some aspects is easier than normal ark, that is on crafting and building, that will be great for people who like to be creative. Terraforming is also a thing!

Some things need to be improved too. Chat window is very big and annoying, it goes all over the place won't let you see inventory or options. There should be higher contrast between dinos's inventories and inventories backgrounds, to be easier to spot where exactly should you place the items. But I think all will be sorted, this is after all an early access game on the 1st (or 2nd) day of release. Looking forward to see improvements.

4 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

Oh man the Xbox version is brutal. The whole thing is unplayable. The UI is crap, slow, and tedious to use. On top of that, no split screen. One can play, but everyone else just has to watch? No thanks. There is no possible way someone tested this game on Xbox and said "Yep, that's good."

Agree 1000%.... I downloaded the free 60 min trial and really wanted to love it :( Until they fix this crap console UI i will not be giving 25$ for it.

• Like 1

Are you going to make a split screen option for this game? This game would be a blast to play with other people setting on the same couch. I bought a xbox one x just to play ark without a tether on split screen. Surely if Ark has spit screen you will add that feature to this game. I know it is early but please tell me it is in the works. 

52 minutes ago, leonflux20 said:

Are you going to make a split screen option for this game? This game would be a blast to play with other people setting on the same couch. I bought a xbox one x just to play ark without a tether on split screen. Surely if Ark has spit screen you will add that feature to this game. I know it is early but please tell me it is in the works. 

Post on their Twitter and ask them about it. They really need it as an option. There's no good reason that splitscreen isn't available. 

How is the splitscreen on the next xbox? Is it tether-less? 

Ark on xbox one x has no tether. Its great. Makes it way more fun on split screen. It makes all the difference in the world. You would think split screen on Pixark would be a given. How many people have multiple xbox ones to play multiplayer. You would have a larger customer base if 2,3, or even 4 people could play on one machine like Minecraft. At the least 2 on one machine

Got a couple of questions :

Is there breeding too in this game ?

I tamed a pachy lv 37 iirc but after tamed it stays 37, is there no Taming Effectiveness ?

---

This game is quite good, but there doesn't seem to be any danger around so from my first impression trying the game what I did was I just wandered around, tamed a pachy, killed some dinoes, didn't feel the urge to settle for a base yet since I was well alive and fed and already SURVIVED, then I quitted the game and havent run it again since.  

5 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Got a couple of questions :

Is there breeding too in this game ?

I tamed a pachy lv 37 iirc but after tamed it stays 37, is there no Taming Effectiveness ?

---

This game is quite good, but there doesn't seem to be any danger around so from my first impression trying the game what I did was I just wandered around, tamed a pachy, killed some dinoes, didn't feel the urge to settle for a base yet since I was well alive and fed and already SURVIVED, then I quitted the game and havent run it again since.  

i think that there is no breeding. I tried to breed bunnes with no effect.