Unicorns, current rule.

Psych0P3nguin

I've tamed two unicorns on separate dates on the same vanilla ragnarok server, and I can confirm the ini files weren't changed because it's my own dedicated server. They still spawn there, I've only ever seen one at a time. It might be different on the island, but on ragnarok they can definitely spawn again after being tamed.

Guest DJRone89
14 minutes ago, MimiNuyasaka said:

I've tamed two unicorns on separate dates on the same vanilla ragnarok server, and I can confirm the ini files weren't changed because it's my own dedicated server. They still spawn there, I've only ever seen one at a time. It might be different on the island, but on ragnarok they can definitely spawn again after being tamed.

The ini is actually broken on unofficials so you don’t actually need it on for it to work as tribe on my server had 3 unicorns. However, you can amend the spawn frequency of them but the default is 24hrs actual time regardless of wether the ini is enabled or not.

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Read DJRones post right above yours.  The blocked spawn is a bug lol

For unofficials on Ragnarok only though. The same can’t be said about officials and very unlikely to be the same case.

1 hour ago, DeningWei said:

Actually I'm pretty sure Jen has said that's working as intended on official.

With WC its possible but its hard to believe its not a bug.  The unicorn isnt OP so no reason to cap it, its breedable and only with its own kind so youd think it be possible to free up space for another and breed them.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to necro, but I just tamed one on an unofficial Rag server (Nitrado that was setup within the past 3 days), flew out of render, back in and already saw another one. 

The only caveat that I'll give is that as soon as I tamed the first one, I cryopodded it. We know that dinos in cryopods don't count towards the tame limit, so that could be a nice workaround, if that's indeed what triggered it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

They spawn in SP. But its hard to find a single creature on the whole map.

After nearly 2 years without ever seeing one, I found 2 in 1 week.  The first one, appeared literally one hill over from my base on the Island. Shocking me that it was right in my back yard. I was so amazed to finally see one, I promptly command code tamed it.

Then a week later on my Rag map, I came across one, and this time I was near wild carrots, and tamed it legit. 

I now have both back in safe cages in the middle of the bases on both maps.  Not risking them dying, so I don't even ride them, except for inside the safety of the base.

I tamed one on my own dedicated The Island Server. A while later I saw another one although it got eaten by a carno before I could get to it ? Since then I haven't found any more, but I'm inclined to think it's just because they are rare (I rarely see any Equus either), rather than that it was a bug that a second one spawned. I'll hope to find yet another one - in that case I'll settle on being proven tamed Unicorns doesn't block spawn :P

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

I tamed one on my own dedicated The Island Server. A while later I saw another one although it got eaten by a carno before I could get to it ? Since then I haven't found any more, but I'm inclined to think it's just because they are rare (I rarely see any Equus either), rather than that it was a bug that a second one spawned. I'll hope to find yet another one - in that case I'll settle on being proven tamed Unicorns doesn't block spawn :P

If u saw a 2nd after u tamed 1 on the same map id say uv already proven it lol

I run a server plugin on our cluster that shows all the wild Dino’s on the map. I tested this and tamed Unicorns DO block spawns as long as they are on the server. If you cryopod them or transfer them they no longer block the spawns. 

You can test it yourself by installing the plugin on a server then tame/cryopod/transfer and look at the wild Dino’s  

https://github.com/ark-mod/ArkBot

16 hours ago, Aushegun said:

After nearly 2 years without ever seeing one, I found 2 in 1 week. 

Two in one week? I found two in one DAY. Unofficial Nitrado server, The Island, no mods or altered .ini files.

I was just flying around and spotted what I thought was an Equus on the beach across from the red Obelisk. I thought "Odd place for a horse", went in for a closer look, and realized what it really was. Grabbed it with my Argent, took it to my taming pen, went through the usual taming rigamarole, got me a Unicorn.

Right after that, I flew off to the east to scout for raptors by one of the rivers, and spotted another Unicorn on the hillside. Wash, rinse, repeat, now I have two.

It wasn't until later, when I looked it up online, that I found there could only be one wild Unicorn on the map at any given time. But clearly, there can be one wild AND one or more tames.

Archived