Official Resource Clamp?

TheDrizzle404

Anyone know what the official resource clamp is? I'm going to be breeding gathering dinos and I don't want to waste points in melee when the gain is minimal. If you have a source for your information please include it. I Googled it and searched around a bit but couldn't find any concrete information on the subject.

For those that don't know, a resource clamp is a sort of cap on the number of resources you can gain from a node. IE even with 10,000% melee your dino can only gain x number of metal from one node.

Some of them claim they harvest "more" on higher melee, but how much more? Is a 600% melee ankylo harvesting twice as much as a 300%? More could be a handful of extra resources for exceedingly higher stats. Someone else in there mentioned a 5x cap on official. I wonder if it's a soft cap where melee does far less after 5x is reached.

1 hour ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

Some of them claim they harvest "more" on higher melee, but how much more? Is a 600% melee ankylo harvesting twice as much as a 300%? More could be a handful of extra resources for exceedingly higher stats. Someone else in there mentioned a 5x cap on official. I wonder if it's a soft cap where melee does far less after 5x is reached.

Different nodes have different health pools. Extra harvesting happens only on last hit (or only hit) to the resource node. To find out what the cap is you 1st want to find at what melee you start one-shotting certain nodes. Cap (for those nodes) will be 5x that amount.

8 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Different nodes have different health pools. Extra harvesting happens only on last hit (or only hit) to the resource node. To find out what the cap is you 1st want to find at what melee you start one-shotting certain nodes. Cap (for those nodes) will be 5x that amount.

Dartha is right, i usually go for 1000% dmg, i dont think any extra can be gained past that, not that ive noticed anyways.

The problem with single player is the settings aren't necessarily the same as official. Even default isn't the official settings.

14 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Dartha is right, i usually go for 1000% dmg, i dont think any extra can be gained past that, not that ive noticed anyways.

How much experimenting have you done? Is it worth it to go over 500 or even 600% when you could use those points elsewhere? I suppose the bottom line in all of this is when are the points no longer worth spending because the gain is too low.

7 hours ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

The problem with single player is the settings aren't necessarily the same as official. Even default isn't the official settings.

How much experimenting have you done? Is it worth it to go over 500 or even 600% when you could use those points elsewhere? I suppose the bottom line in all of this is when are the points no longer worth spending because the gain is too low.

Ive cranked it all the way to 2000%  but since the nodes can only supply up to 5x their health doing more then 5x a nodes hp per swing literally gives you no gain.  An ank can 1 shot a metal node around  200%(If my memory is correct) therefore 1000% is 5x.  Bushes would be even lower since a trike can 1 shot a bush at base dmg so 500% would do it

Archived